U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2011, 07:44 PM

7,788 posts, read 10,443,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I believe I said that. Jesus saved us all . . so we are capable of agape love and can build on His foundation.
Forgive June's ignorance, but wouldn't "agape" be a fundamental point, as outlined, highlighted, and above all emphasized within the NT, irrespective to where one's church is located? "Biblically based" is biblically based, or so it would seem to June, based on what she has learned....

Old 01-06-2011, 08:01 PM

14,078 posts, read 17,027,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Forgive June's ignorance, but wouldn't "agape" be a fundamental point, as outlined, highlighted, and above all emphasized within the NT, irrespective to where one's church is located? "Biblically based" is biblically based, or so it would seem to June, based on what she has learned....
I hope you find the answer's you're seeking and would be happy to converse with you another time or in another place. Not now and not here, though, as this thread is about to deteriorate into another exercise in self-righteousness and intolerance.

In fact, it's already started, so stillkit is leaving the building.

Good luck.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:03 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,061,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You completely junped right over and out of the point. If one does not have Jesus in their heart then all they can express is lust never love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You are completely clueless about what love is. You have what you think it might be, your version, which I question as it is book learned, not from living life, and loving, without question, without judgment.

And your words here so extremely fly in the face of reason being that you recently voted YES! to the question "As a Christian, do you believe that torturing someone is ever a good thing to do?" That is utterly despicable.

You will have to forgive this heathen, but you are unqualified to comment on anyone's ability to love, as you can't differentiate between love and hate.
June is far too loving and tolerant, Ahevillet. I would have jumped all over the ridiculous statements made by RobinD69. To insinuate that those of us who happily and intellectually choose to live without what we see as a false and unnecessary highly codified and punitive philosophy, are also incapable of love is, well, just plain ignorant.

I'll graciously leave it at that.

You're altogether too kind, June.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:06 PM

37,477 posts, read 25,217,301 times
Quote:
Unfortunately the brands of church that are Churchian or Biblean masquerading as Christian are legion. They ignore the clear and unambiguous example and teachings of Christ in the NT and accept the corruptions of the ignorant primitive beliefs and superstitions of our ancestors in the OT. They emphasize these corruptions that are diametrically opposed to the nature of God that Jesus revealed . . . and still presume to call it Christianity.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:55 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,567,063 times
Quote:
June,

I told a friend of mine recently when referring to this scripture that I believe many who do not even claim to know God will enter the Kingdom before the hypocrites. It is just hard to suffer the arrogance of stiff-necked hypocrites (it was even hard for JESUS to put up with them!)

Jesus says, “Amen, I say to you, the tax collectors and prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God before you.” (Matt 21:31)

Jesus was speaking to the chief priests and elders - the top religious heads of the day. JESUS SAID THAT PROSTITUTES WOULD BE ENTERING INTO THE KINGDOM BEFORE THE RELIGIOUS THUGS!

And I say to some who post on here - even the Atheists are entering the kingdom of God BEFORE you!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-06-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

June is far too loving and tolerant,..

June tries. She is who she is...

She's "just June."

Last edited by june 7th; 01-08-2011 at 11:37 AM..

Old 01-06-2011, 09:06 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,899,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You are completely clueless about what love is. You have what you think it might be, your version, which I question as it is book learned, not from living life, and loving, without question, without judgment.

And your words here so extremely fly in the face of reason being that you recently voted YES! to the question "As a Christian, do you believe that torturing someone is ever a good thing to do?" That is utterly despicable.

You will have to forgive this heathen, but you are unqualified to comment on anyone's ability to love, as you can't differentiate between love and hate.
LOL, and did you bother to read my explination for my answer or does an answer of yes to the question automatically condemn some to hatred? There are many levels of torture, which ones do you want to address? Conviction of the Holy Spirit? Medical problems? Medical remedies? Childbirth? Gitmo? Suicide Bombers? Righteous Judgement of God? Come now, surely there is a torture that is acceptable even to you.

If I hated as you so eloquently accused me of I would not even make the effort to explain myself and for that matter I wouldnt even care about anyone else but myself, but I share and warn and what you and others do with it you will but do not act selfrighteous and accuse me of hate, you do not even know me.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
June,

I told a friend of mine recently when referring to this scripture that I believe many who do not even claim to know God will enter the Kingdom before the hypocrites. It is just hard to suffer the arrogance of stiff-necked hypocrites (it was even hard for JESUS to put up with them!)

Jesus says, “Amen, I say to you, the tax collectors and prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God before you.” (Matt 21:31)

Jesus was speaking to the chief priests and elders - the top religious heads of the day. JESUS SAID THAT PROSTITUTES WOULD BE ENTERING INTO THE KINGDOM BEFORE THE RELIGIOUS THUGS!

And I say to some who post on here - even the Atheists are entering the kingdom of God BEFORE you!!!!!!!!!!
June is very aware of what Jesus said to those of the OT mentality, in his knowledge that he was fullfilling the "new coventent" of the OT....The Samaritan woman at the well is but one example of this, in June's mind, or way of understanding....

Atheists are not "evil" or necessarily "lost" people. We just believe differently, and our negation of the exitence of God does not undercut who we are, or the same degree of caring and love that Christians have, uphold, or profess to have.

We just are.

Take gentle 'different' care.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-08-2011 at 11:38 AM..

Old 01-06-2011, 09:14 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,899,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
June is far too loving and tolerant, Ahevillet. I would have jumped all over the ridiculous statements made by RobinD69. To insinuate that those of us who happily and intellectually choose to live without what we see as a false and unnecessary highly codified and punitive philosophy, are also incapable of love is, well, just plain ignorant.

I'll graciously leave it at that.

How can you jump all over something you clearly do not understand. June is a very loving person but the love she expresses, with all due respect to June, is of this world and not of God and with her heart as it is would make God very happy if she would just remove the veil she has covering her sight.

Intellectual and Philosophocal, two tools of the evil one to blind the knowledgeable.

I ask this,does anyone know all their is to know?

Old 01-06-2011, 10:22 PM

30,138 posts, read 19,958,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Get off your self-righteous ignorance and stop judging who has or does not have God's love. God's love is the ONLY kind available . . . and you cannot love at all without loving God. God IS LOVE! Your problems with lust in the name of love have corrupted your understanding of love and to accuse June of that kind of love is unconscionable!Knowing all is not necessary. The real question is when are the literal fundamentalists going to abandon the ancient ignorance and actually try to know SOMETHING . . . ANYTHING to ameliorate the ancient ignorance?
I agree Mystic , the more i read on this forum,the more i see christianity is still in the dark ages in the way it thinks.The world that they think hates them, is infact more advanced in it's mind. Our gullibility knows no bounds,christianity has gone to war on everything but in the way it thinks, which is it's root problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity