U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 02:49 PM

17,689 posts, read 8,866,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.

Matthew 12:33
“Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit.
"A person's fruit doesn't fall far from his own tree of knowledge, when preserved for themselves."

Old 01-08-2011, 02:51 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,228,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Because if they had, they wouldn't be a "atheist" ..... now would they?

By their confession....
The darkness in your heart is superseded only by the absolute lack of understanding about the human character.

Everything you profess as proof is merely the words of long long dead men that had all the weaknesses that has and still plagues mankind. These men had their fears, their passions, their agendas, and their own level of ignorance, all now part of the book you put blind faith in, which is my opinion is an act of insanity. Not specifically what they said, but the utter surety that their words are not worth the ink on the paper.

To exhibit the hatred you do based solely on this book of questionable sources is the ultimate in arrogance and denial.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:12 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,899,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Does this mean you are accusing Just June of NOT loving in these ways . . . and what are you basing this outrageous charge on? You have to stop believing that the literal ancient ignorance is the truth. It blasphemes Christ! Accepting and "believing ON" Christ happens entirely within our "heart" by responding to the promptings of the Holy Spirit, period. Everything else is irrelevant.

All the trappings of religious belief are man made interpretations for the purpose of power and control. The threats are counter productive and blaspheme God by removing the volition to accepting Jesus' love in their "heart." Anything EXTORTED is useless and has no possibility of love in it. So all your "warnings" about consequences are against God's requirement for us to "love God and each other." It creates a threat and extortion situation that corrupts any relationship with God through fear. Fear cannot co-exist with love. It turns the Good News into Bad News!
I am not accusing anyone of anything, I am just sharing the truth which apparently many cannot handle.

Does God give us His love to sin? No we have our own worldly, fleshly counterfeit, feel good love. I am sorry but all I see in UR is selfishness and idolotry and the very essence of your "primative ancient ignorance" reeks of hatred for Gods word. Jesus did not reject the OT He clarified it but you want to destroy it with hatred.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I will let intelligent people who know the syndrome of domestic abuse and its attendant symptoms decide whether or not your feeling that your love is a used Tampon in God's eyes is truth or symptom. You have displayed no such knowledge. The wealth of sociological, archaeological. anthropological and social psychological knowledge available to me provides more than sufficient basis for my assertions! What modern civilized human being could even remotely consider tossing their live baby into a fire as a sacrifice to their savage God? That is only one of the wondrous outcomes of their ancient ignorance.

Really? Have these things explored every inch of the world, even under the sea? No the total knowledge of mankind is less that 10% of the whole, pride is your sin and it is based on limited resources.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:49 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,222,060 times
June,just don't wear white after Labor Day here,ok? other than that,I think you'll be fine if you visit again.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:08 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,810,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The darkness in your heart is superseded only by the absolute lack of understanding about the human character.

Everything you profess as proof is merely the words of long long dead men that had all the weaknesses that has and still plagues mankind. These men had their fears, their passions, their agendas, and their own level of ignorance, all now part of the book you put blind faith in, which is my opinion is an act of insanity. Not specifically what they said, but the utter surety that their words are not worth the ink on the paper.

To exhibit the hatred you do based solely on this book of questionable sources is the ultimate in arrogance and denial.
It will be by those words that will either save or condemn the skeptic.

John 12:48
There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"A person's fruit doesn't fall far from his own tree of knowledge, when preserved for themselves."

It appears that a couple of posts have been deleted?
When people leave organized religion, they need to leave the hypocrisy behind as well.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:51 PM

37,477 posts, read 25,224,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I am not accusing anyone of anything, I am just sharing the truth which apparently many cannot handle.

Does God give us His love to sin? No we have our own worldly, fleshly counterfeit, feel good love. I am sorry but all I see in UR is selfishness and idolotry and the very essence of your "primative ancient ignorance" reeks of hatred for Gods word. Jesus did not reject the OT He clarified it but you want to destroy it with hatred.
You keep prattling on about sin which has zero to do with the absolute evil of the primitive superstitious beliefs about God in the OT, Robin. The only idolatry is that focused on the Bible and the words "written in ink" . . . instead of the LIVING Word of God Jesus Christ. I have no hatred for God's word . . . but the ignorance, the blind acceptance, and the superstitious reverence displayed by the Bible idolaters without thought or reason . . . disgusts me. It is the essence of the evil in the Westboro Baptist morons. It degrades the human mind and humanity with superstitious evil that parallels the Dark Age arrogance and reveals a lack of spiritual development and a mental brutality that rivals that of the Inquisition. The refusal to use our God-given abilities to learn, think and reason . . . in order to defend and retain the ancient primitive ignorance of savages as a sign of faith . . . defies explanation in this day and age.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 01-08-2011 at 05:02 PM..

Old 01-08-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
You keep prattling on about sin which has zero to do with the absolute evil of the primitive superstitious beliefs about God in the OT, Robin. The only idolatry is that focused on the Bible and the words "written in ink" . . . instead of the LIVING Word of God Jesus Christ. I have no hatred for God's word . . . but the ignorance, the blind acceptance, and the superstitious reverence displayed by the Bible idolaters without thought or reason . . . disgusts me. It is the essence of the evil in the Westboro Baptist morons. It degrades the human mind and humanity with superstitious evil that parallels the Dark Age arrogance and reveals a lack of spiritual development and a mental brutality that rivals that of the Inquisition. The refusal to use our God-given abilities to learn, think and reason . . . just to defend and retain the ancient primitive ignorance of savages as a sign of faith . . . defies explanation in this day and age.
Now, that's the truth.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
You keep prattling on about sin which has zero to do with the absolute evil of the primitive superstitious beliefs about God in the OT, Robin. The only idolatry is that focused on the Bible and the words "written in ink" . . . instead of the LIVING Word of God Jesus Christ. I have no hatred for God's word . . . but the ignorance, the blind acceptance, and the superstitious reverence displayed by the Bible idolaters without thought or reason . . . disgusts me. It is the essence of the evil in the Westboro Baptist morons. It degrades the human mind and humanity with superstitious evil that parallels the Dark Age arrogance and reveals a lack of spiritual development and a mental brutality that rivals that of the Inquisition. The refusal to use our God-given abilities to learn, think and reason . . . just to defend and retain the ancient primitive ignorance of savages as a sign of faith . . . defies explanation in this day and age.
Understanding that Book not idolizing it is what the Holy Spirit quides us to do to have a clearer understanding of God thru Jesus Christ. The evil one want us to disregaurd the lessons of Gods word. You have absolutly no understanding of the OT just as the Westboro morons have no understanding of God. I have tried to shine some light into the casim of hate that so blinds you to the truth ah but it is better to walk away than to cast pearls before swine, and no I am not calling you a pig, its a metapor.

The emboldend is precisely what I asked you to read, have you or are those words to primative for you as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity