U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 09:16 AM

200 posts, read 210,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
You have to be a major dunce to STILL think all this is normal!...You really think scientist would tell you the truth of what's going on!?! They would NEVER reveal earthquakes, floods, famines, and pestilences on the rise because they would rather keep you all in silence so that you wouldn't turn to the Bible for answers!!...
Allen, you're right. We shouldn't be using the brains and intelligence God gave us to understand nature and determine why things happen. The purpose of our brains is to memorize scripture.

Why in the world would scientists be so worried about people going to their Bible for answers? Do they all gather at closed-door conventions and discuss the state of world faith and what they can do to spread atheism? Sounds like you've been reading too many Jack Chick publications.

You're awfully young to be a conspiracy buff, aren't you? And a few posts later, you call Insane a dunce. How Christlike. I really don't see anywhere that he baited you...just calling you on your statements which you shouldn't make if you can't back them up with something other than circular references i.e. using the Bible to prove the Bible correct.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:33 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,718,677 times
[quote=allenk893;17391078]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post

Since I can't respond to Insane according because I'm on my cell phone, I felt the urge to at least set this record straight by the biggest dunce to ever come out of Jamaica which is Insane. I'm 18 years old. I turned 18 last October and I made that clear a year ago. I will not be repeating that fact again. Insane just wanted to stir up trouble by trying to make me over react. He should slap himself for trying to make up such a ridiculous claim when I even made that clear in my post. I said the year after I was born. The internet went public in 1993. Common sense goes a long way. And I couldn't possibly use the internet in 1999 if I was born in '98.
LOL...stop insulting the Jamaicans. I was born on St. Thomas, United States Virgin Islands just like Betsey Lane and, like you, I have said this time and time again on this forum.

I like the 'dunce' reference. Made my day. Evern my co-worker found it funny. lol

Old 01-13-2011, 11:04 AM

6,232 posts, read 9,526,290 times
[quote=InsaneInDaMembrane;17392708]
Quote:

LOL...stop insulting the Jamaicans. I was born on St. Thomas, United States Virgin Islands just like Betsey Lane and, like you, I have said this time and time again on this forum.

I like the 'dunce' reference. Made my day. Evern my co-worker found it funny. lol
I wasn't insulting Jamaicans. I was simply using that to call you out. Which I probably shouldn't have because that's pretty tasteless and classless on my part but you were warranted for an attack. Especially for the last few days you've been popping off more than usual. Someone has to set you straight around here. But anyway, I have lots more to say to you and snuffy over there that loves to get up in people's business even though no one asked for their nosy little opinion. I'll be sure to respond to you accordingly. Oh I don't even have facts to back me up?! Look at the whole state of the world! That's pure fact alone!!

Old 01-13-2011, 11:16 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,718,677 times
[quote=allenk893;17393171]
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post

I wasn't insulting Jamaicans. I was simply using that to call you out. Which I probably shouldn't have because that's pretty tasteless and classless on my part but you were warranted for an attack. Especially for the last few days you've been popping off more than usual. Someone has to set you straight around here. But anyway, I have lots more to say to you and snuffy over there that loves to get up in people's business even though no one asked for their nosy little opinion. I'll be sure to respond to you accordingly. Oh I don't even have facts to back me up?! Look at the whole state of the world! That's pure fact alone!!

LOL...the part about the Jamaicans was a joke, son. I was simply telling you not to insult the Jamaican pride by including this 'dunce' in their number.

What have I have been popping off with, Allen?

Old 01-13-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy63 View Post
You're awfully young to be a conspiracy buff, aren't you? And a few posts later, you call Insane a dunce. How Christlike. I really don't see anywhere that he baited you...just calling you on your statements which you shouldn't make if you can't back them up with something other than circular references i.e. using the Bible to prove the Bible correct.
First of all, who was talking to you?! I don't remember quoting Snuffy in any of my response post. I was talking to Insane and then you jumped in the conversation like you swear you know something about me. You don't know crap! I've been in these forums for more than 2 years now so don't give me that "how Christlike" iteration that you Atheist are always throwing. If you were people weren't being so freaking rude I wouldn't either!! And how about you? I don't think being rude, nosy, and condescending is very tolerating or nice!! Now lets address several things in your post since you want a piece of the pie.

Quote:
Allen, you're right. We shouldn't be using the brains and intelligence God gave us to understand nature and determine why things happen. The purpose of our brains is to memorize scripture.
I never even POSTED scripture in my response and here you come with your BS claim. I backed myself up without the bible with several articles detailing catastrophes around the world (one after the other btw) and I still managed to prove the Bible right. You know what? I should have posted scripture in the first place for all this nonsense. Only blind people cannot see what's happening. Congrats on being one of them.

Quote:
Why in the world would scientists be so worried about people going to their Bible for answers? Do they all gather at closed-door conventions and discuss the state of world faith and what they can do to spread atheism? Sounds like you've been reading too many Jack Chick publications.
Here's the thing. Nobody cares about Atheism. I didn't mention Atheism. I said they don't want folk to go looking to the Bible for answers because they don't want to people to start a crusade of Christianity connecting the disasters of the world to the Bible so that it causes mass panic to people who don't know about revelations. They would NEVER try to do that. And if they did, they would only attempt to dismiss it as usual until something really huge happens. I'm waiting on that just to see what their going to say next. These scientist do not have our best interest in mind. They only want money. They would in fact deny any kind of prior knowledge about catastrophic natural disasters that would endanger millions of people just to dismiss the Bible and keep the public anti-God and pro-science so they can keep their high position in society as geniuses and absolute authority to make their money. Your a fool if you really think that everything they say is true and told like they wouldn't lie to you to keep you in ignorance.

Jesus Christ is the only truth in this world. And look how his major truth is coming true. Israel became a nation in one day in 1948. God told us this 2,000 years ahead of time. That is the major event that signaled the end times clock. Now look at us in 2010. Last year alone we had historic earthquakes, floods, tsunamis, fires, hurricanes, winters, volcanic eruptions, famines in various parts of the world, Christians being persecuted everywhere, etc. These are all the birth pains. Look at us in 2011! We have already had thousands of birds fall dead out of the sky across the world for no reason, at least 3 cities have been flooded (Brisbane, Teresopolis, & Manila) and we are just 13 days into the new year!! My God. I can't imagine what's to come in a few weeks!! If you really think the Lord is delaying his return?! Think again!

Old 01-13-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Your times = 1998 to present and WIDER distribution of NEWS that:
Lies!! Radio, telephone, television, newspaper!!

Quote:
40+ year olds did NOT have in THEIR day to be alarmed like you.
That doesn't mean ANYTHING to me!!!

Quote:
Something has ALWAYS not been right about the world. Nothing new.
We KNOW something has always been wrong with the world! Sin!!

Quote:
But you were born in 1998 not 4000 B.C.E
Born in '92! Get a clue!

Quote:
You NOR the internet was around just 30 years ago.
The internet has been around for more than 2 decades now. Matter fact, TV has been around for more than 4!! . Always reporting WORLDWIDE NEWS. So what is this claim that we have better access to news? When pearl harbor happened, all we had was radio to know!! When WWI happened, we had telegrams and a translator to know that we were going to be attacked! When the Vietnam War happened, live footage straight from Vietnam was shot and shown to American audiences. So what wider access do we have?!! There is still radio and television news to confirm reports from across the world!! They show these things on the news because they are in fact happening! Not because we have better access to news sources.

Quote:
Yup, those evil scientists know the world is coming to an end real soon and they want ALL of us to die including themselves. Yup, some secret, evil plot.
You really think they would TELL you if the world was coming to an end?!! HAHA!!

Quote:
Yup, they ALL have an agenda against the Bible. They are just doing it just for doing it.
You got that right.

Quote:
I hope City-Data is still around in 20 years and we are both still alive and posting....wait, you don't plan to be around. Never mind.
Ain't gonna be no City-Data in 20 years. I highly doubt there will be internet either. Jesus is coming back any day now. I know that for a fact. After that, game over and light's out. I don't know why people are still planning for their future 5-20-30 years from now. There will be none of that. The world as you know it is coming to an end. We have reached the end of the ages. As soon as Jesus returns, it's done. There will be a new kind of Earth and time will still exist but the things we thought were important now will be considered in vain in that time. Me? I'm still planning on going to college and experiencing life. But as for long term plans? I have none because there will be none! People really think they have forever but they don't. It takes one good look at the state of the world to know we don't have years and decades left to enjoy. Jesus is returning and that will be the wrap for this sinful world.

Last edited by allenk893; 01-13-2011 at 12:14 PM..

Old 01-13-2011, 12:38 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,687,516 times
Quote:
Jesus is coming back any day now. I know that for a fact.

Any day now? I thought you believed it was may 21st.. Which is it? May 21 st or any day now?

Old 01-13-2011, 12:42 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,687,516 times
Quote:
I don't know why people are still planning for their future 5-20-30 years from now.

Wisdom.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:47 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,756,061 times
Allen, my dear, you've really got to calm down. Snuffy63 is allowed to post anywhere on this forum or on C-D, wherever he likes and personally I don't think he posts enough. And Snuffy is NOT an atheist so get your facts straight before you go name calling.

Can I ask you a question? Doesn't matter if I can or not, I'm still going to. Why is an 18 year old spending so much time in a grown-up discussion forum? I feel like you have been severely handicapped by what you have been taught, it seems to have taken the joy out of you. BE YOUNG!! Stop worrying about this stuff and continue on with your life like you have many years ahead of you, because the truth of the matter is that you DO have many years ahead of you. How do I know? I know it in my heart. Jesus will NOT be returning anytime soon or even anytime in the distant future......we have many, many more years left and the sooner you can drop this "end times doomsday" stuff the better off you will be. I think you might need a sedative.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Any day now? I thought you believed it was may 21st.. Which is it? May 21 st or any day now?
You are a liar for three reasons.

1, I never claimed May 21st AT ALL. Ever. That is why I said this in the California forum when someone similar accused me of that.

Quote:
Absolutely not. I don't believe in setting dates. I never have. I made that clear in my Rapture 2011 post. He says we cannot know the day nor the hour. But he never said we couldn't know the season! And personally, I think the season is this year. I don't know for sure. I'm not 100% but that's what I think. I've been reading visions and dreams that many people have been reporting on the rapture and I've concluded many of them to add up to this year. And then other simple prophetic timelines I never thought about as posted in my Rapture 2011 post. So I don't know. Just be ready!!
2. Read my Rapture 2011 post for further evidence I don't believe in date setting.

And 3, I meant what I said the first time. He is coming any day now. We don't know when but it be any moment. It is your job to be ready.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or