U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-07-2011, 09:22 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 4,899,792 times
Reputation: 624

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Robin......you know I love you. Moderator cut: edit...... Love is love, and it comes from God. All of it. If it wasn't for God none of us would even be here to experience HIS love....it all belongs to Him. You need to sit back and contemplate why it is that you can't see this.
Look at what Munchkin has shared and then look at everyone on this thread, really look Ilene I know you can see the truth and I know you feel good in your current state but how is that serving Gods love? Read the whole chapter and see what I see.

 
Old 01-07-2011, 09:38 PM
 
37,477 posts, read 25,224,572 times
Reputation: 5853
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Thank you my friend, this hits the target dead center.
Does this mean you are accusing Just June of NOT loving in these ways . . . and what are you basing this outrageous charge on? You have to stop believing that the literal ancient ignorance is the truth. It blasphemes Christ! Accepting and "believing ON" Christ happens entirely within our "heart" by responding to the promptings of the Holy Spirit, period. Everything else is irrelevant.

All the trappings of religious belief are man made interpretations for the purpose of power and control. The threats are counter productive and blaspheme God by removing the volition to accepting Jesus' love in their "heart." Anything EXTORTED is useless and has no possibility of love in it. So all your "warnings" about consequences are against God's requirement for us to "love God and each other." It creates a threat and extortion situation that corrupts any relationship with God through fear. Fear cannot co-exist with love. It turns the Good News into Bad News!
 
Old 01-07-2011, 09:43 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,746,380 times
Reputation: 58197
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Look at what Munchkin has shared and then look at everyone on this thread, really look Ilene I know you can see the truth and I know you feel good in your current state but how is that serving Gods love? Read the whole chapter and see what I see.
Feel good? Naw, it ain't that, it's the truth. The truth IS serving God's love. I have looked Robin, now I want YOU to really look.....look at June and the people around you IRL and try and tell us that they don't experience real love, feel what we feel, know what we know even though they may not know God personally. It is ALL His love, He is the source Robin.
 
Old 01-07-2011, 11:55 PM
 
5,733 posts, read 4,580,552 times
Reputation: 4148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Feel good? Naw, it ain't that, it's the truth. The truth IS serving God's love. I have looked Robin, now I want YOU to really look.....look at June and the people around you IRL and try and tell us that they don't experience real love, feel what we feel, know what we know even though they may not know God personally. It is ALL His love, He is the source Robin.
Beautifully put, Ilene.
"It is ALL His love. HE is the source."
Indeed.


Just my two cents:

Why do you think God has designed us in a way that we create our OWN children. So that human beings will START to fathom the type of love that HE has for US. It's really so beautiful. And the depths of it are breathtaking.

Why do you think we are to love our neighbor? Because God wants His creation to FEEL loved NOW. Do you know how many people do a wonderful job at this, and there is a great number of them who do not even YET believe in God. But one day they will and they will recognize Him clearly, I have no doubt. It isn't about saying a sinner's prayer, it isn't about following steps a - e. It has nothing, NOTHING to do with any of that. There are many who believe in love, (and it shows) yet claim to not "believe in God". THere are also many who believe in God but don't yet believe in LOVE. Please ponder that.


But one day, the truth will stand, when all of the confusion flutters to the ground, when we stop "looking through the glass darkly" and all will rejoice at the beautiful truth that GOD is love. Some will find the source of their love, (the one who lovingly created them). While others will finally START TO KNOW and understand love. Finally understanding what Jesus was conveying. Finally understanding what He was saying. Finally understanding HOW and WHY He did what He did.

Some finally understanding there is a God, and that they actually believed in Him all along and didn't know it. And still yet others finally understanding just WHO the God they believed in, is. That is totally wild to me, and it makes perfect, perfect sense to me.

There is a much larger, infintely more beautiful picture unfolding...
And we never seem to give God enough credit that He knows exactly, EXACTLY what He is doing. And that He is GOOD and TRUSTWORTHY.

Robin.. you're right when you said "patience".
We do need to have patience, I agree with that.
And in the meantime, we need to LOVE as much as we can.
Because that is the way we use God's arms to embrace our fellow man.
Some do it so excellently without even realizing they are...



We love Him because HE first loved us.
WE LOVE. PERIOD.
Because HE first LOVED us.
LOVE comes from HIM.
LOVE ONLY and ALWAYS comes from HIM.

This was hard to put into words, but I hope it made some sense.
If not maybe later on down the road, I can find better words to explain what is bursting at the seams in my heart.
peace,
sparrow
 
Old 01-08-2011, 12:13 AM
 
37,477 posts, read 25,224,572 times
Reputation: 5853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Feel good? Naw, it ain't that, it's the truth. The truth IS serving God's love. I have looked Robin, now I want YOU to really look.....look at June and the people around you IRL and try and tell us that they don't experience real love, feel what we feel, know what we know even though they may not know God personally. It is ALL His love, He is the source Robin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Beautifully put, Ilene.
"It is ALL His love. HE is the source."
Indeed.


Just my two cents:

Why do you think God has designed us in a way that we create our OWN children. So that human beings will START to fathom the type of love that HE has for US. It's really so beautiful. And the depths of it are breathtaking.

Why do you think we are to love our neighbor? Because God wants His creation to FEEL loved NOW. Do you know how many people do a wonderful job at this, and there is a great number of them who do not even YET believe in God. But one day they will and they will recognize Him clearly, I have no doubt. It isn't about saying a sinner's prayer, it isn't about following steps a - e. It has nothing, NOTHING to do with any of that. There are many who believe in love, (and it shows) yet claim to not "believe in God". THere are also many who believe in God but don't yet believe in LOVE. Please ponder that.


But one day, the truth will stand, when all of the confusion flutters to the ground, when we stop "looking through the glass darkly" and all will rejoice at the beautiful truth that GOD is love. Some will find the source of their love, (the one who lovingly created them). While others will finally START TO KNOW and understand love. Finally understanding what Jesus was conveying. Finally understanding what He was saying. Finally understanding HOW and WHY He did what He did.

Some finally understanding there is a God, and that they actually believed in Him all along and didn't know it. And still yet others finally understanding just WHO the God they believed in, is. That is totally wild to me, and it makes perfect, perfect sense to me.

There is a much larger, infintely more beautiful picture unfolding...
And we never seem to give God enough credit that He knows exactly, EXACTLY what He is doing. And that He is GOOD and TRUSTWORTHY.

Robin.. you're right when you said "patience".
We do need to have patience, I agree with that.
And in the meantime, we need to LOVE as much as we can.
Because that is the way we use God's arms to embrace our fellow man.
Some do it so excellently without even realizing they are...



We love Him because HE first loved us.
WE LOVE. PERIOD.
Because HE first LOVED us.
LOVE comes from HIM.
LOVE ONLY and ALWAYS comes from HIM.

This was hard to put into words, but I hope it made some sense.
If not maybe later on down the road, I can find better words to explain what is bursting at the seams in my heart.
peace,
sparrow
Amen my precious sisters . . . Ilene you summed it up perfectly in the bold. Sparrow you covered it so beautifully . . . as usual . . . your posts are inspired and inspiring. (Can't rep either of you)
 
Old 01-08-2011, 01:03 AM
 
4,810 posts, read 5,436,611 times
Reputation: 7576
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You are very studious and very knowledgeable of the Bible and your knowledge is what keeps you from Christ, and I pray the Lord will open your eyes to the truth so you can answer your own questions.
What a strange conundrum.
 
Old 01-08-2011, 01:17 AM
 
4,810 posts, read 5,436,611 times
Reputation: 7576
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
Some churches are like that here (the yelling and screaming) and some are not. The more cultured ones aren't. They behave in a civil manner.
Socioeconomic differences.
 
Old 01-08-2011, 01:23 AM
 
4,810 posts, read 5,436,611 times
Reputation: 7576
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Lastly, let June just say that she found the overall population and people she encountered in the south to be exceedingly pleasant people; far more courteous and kind than those up north. A vastly different culture, indeed, on a number of levels.

Apart from the screaming and yelling in church, June's experience of those living in the south and their helpful kindness was something that genuinely impressed her, leading her to come home wondering if we aren't just plain rude up here!

(Except for June, of course!)....
You just summed up my entire love/hate relationship with the South.
 
Old 01-08-2011, 01:24 AM
 
17,689 posts, read 8,866,529 times
Reputation: 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
There is a much larger, infinitely more beautiful picture unfolding...
...bursting at the seams in my heart.
And it is apparent in the loving-kindness you display, making it visible for all to see.

x-y-z
 
Old 01-08-2011, 01:38 AM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,746,380 times
Reputation: 58197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
And it is apparent in the loving-kindness you display, making it visible for all to see.

x-y-z
I'll second that with a great big AMEN!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top