U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 03:33 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,228,096 times

Advertisements

should be just the same as you live all the time,according to the doctrine of imminence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 06:21 PM

21,298 posts, read 20,959,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Allen I commend you on your effort but you know as well as I there are scoffers in the endtimes even amongst the elect.
So are you saying you agree Allen and that the end will come somewhere between those two dates?

Old 01-07-2011, 10:00 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,693,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Allen I commend you on your effort but you know as well as I there are scoffers in the endtimes even amongst the elect.

Rapture Countdown to Rosh Hashana 2009 + Bible Code to Prove It!

Rapture 2010--Impressive New Evidence.

And do you think along the lines of modern end times theology that this skepticism is unfounded?

Old 01-07-2011, 10:26 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,693,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I believe the Kingdom is within, that there's no "rapture" for those who were put here to be tabernacles and "endure until the end", and that judgment is a part of our daily lives.

Ye?

May 21, 2011 - Judgment Day!; October 21, 2011 - The End of the World

I honestly feel sad for this person, having been deceived in the religious lie in this to the point that there is a belief that if this date come and goes that people left aren't even saved. This means this person will believe you all who continually yap about end times won't be saved either.

Yet there are people that instead of seeing what religion has done to this person, they keep it alive because they think, "well it just may be true" really sad.

When this date comes and goes and this person is heartbroken , shame on you who continue this nonsense.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:39 AM

indeed;Jesus said we would not know the DAY, nor the hour.so there is no way to accurately predict that.
I don't know why us UU ppl get put down when there are others who won't even adhere to the basic sayings of Jesus.this just couldn't be more clear.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:48 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,292,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I honestly feel sad for this person, having been deceived in the religious lie in this to the point that there is a belief that if this date come and goes that people left aren't even saved. This means this person will believe you all who continually yap about end times won't be saved either.

Yet there are people that instead of seeing what religion has done to this person, they keep it alive because they think, "well it just may be true" really sad.

When this date comes and goes and this person is heartbroken , shame on you who continue this nonsense.
Or is it just hollow saber rattling on their part. Are they living their life like these are the end dates of their life or the world.

And when I say live their life, I'm not talking about getting right with god or anything like that, but real world things. After all;
  • why contribute to your 401k if the world ends soon
  • why start a family if the world ends soon
  • why buy a new house or car if the world ends soon
  • why strive for a promotion or a better job if the world ends soon
  • why not max out your credit cards, you won't have to pay it back when the world ends
  • why not quit your job and travel the world while there is still time, go to the holy land to be in the front of the line

After all you either have the faith you are right, OR you are just making noise. Which is it?

Old 01-07-2011, 01:58 PM

6,039 posts, read 9,231,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
See, that's the problem. You don't have decades left. None of us do. Do you see the state of the world? You have to be blind not to think the return of the Lord isn't near. And just because I am awaiting the rapture of the church, doesn't mean that I have no plans for college or any other thing. I don't think the Lord wants me to stop doing things in life just because of that. But the fact is, I don't think I will get to. But it's all good. I bet there's tons of colleges in Heaven and all of my dreams to accomplish there.
You sound like all the old crones cackling and tut-tutting in the pews of church when I was growing up. My very own mother, on my fifth birthday, said to me "Enjoy your birthday, because you're probably not going to get another one. The world will come to an end before it!"

Uh, yeah mom, riiiight. I've had 42 birthdays since then. I think I can safely say y'all are crazy if you think you're going to be sucked up to heaven and that the world will end.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
You sound like all the old crones cackling and tut-tutting in the pews of church when I was growing up. My very own mother, on my fifth birthday, said to me "Enjoy your birthday, because you're probably not going to get another one. The world will come to an end before it!"
the economic scare tactics have been around for decades,too.this is nothing new.I was told,when I was still in a single digit age,to eat NOW because next yr this time,we may not have anything to eat.
same with gas...recall that commercial w the kid? 'there may not be any fuel left by the time I get to college...grown-ups just gotta stop wasting so much fuel!'. (i'm convinced the gov't put that one out there).
..been eating and driving just fine ever since. funny how that works..

..the older you get,the more you understand that life just isn't black n white,it's shades of gray...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or