U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2011, 07:23 PM

37,573 posts, read 25,275,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You completely junped right over and out of the point. If one does not have Jesus in their heart then all they can express is lust never love.
You cannot judge whether or not someone is following Jesus' Holy Spirit within from ANYTHING external. Since Jesus abides with us (something so many mainstreamers profess but do not seem to believe) it is not possible for us NOT to have Him in our hearts. We can only follow His promptings or fail to LISTEN, period. JESUS ABIDES WITH US. HE IS ALIVE within our consciousnesses. Those who do not believe this are the ones who fail to "believe on" Jesus . . . and focus on the external worldly and carnal things of the "precepts and doctrines of men."

I just read this by Brian . . . and it excellently makes the points I have been trying unsuccessfully to make. Here are some excerpts:

"But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ ("believe ON"), and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof." (Rom. 13:14) Where Christ is, is heaven. If Christ rules in your heart, the son of perdition, the son of the bondwoman, is cast out.

Where is Jesus Christ? If we are able to hear it, He is to be seen within our hearts, we are to "put Him on" and walk in His Spirit. "Christ in you, the hope of glory." (Col. 1:27)

1 Corinthians deals with division among believers. Indeed, many Christians do not yet know Christ, seeing they are looking for a Christ outside them, which they shall never see. (And the flesh continues to reign herein, seeing that the witness of Christ the Anointing that breaks the yoke of sin is still to be seen in them.)
"4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ; 5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;
6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:

We need the testimony confirmed daily within us.
v. 30-31:
"But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: that, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord." Jesus is our righteousness and joy! Can you feel and see Him rising within your hearts today?

The Spirit of God vs. the spirit of Antichrist:

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.(as of the writing of this epistle . . . so waiting for the anti-Christ 2000+ years later makes no sense)Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error." (1 John 4:1-6)

Many people will confess that Jesus Christ was a man who lived on the earth 2,000 years ago. Even unbelievers will confess this.

But true believers in Christ are those who
have the witness in themselves, who have seen and rejoice in seeing Christ within their hearts, where He comes to dwell. Many Christians do not have this witness, and therefore do not know Christ, but only imaginations and hearsay. This is where there are so many confusing and contradictory doctrines of devils.

May we all come to see, feel and know Jesus Christ within us today, in the unity of the Spirit (for there is One Lord and One Spirit) that we may be a Light and testimony of Him unto the world!

And if we are joined with the Lord, we are
one Spirit with Him.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 01-06-2011 at 08:08 PM..

Old 01-06-2011, 07:37 PM

7,788 posts, read 10,455,126 times
Quote:
Love your neighbor as yourself, cannot be done until you first love God, He already love you all you need to do is return that love so you can know true love not the false manmade love which is not fit for satan.
Robin- With all due respect, June is someone who went to the south, and the bible belt in particular, being fully aware of the fact that things would be different than what she was accustomed to here, up in the north.

To say that June, as a nonbeleiver is incapable of loving, or loving her "neighbor" (others) as she does herself strikes June as a vast disservice to what is true Christianity. It turns it into some kind of exclusivity that June, for one, isn't certain is or was the true intention of Jesus to begin with.

June does not feel that the love that she feels for those in her life is a purely "manmade" love. It is genuine, it is true, and it is sanctified by it's own validity, reality, authenticity and very own existence. (But that's just "just June's perspective....)

Take gentle loving care...

Old 01-06-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
June I am sorry that your honest heart felt questions bear bad fruit amongst the divisions of faith. This goes back to what I was trying to share with you and has played itself out on your thread.
It's okay, Robin. June merely asked a question, perhaps based out of her own ignorance, and unfamiliarity with different types of cultures within Christianity...

You clearly have nothing to apologize for. June means it.

Take gentle care.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
If one does not have Jesus in their heart then all they can express is lust never love.
No, Robin...With true respect, June loves, and is truly very capable of love.

As regards your words above, there is, truly, a real differnce. --In all sincerity. (We don't need to agree, but June just felt compelled to point this one fact out.)

Take gentle loving care.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:06 PM

3,359 posts, read 10,646,079 times
Curious as to what denominations June attended both up north and down south?

Lutherans and Congregationalists are more prevalent in the north whereas Baptists are more the norm in the south. Each denomination has their own twist on things as well as is each pastor different from every other. This applies to non-christian services as well. All places of worship have their own internal culture reflected by those who attend and those who lead them at the time.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:18 PM

14,078 posts, read 17,054,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
sorry you had a bad experience,I can relate.When I was a teenager,I would often go to other churches with friends,and have even had the minister look straight at us and raise his voice: "AND YOU YOUNG PEOPLE...",which made me feel like looking around for someone younger! who,what, where..... WHAT young ppl.......???? they must be hiding under the bench...LOL.

I even once had the minister point his finger at our group and raise his voice,COMMANDING us to come up for alter call. WHA???? I mean,that is just RUDE!! alter call is completely OPTIONAL and is between you n GOD.
sigh.ok,enough.

My wife and I left a church over snide remarks about Catholics and Blacks from the pulpit, accompanied by "knowing" snickers from the audience.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:19 PM

14,078 posts, read 17,054,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Primitive superstitious misunderstanding of scripture and the NT covenant . . . "Love God and each other." We do not need to do anything to be saved. Our entire species was saved from eternal separation from God by Jesus. We need to work out our own sanctification and build upon what Jesus accomplished for us all. We will reap what we sow . . . but we are all saved . . . as by fire. The more agape love we produce the better. The more selfish non-love we produce the more we will lose. But we are ALL saved.
True agape love is a result of salvation, not the other way around.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:20 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,258,763 times
Quote:
LOL, you really make me laugh Mystic. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind, until you do that then you cannot claim to trully love anyone else and until the selfish of this world realize that fact then they will remain lost.LOL

Love your neighbor as yourself, cannot be done until you first love God, He already love you all you need to do is return that love so you can know true love not the false manmade love which is not fit for satan.
You are completely clueless about what love is. You have what you think it might be, your version, which I question as it is book learned, not from living life, and loving, without question, without judgment.

And your words here so extremely fly in the face of reason being that you recently voted YES! to the question "As a Christian, do you believe that torturing someone is ever a good thing to do?" That is utterly despicable.

You will have to forgive this heathen, but you are unqualified to comment on anyone's ability to love, as you can't differentiate between love and hate.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:31 PM

37,573 posts, read 25,275,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
True agape love is a result of salvation, not the other way around.
Re-read my post . . .I believe I said that. Jesus saved us all . . so we are capable of agape love and can build on His foundation.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post

Curious as to what denominations June attended both up north and down south?
The church services that June attended at home, in the north, were both non-denominational in nature. The church service that she attended in the south was also, supposedly, non-denominational in nature.

There was, however, a vast difference between the two "non-denominational" type churches that she attended here in the north, and that in the south. Upon arriving home, June spoke to one of her "minister freinds" who has a daughter who had moved to Nashville over a year ago. Minister said that her daughter was having a "very difficult time" finding a church in the area that she felt that she would be comfortable with....So June is thinking that this is not just in "just June's" mind...

June thinks that Christianity is conveyed and expressed very differently between the vast divides of culture, in spite of it's having an inherently same message! --A fact that for a nonbeliever is somehow intriguing...

Take gentle care...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity