U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-08-2011, 09:25 AM
 
Location: US
27,292 posts, read 14,621,709 times
Reputation: 1679

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Apparently you think religious words of text are what saves.
What do you base your faith on?...

 
Old 01-08-2011, 09:25 AM
 
3,821 posts, read 2,470,832 times
Reputation: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The primitive drum beat of the stone age is alive and well, at least in the minds of some.
snare drums no doubt.
 
Old 01-08-2011, 09:30 AM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 10,031,709 times
Reputation: 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
. . You can accept and live under the demeaning and abusive belief that your love is a used Tampon . . . no thanks
It doesn't take much to figure out you have no desire for the truth, Isaiah 64:6 . Even your higher evolved understanding theory which you believe occurred can't hide that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
. . . no father least of all God would EVER think such a thing about His children (no matter what our ignorant savage ancestors believed).
You may feel more enlightened than our ancestors ....but we know so much more about our ancestors and their world that to make such a claim is preposterous on its face.

You have no basis in fact for making such ridiculous claims.
 
Old 01-08-2011, 09:35 AM
 
38,856 posts, read 26,134,440 times
Reputation: 5955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What do you base your faith on?...
The UNAMBIGUOUS example and teachings of Jesus Christ. Only ignorant savages could so completely miss the point of His life, death and message!!!
 
Old 01-08-2011, 09:37 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,176,892 times
Reputation: 17788
Quote:
Originally Posted by asheville native View Post
more like a big ol can of stupid :d
:d
 
Old 01-08-2011, 09:46 AM
 
38,856 posts, read 26,134,440 times
Reputation: 5955
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It doesn't take much to figure out you have no desire for the truth, Isaiah 64:6 . Even your higher evolved understanding theory which you believe occurred can't hide that.
I will let intelligent people who know the syndrome of domestic abuse and its attendant symptoms decide whether or not your feeling that your love is a used Tampon in God's eyes is truth or symptom.
Quote:
You may feel more enlightened than our ancestors ....but we know so much more about our ancestors and their world that to make such a claim is preposterous on its face.
You have no basis in fact for making such ridiculous claims.
You have displayed no such knowledge. The wealth of sociological, archaeological. anthropological and social psychological knowledge available to me provides more than sufficient basis for my assertions! What modern civilized human being could even remotely consider tossing their live baby into a fire as a sacrifice to their savage God? That is only one of the wondrous outcomes of their ancient ignorance.
 
Old 01-08-2011, 10:01 AM
 
Location: US
27,292 posts, read 14,621,709 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyChick View Post
I agree with this post. I would also like to add a few thoughts, June. I have been a Born-Again Christian (Baptist) for nearly 16 years and I have found that "Christians" come in many flavors. It is easy to understand the confusion that exists and Satan is behind that confusion. He doesn't want people to find the truth because he hates God and he hates those who follow God. First you must understand that there is a HUGE difference between being "religious" and being a Christian. The term Christian gets loosely tossed around and applied to anyone who might occasionally go to church (any church), even if that person lives a wicked and un-Christian life! Anyone can call themselves a Christian. In reality, Christian means FOLLOWER OF JESUS CHRIST. A true follower of Christ keeps His commandments and desires to live a holy life, because HE IS HOLY. Simply belonging to a church that has statues of Jesus does not mean that someone is following Christ! We have the Holy Bible (God's Word) which tells us the kinds of things that are and are not pleasing to God. If someone says that they are a Christian and yet has no regard for what God's Word says, they live a life of sin and not consistent with Biblical living, they do things that God's Word plainly says are sinful, then that person is NOT a Christian, it's that simple.

Now, worship styles are a whole different story and that varies by denomination, culture, etc. As long as the worshiping is being done according to scripture and for Christ alone it is not wrong. It all comes down to obedience to God's Word and in order to know what is right and what is wrong you need to know God's Word. A lot of the reason for so much diversity in churches is due to people doing "that which is right in their own eyes", rather than being obedient to God.
It's a lot to cover in a couple of paragraphs, but I hope it helps!
Satan is not a person but an attribute...as i have said before, Judaism is a Christians heritage...to understand your Faith it is neccessary to understand Judaism...Look up the word Satan in the hebrew language, and you will find that it means adversary...The Jews do not think of Lucifer as an adversary to God but rather to man...he is a tester of God's creation...and not adverse to God...If sin is not permitted in God's presence then how do you explain that, in Job, he was with the other angels in God's presence where God asked him where he has been?...and further how could and evil spirit have been sent from God to torment Saul the rest of his days...Just because you have been saved for16 years does not neccessarily mean that you are mature in knowledge and understanding for the Corintians were still babes in Christ, in heir understanding and knowledge according to Paul and could not ingest the meat of the word otherwise they would choke on it and therefore had to suckle milk still...this may seem 'blunt' but that is the way we are told to be as in hebrews 10:35 -
(KJV+ Strong's)
Heb 10:35 Cast not awayG577 G3361 thereforeG3767 yourG5216 confidence,G3954 whichG3748 hathG2192 greatG3173 recompence of reward.G3405
(young's Literal Translation)
Heb 10:35 Ye may not cast away, then, your boldness, which hath great recompense of reward,

G3954
παῤῥησία
parrhēsia
par-rhay-see'-ah
From G3956 and a derivative of G4483; all out spokenness, that is, frankness, bluntness, publicity; by implication assurance: - bold (X -ly, -ness, -ness of speech), confidence, X freely, X openly, X plainly (-ness).

Notice how it implies that one should not be politically correct when it comes to the Word of God...
 
Old 01-08-2011, 10:11 AM
 
38,856 posts, read 26,134,440 times
Reputation: 5955
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Like.....atheist's?

Psalm 53:1
The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, and their ways are vile...
You will get no argument from me about this.
Quote:
John 5:39
You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life.....yet you refuse to come to me to have life.
But I marvel at the irony that you would completely miss the difference between your focus on the words "written in ink" (Scriptures) "because you think that by them you possess eternal life." And my focus on the LIVING Word of God Jesus Christ who abides with us and His Holy Spirit within our consciousness guiding me to what God has "written in my heart." Do you not see the irony?
 
Old 01-08-2011, 10:13 AM
juj
 
Location: Too far from MSG
1,657 posts, read 2,314,469 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Perhaps what June is really asking is this: If you all really have ONE God, then what accounts for such vast variations in terms of your understanding of him, and how do you all reconcile that?
I can answer that with one word on why the differences: Protestantism. (Definition: An individualistic pursuit, interpretation, and application of Truth)
 
Old 01-08-2011, 10:26 AM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 10,031,709 times
Reputation: 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I will let intelligent people who know the syndrome of domestic abuse and its attendant symptoms decide whether or not your feeling that your love is a used Tampon in God's eyes is truth or symptom. You have displayed no such knowledge. The wealth of sociological, archaeological. anthropological and social psychological knowledge available to me provides more than sufficient basis for my assertions! What modern civilized human being could even remotely consider tossing their live baby into a fire as a sacrifice to their savage God? That is only one of the wondrous outcomes of their ancient ignorance.
Those who only believed in the true God didn't toss their live baby into a fire as a sacrifice to their savage god ...(small "g").



And intelligent people can see the double standards of what is insulting.....so what would you say 1\2 the time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top