U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 06:53 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,681,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
predicting the day of the rapture is not something we should do... all we can know and learn about the rapture is that it will take place in the first half of the tribulation... the reason why God delayes the rapture is that he is so merciful that he doesn't want any of us to perish but he wants all of us to come to repentance. (those days will be cut short.. meaning there won't be exactly 7 years after the rapture. anyway there coduln't be 7 years after the soon coming rapture because we are already in the tribulation!) Of course he won't wait forever because the tribulation is already entrenched and these are the final seconds on the clock. the hour is almost up! the midpoint of the tribulation is the latest the rapture can happen because we know that in the second half of the trib , the Anti-christ becomes Satan incarnate and this cannot happen until the restrainer (the holy spirit and each born-again christian in whom the holy spirit dwells are withdrawn/removed/taken out of the way, etc..)
But I don't think it will be a mid-tribulational rapture, because before the antichrist declares himself God, a Global government will be in power at least for a few months.. so the rapture will take place before the global gov. is established out of chaos...
21 May 2011 - the Rapture ? I do believe it wil happen much sooner..
21 October - End of the World ? It doesn't make any sense..
As I have already mentioned and I must admit I cannot emphasize it more, the tribulation looks like this : www.signsofthetimes777-endtimeschart.webs.com (http://www.signsofthetimes777-endtimeschart.webs.com - broken link)

You are hesitant to completely dismiss those who predict future dates because in your mind you believe they might be right.

The whole rapture and end time theology in Christianity is based on the same illogic no matter if you commit to a date or water it down by using words like "soon" "near" "season" and "hour" You think it is scriptural because you can find those same words in a translation.

Just like the 2009 thread and the defunct 2010 thread,. of course there is the 2012 and 2015 threads. While some of you say you shouldn't pick dates, you still infer that you somewhat know, when you really have no idea what your talking about in the first place.

Jesus said the kingdom is with in, and all the talk of hours and seasons is because you will know within you when there is changes, he tells us to be ready not because the boogie man is coming around the corner it is because we need to enable people to recognize Jesus with in themselves.

This is where the church fails miserably. oh they put on a good show, but time and time again they miss out because they are looking and telling others to look all in the wrong places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 09:45 AM

7,543 posts, read 11,548,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
When is it exactly that Satan is to be let loose for his thousand year reign, then picked back up and thrown back into his bottomless pit? By these calculations he's been in power since 1011.

PS: Given to our growing confusion in the world today among our societies, there could be some merit to that.
I don't limit God to natural (carnal) interpretations when reading time frames; one, because spiritually they can represent something different, and two, the men that wrote it were from a different culture than we are today, and they used many figurative symbols to begin with.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:11 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,899,211 times
Allen what brought you to this particular date?

I heard a preacher on the radio last night making the same prediction, didnt catch his name but he sounded pretty old.

Old 01-05-2011, 04:51 PM

84 posts, read 151,888 times
Oh, this. See, it's really strange when people think there is some hidden date on which Judgement Day will occur.

Matt. 25:13 - "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour."

No one can know the true date of the end of the world, it's not something we're supposed to know yet.

Aside from that, there's no Biblical evidence for a rapture, its just a misinterpretation of some verses in Revelation.

I donít think itís very important to stress about when the world will end, or how. Just live your life, because if you let things like that worry you, youíre only hurting yourself.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:29 PM

7,530 posts, read 4,021,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I don't limit God to natural (carnal) interpretations when reading time frames; one, because spiritually they can represent something different, and two, the men that wrote it were from a different culture than we are today, and they used many figurative symbols to begin with.
2 Timothy
3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

People are people, I don't care what culture they live in. One thing is for sure, we have not changed. I think they read each other pretty good 3000 years ago and knew they hadn't change a bit.

Satan is confusion and in giving to him being loose for a thousand years, gives to me, from that symbol, that people will be in a state of confusion for 1000 (time is God's) years. Until at which time we are enlightened, he will not be thrown into that bottomless pit, until then.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:50 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,708,938 times
Harold Camping probably hasn't had a good bowel movement in years. It's messing with his brain.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:11 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,221,612 times
LOL insane...never a dull moment with you,huh?

Old 01-05-2011, 10:39 PM

10,177 posts, read 10,538,351 times
I think.......................um.....never mind.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:48 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,224,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Harold Camping probably hasn't had a good bowel movement in years. It's messing with his brain.
Are you insinuating that he might be full of .......... it

Old 01-06-2011, 02:19 PM

26,195 posts, read 14,086,044 times
Let's say they are correct and we know the day Christ is returning for His people.

How would you live life differently?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or