U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-24-2011, 05:57 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,198,849 times
Reputation: 892

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
You are wrong. The scriptures reveal a never ending time, such as the Age to Come and the NH and E....which is post second coming and post resurrection of the dead/GWTJ...it's all in there....Ezekiel, Daniel, Isaiah, Malachi, Micah, Zechariah, Peter's and Paul's epistles, the Hebrews, and Revelation, etc, etc, etc.

Secondly, I am not ET. ET is purely per covenant, and there is no place in Hades for those outside of covenant, and without the knowledge of God. It's just that simple. If you are outside of covenant, you future is that that is in the dust, just as the beasts. No living soul, no resurrection.
You have been deceived, the scriptures speak nothing about never ending time. The bible does speak of the "end of the ages" and "the fulness of times" ...


Hebrews 9:26
Then Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But now he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.


We are currently in the last ages, and they will fully end when God becomes all and all in the fullness of times.


Eph 1:10
That in the dispensation of the fullness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-24-2011, 06:01 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,286,196 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You are deceived, the scriptures speak nothing about never ending time.
tis tis Ironmaw you are full of judgmental nuances...you are incorrect....everywhere you step....because of UR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2011, 06:03 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,286,196 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
Scriptures use words that elsewhere have a meaning with an ending. So why assume the meaning suddenly changes when it's about LoF?

Jesus speaks about corrective punishment. Meaning it ends.
Nobody is outside the covenant. Jesus died for all people.
He has created a peculiar people unto Himself, apart from the world.

Quote:
KJVJohn 3
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Kosmos - Covenant world of John 3.

Quote:
That's the whole world. 1Co_15:22-28 is after Revelation. Certain things happening in Revelation ended there.
No it isn't. He died to dis annul the covenant with death - Isa 28

Quote:
Don't be fooled by the word perish. It doesn't say it's permanent. Greek word is apollumi.
The sheep, the coin, the prodical son all where apollumi.
The were all found. The son did indeed seek. The sheep perhaps knew they were lost but are to dumb to seek. And the coin simply knew nothing.
The meaning of apolumi/perish/destryed on the wide road varies with the voice.
Yes it does, in many places.....sheep, prodigal son, goats, damned, wicked, sorcerer, murder, idolater, etc, are all covenant people.

Quote:
"NH and E" what's that?
Are you kidding me?

For you and Ironmaw...Christ reigns unto a world without end - Isa 9:7 - That is the Age to Come and the New Heavens and Earth, which endures, forever, eternally, always, without end, no end in sight, for ages and ages, unto the ages and ages, everlastingly, forever and ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2011, 06:25 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,198,849 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
tis tis Ironmaw you are full of judgmental nuances...you are incorrect....everywhere you step....because of UR.
Judgmental ... Whatever, are you judgmental because you believe that i am deceived?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2011, 06:26 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,198,849 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
tis tis Ironmaw you are full of judgmental nuances...you are incorrect....everywhere you step....because of UR.
Quote me one scripture that says "never ending time" please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2011, 07:16 PM
 
30 posts, read 29,275 times
Reputation: 22
Is Eusebius still around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2011, 07:32 PM
 
Location: Somewhere
6,370 posts, read 5,628,309 times
Reputation: 575
aionios doesn't address the endpoint. It just tells us the continuing point. So something that will continue beyond the age. It doesn't tell us when it will end. It only tells us that something is and will continue to be after the age boundry. The endpoint is concealed from us.

Therefore, aionios neither refers to something endless or something with an end. Since the endpoint is not addressed. So aionios punishment would mean punisment that exists and will continue to exist beyond this age. If we say aionios life it means life that exists now and will continue to exist after this age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2011, 07:48 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,198,849 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel cripps View Post
Is Eusebius still around?
If you are speaking of the OP of this thread, the answer is yes he still posts here regularly, though im not certain if he is actually online at this time ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2011, 08:03 PM
 
30 posts, read 29,275 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
If you are speaking of the OP of this thread, the answer is yes he still posts here regularly, though im not certain if he is actually online at this time ...

Do you understand what he is saying in the OP?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2011, 08:18 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,198,849 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel cripps View Post
Do you understand what he is saying in the OP?
Yes, he is saying that the Greek word "aionios" which is translated in most English versions of the bible as "eternal" or "everlasting" does not actually mean either "eternal" or "everlasting".

Many contemporary theologians in trying to prove that the Greek word "aionios" means "eternal" and "everlasting" have made reference to the writings of Plato in order to do so, especially his work known as "Timaeus" ...

He is showing that in fact Plato's use of the word "aionios" cannot mean eternal due to the context in which Plato used it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top