U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2011, 07:04 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,906,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Get off your self-righteous ignorance and stop judging who has or does not have God's love. God's love is the ONLY kind available . . . and you cannot love at all without loving God. God IS LOVE! Your problems with lust in the name of love have corrupted your understanding of love and to accuse June of that kind of love is unconscionable!Knowing all is not necessary. The real question is when are the literal fundamentalists going to abandon the ancient ignorance and actually try to know SOMETHING . . . ANYTHING to ameliorate the ancient ignorance?
Then do you realize how little the most knowledgeable of all people only know a small fraction of what there is to know. The point I am making is that there is alot of judging going on with limited knowledge of the facts and that theologies are produced by theories within this limited knowledge. Needless to say we as a whole are more ignorant than our primative ancestor becuase we promote limited theories over Biblical truth.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Apparently you think religious words of text are what saves.
Not at all, Jesus saves but the Bible is our guide book in this world.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Amen Mystic!! Very well said. Robin I'm afraid your idea of love is very one-sided.....what Mystic said is the truth, ALL love comes from God. Maybe June doesn't know God, but she knows how to express the love that He put inside of her, whether she acknowledges where that love comes from is beside the point. ALL love is from God, lust has nothing to do with what we're talking about here.
Her love is limited by this world Gods isnt.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
Indeed;if all love wasn't from God, then only Christians would be able to reproduce and have babies and be blessed and such.But we see that isn't the case at all...God loves everyone.
Not at all, there is a love that is worldly and then there is Gods love, worldly love is much like lust while Gods love permiates the soul.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:11 PM

5,741 posts, read 4,592,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post

How so?

Old 01-07-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
How so?
Without the love of God her worldly love will die with her, she needs to accept Christ or she will be limited to this worldly love. As I said the love she shows would be an excellent addition to Gods love but only she can accept or reject.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:17 PM

30,289 posts, read 20,026,374 times
Quote:

God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number fill the earth and subdue it'. Genesis 1:28

Robin i know it's tradition to believe the bible is a rule book, but i don't accept that.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:31 PM

5,741 posts, read 4,592,455 times
Quote:
Without the love of God her worldly love will die with her, she needs to accept Christ or she will be limited to this worldly love. As I said the love she shows would be an excellent addition to Gods love but only she can accept or reject.

No earlier you said something about her love not being really love, but lust. Robin what are you talking about?

What is "worldy" love?

Explain, spell it out... in detail what you are saying, here.
(if you don't mind.)

Old 01-07-2011, 07:33 PM

37,614 posts, read 25,300,228 times
Quote:
Then do you realize how little the most knowledgeable of all people only know a small fraction of what there is to know. The point I am making is that there is alot of judging going on with limited knowledge of the facts and that theologies are produced by theories within this limited knowledge. Needless to say we as a whole are more ignorant than our primative ancestor becuase we promote limited theories over Biblical truth.
Quote:
Restricting your knowledge to the Bible (a compilation of writings from 4000 +years ago to no more recent than 2000 years ago) is the most asinine position one could possibly take toward life. Stagnating in ancient ignorance is no way to live. You may feel more ignorant than our primitive ancestors (and I would not dispute it) . . . but we know so much more about ourselves and our world that to make such a claim is preposterous on its face.

Quote:
Quote:
Not at all, there is a love that is worldly and then there is Gods love, worldly love is much like lust while Gods love permiates the soul.
Moderator cut: edit. Perhaps you are confused between lust and love . . . but I doubt June is. They have nothing to do with each other. Lust is lust and love is love. Can they exist simultaneously . . . of course . . . but there is no confusing them.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-07-2011 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: attack the idea not the person

Old 01-07-2011, 07:39 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,226,501 times
Quote:
I'm talking about loving each other,not wordly things.of course lust isn't love,but certainly ppl of ALL faiths do indeed have love for others.otherwise they wouldn't be human.but they are...made in God's image.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity