U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-08-2011, 08:42 AM
 
37,707 posts, read 25,405,242 times
Reputation: 5868

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
without faith all the "love" is a bunch of humanitarian used tampons Isaiah 64:6
The issue is not whether we have faith . . . it is WHAT we have faith about! You have placed your faith in the ignorance of ancient savages abandoning the UNAMBIGUOUS example and teaching of Jesus Christ for those primitive understandings of Jehovah. The mainstream Churchians and Bibleans might as well call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses . . . because they do NOT witness to Christ and His message of "love God and each other." Faith in the "love of God and each other" as displayed and taught by Jesus is the faith we need to please God! You can accept and live under the demeaning and abusive belief that your love is a used Tampon . . . no thanks . . . no father least of all God would EVER think such a thing about His children (no matter what our ignorant savage ancestors believed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Why is it self-righteous ignorance when we don't agree with you?

It doesn't matter who has God's love. Loving your neighbor, by itself, won't help you get into heaven.

It is not who has God's love - it is who has God, through Jesus Christ.

You cannot get into the kingdom of God unless you are one with the Father, Son, and Spirit. And that takes place through faith in the gospel of Christ.

Everyone has a sin problem. Sin is what keeps everyone, on their own merit, from the kingdom of God. The Father is holy and is separates Himself from sin. But when we are united with the Father through Jesus - it is the righteousness of Jesus that the Father sees in us (since we are one with Him) that will allow us to be in the kingdom.
The sin problem was a species one . . . because no human consciousness was good enough to connect with God's consciousness. THAT was what Jesus' human consciousness did. It achieved "perfect resonance" (IDENTITY) with God's consciousness eliminating the problem of sin for our entire species. Faith in the words "written in ink" is NOT the faith that we need. We need faith in the LIVING CHRIST who abides with us . . . and in His Holy Spirit within that guides us to what God has "written in our hearts." THAT is the Good News of Christ . . . "love God and each other" . . . not all that ancient ignorance about Jehovah.

 
Old 01-08-2011, 08:51 AM
 
Location: US
26,475 posts, read 14,070,434 times
Reputation: 1609
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
In my experience, many people who profess to be Christian do not like God as He is revealed to us in His Holy word. There are many reasons for this but the primary one is probably the most serious sin of them all. The pride of Man. True Christainity is not based on logic or reason at all but on "Faith alone in Christ alone". Everything we know about God and His plans for us and for this world is revealed in the bible and we are givin understanding of this book by the Holy spirit. Now the pride of Man comes into it in this way. If a man does not like what the Word plainly says then he will look for some obsecure text, take it out of context and claim that THAT is the truth of the matter. Another common thing that I have observed is that this pride of Man really causes trouble if there are things of God that are not understandable to the man. "I can't understand it so it must not be true", or the God of my understanding can't possibly be like that so I'll create a God that I can understand.
Can you understand a being that created the uniserse out of nothing by a word? A being that is all powerful all knowing, exists everywhere and at the same time has an intimate relationship with all His own children????
In other words creating God in your image rather than allowing yourself to be created in God's image...I disagree with you on your point of logic and reason...When i was a young Christian i laughed at someone when they told me that God was logical...I now find that He is very logical and reasonable and this logic and reason is in accordance with His attributes that many do not want to accept...In the Old Testament God says to return to Him and let us reason together for your sins are not so grievous that they cannot be blotted out...And i agree with the pride issue also...So, i have to rep you on everything but the 'logic and reason' part of your statement...
 
Old 01-08-2011, 09:13 AM
 
Location: US
26,475 posts, read 14,070,434 times
Reputation: 1609
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
As an atheist residing in the Bible Belt, from my experience, the discrepancies are basically dealt with by believing to some degree or another that "I'm right and everyone else is wrong." Even if they are almost right but not quite, they are still wrong. That's the attitude I come across the most. Not to say people are always rude about it, but many religious folks quite honestly pity those who haven't been exposed to "the Truth" yet.
does 'there's a kernal of truth in what you say' mean anything to you?...
 
Old 01-08-2011, 09:19 AM
 
3,152 posts, read 2,293,532 times
Reputation: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Ah, but it is....
When you become a child of the King, you become royalty, not with earthly crowns, but heavenly !! You don't stop living, you begin to really live !!!
the fun starts when? before or after death?
i'am a child of creation and i feel happy.
i've got a good quality of life.
i just don't see any need in adopting any unnecessary doctrines, creeds, rituals, baggage, etc...

loving the Lord needs is suppose to be so simple that even a fool can easily understand it.
 
Old 01-08-2011, 09:38 AM
 
Location: US
26,475 posts, read 14,070,434 times
Reputation: 1609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Ah, but it is....
When you become a child of the King, you become royalty, not with earthly crowns, but heavenly !! You don't stop living, you begin to really live !!!
As a Gentile one is just grafted into the tree by adoption...how can one be a co-heir with christ and at the same time be a child of Him?...How can Christ be the first born of many brethern but, be the father of those bretheren?...I can say that that is a very immature understanding of the relationship because i've been there...
 
Old 01-08-2011, 09:42 AM
 
Location: US
26,475 posts, read 14,070,434 times
Reputation: 1609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Your welcome !! I know that a lot of men have a difficult time in expressing love into words and it comes out completely misunderstood.... now, for women, that is another story..... it is the way God created us.

Men- think logical
Women- think creatively
Women think emotionally...I believe that is the reason why the scriptures state that a preacher must be the husband of one wife indicating that men are to be preachers and not women...women can be deaconesses or elderesses but not preachers...
 
Old 01-08-2011, 09:59 AM
 
Location: US
26,475 posts, read 14,070,434 times
Reputation: 1609
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

without faith all the "love" is a bunch of humanitarian used tampons Isaiah 64:6



Heb 11:6 and apart from faith it is impossible to please well, for it behoveth him who is coming to God to believe that He is, and to those seeking Him He becometh a rewarder.

Heb 11:6 ButG1161 withoutG5565 faithG4102 it is impossibleG102 to pleaseG2100 him: forG1063 he that comethG4334 to GodG2316 mustG1163 believeG4100 thatG3754 he is,G2076 andG2532 that he isG1096 a rewarderG3406 of them that diligently seekG1567 him.G846

G1161
δέ
de
deh
A primary particle (adversative or continuative); but, and, etc.: - also, and, but, moreover, now [often unexpressed in English].

G5565
χωρίς
chōris
kho-rece'
Adverb from G5561; at a space, that is, separately or apart from (often as preposition): - beside, by itself, without.

G4102
πίστις
pistis
pis'-tis
From G3982; persuasion, that is, credence; moral conviction (of religious truth, or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher), especially reliance upon Christ for salvation; abstractly constancy in such profession; by extension the system of religious (Gospel) truth itself: - assurance, belief, believe, faith, fidelity.

G102
ἀδύνατος
adunatos
ad-oo'-nat-os
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G1415; unable, that is, weak (literally or figuratively); passively impossible: - could not do, impossible, impotent, not possible, weak.

G2100
εὐαρεστέω
euaresteō
yoo-ar-es-teh'-o
From G2101; to gratify entirely: - please (well).

G1063
γάρ
gar
gar
A primary particle; properly assigning a reason (used in argument, explanation or intensification; often with other particles): - and, as, because (that), but, even, for indeed, no doubt, seeing, then, therefore, verily, what, why, yet.

G4334
προσέρχομαι
proserchomai
pros-er'-khom-ahee
From G4314 and G2064 (including its alternate); to approach, that is, (literally) come near, visit, or (figuratively) worship, assent to: - (as soon as he) come (unto), come thereunto, consent, draw near, go (near, to, unto).

G2316
θεός
theos
theh'-os
Of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with G3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively a magistrate; by Hebraism very: - X exceeding, God, god [-ly, -ward].

G1163
δεῖ
dei
die, deh-on'
Third person singular active present of G1210; also δεόν deon which is neuter active participle of the same; both used impersonally; it is (was, etc.) necessary (as binding): - behoved, be meet, must (needs), (be) need (-ful), ought, should.

G4100
πιστεύω
pisteuō
pist-yoo'-o
From G4102; to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), that is, credit; by implication to entrust (especially one’s spiritual well being to Christ): - believe (-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.

G3754
ὅτι
hoti
hot'-ee
Neuter of G3748 as conjugation; demonstrative that (sometimes redundant); causatively because: - as concerning that, as though, because (that), for (that), how (that), (in) that, though, why.

G2076
ἐστί
esti
es-tee'
Third person singular present indicative of G1510; he (she or it) is; also (with neuter plural) they are: - are, be (-long), call, X can [-not], come, consisteth, X dure for awhile, + follow, X have, (that) is (to say), make, meaneth, X must needs, + profit, + remaineth, + wrestle.

G2532
καί
kai
kahee
Apparently a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so, then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words: - and, also, both, but, even, for, if, indeed, likewise, moreover, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yea, yet.

G1096
γίνομαι
ginomai
ghin'-om-ahee
A prolonged and middle form of a primary verb; to cause to be ("gen" -erate), that is, (reflexively) to become (come into being), used with great latitude (literally, figuratively, intensively, etc.): - arise be assembled, be (come, -fall, -have self), be brought (to pass), (be) come (to pass), continue, be divided, be done, draw, be ended, fall, be finished, follow, be found, be fulfilled, + God forbid, grow, happen, have, be kept, be made, be married, be ordained to be, partake, pass, be performed, be published, require, seem, be showed, X soon as it was, sound, be taken, be turned, use, wax, will, would, be wrought.

G3406
μισθαποδότης
misthapodotēs
mis-thap-od-ot'-ace
From G3409 and G591; a remunerator: - rewarder.

G1567
ἐκζητέω
ekzēteō
ek-zay-teh'-o
From G1537 and G2212; to search out, that is, (figuratively) investigate, crave, demand, (by Hebraism) worship: - en- (re-) quire, seek after (carefully, diligently).

G846
αὐτός
autos
ow-tos'
From the particle αὖ au (perhaps akin to the base of G109 through the idea of a baffling wind; backward); the reflexive pronoun self, used (alone or in the compound of G1438) of the third person, and (with the proper personal pronoun) of the other persons: - her, it (-self), one, the other, (mine) own, said, ([self-], the) same, ([him-, my-, thy-]) self, [your-] selves, she, that, their (-s), them ([-selves]), there [-at, -by, -in, -into, -of, -on, -with], they, (these) things, this (man), those, together, very, which. Compare G848.

Meaning assists understanding...must believe that He is THE TRUE GOD?...Meaning and understanding...

Last edited by Richard1965; 01-08-2011 at 10:11 AM..
 
Old 01-08-2011, 10:10 AM
 
3,152 posts, read 2,293,532 times
Reputation: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Women think emotionally...I believe that is the reason why the scriptures state that a preacher must be the husband of one wife indicating that men are to be preachers and not women...women can be deaconesses or elderesses but not preachers...
you are not going to get very many flies with that^ vinegar.
 
Old 01-08-2011, 10:14 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,068,824 times
Reputation: 17784
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
you are not going to get very many flies with that^ vinegar.
You can say that again.... that is definitely opening a can of worms or maybe a..... can of whip a**
 
Old 01-08-2011, 10:23 AM
 
16,301 posts, read 24,334,555 times
Reputation: 8272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Women think emotionally...I believe that is the reason why the scriptures state that a preacher must be the husband of one wife indicating that men are to be preachers and not women...women can be deaconesses or elderesses but not preachers...
The primitive drum beat of the stone age is alive and well, at least in the minds of some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top