U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-13-2011, 12:58 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,703,421 times
Reputation: 639

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
You are a liar for three reasons.
I am not a liar, I stated that "I thought" you said that. Thank you for the correction.



Quote:


2. Read my Rapture 2011 post for further evidence I don't believe in date setting.

How is believing his return in the year 2011 not setting a date?


Quote:

And 3, I meant what I said the first time. He is coming any day now. We don't know when but it be any moment. It is your job to be ready.

You mean any day in 2011?

 
Old 01-13-2011, 12:59 PM
 
6,267 posts, read 9,576,112 times
Reputation: 7556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Allen, my dear, you've really got to calm down. Snuffy63 is allowed to post anywhere on this forum or on C-D, wherever he likes and personally I don't think he posts enough. And Snuffy is NOT an atheist so get your facts straight before you go name calling.

Can I ask you a question? Doesn't matter if I can or not, I'm still going to. Why is an 18 year old spending so much time in a grown-up discussion forum? I feel like you have been severely handicapped by what you have been taught, it seems to have taken the joy out of you. BE YOUNG!! Stop worrying about this stuff and continue on with your life like you have many years ahead of you, because the truth of the matter is that you DO have many years ahead of you. How do I know? I know it in my heart. Jesus will NOT be returning anytime soon or even anytime in the distant future......we have many, many more years left and the sooner you can drop this "end times doomsday" stuff the better off you will be. I think you might need a sedative.
OMG Ilene don't do this to yourself!! I was reading a prophecy or a vision of sorts about these letters that these two people claim that Jesus is using them to address the rest of the world for. Mainly Christians. They have more than 30 of these long letters. And in them Jesus is always talking about Christians who think his return is delayed!! He says this in every single letter!! Do not be deceived!! He IS coming Ilene!! Do you see the times we live in? Look at all of these disasters! Birth pains!! You cannot turn your eyes away or when he returns, you'll get left behind!! Don't do this! Don't be like the lukewarm church who are not watching!! It will be a terrible day!!

An Urgent Message From The LORD JESUS: “I AM Coming!” (PART I)

And to address your other accusations, I did not know Snuffy was a Christian but that doesn't matter. They called me out first and attacked me without looking at why I was responding to the others like I was! That is instigation!!
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:05 PM
 
6,267 posts, read 9,576,112 times
Reputation: 7556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I am not a liar, I stated that "I thought" you said that. Thank you for the correction.
Sure.

Quote:
How is believing his return in the year 2011 not setting a date?
Because I'm not saying the lord's return is May 21st, 2011. And I am not saying it is definitely 2011 either! I said I THINK that this year is the year. It's not setting a date or setting anyone up. It's mere speculation on my part and I'm just informing everyone else, hey, this is what I think, not what I know! But I know his return is near! I know that for 100%!!

Quote:
You mean any day in 2011?
No I mean any day now as in Jesus Christ could return any day now.
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:14 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,703,421 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
But I know his return is near! I know that for 100%!!

Since you are saying you are 100% certain which leave no room for doubt, define "near".
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:14 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,783,269 times
Reputation: 58199
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
OMG Ilene don't do this to yourself!! I was reading a prophecy or a vision of sorts about these letters that these two people claim that Jesus is using them to address the rest of the world for. Mainly Christians. They have more than 30 of these long letters. And in them Jesus is always talking about Christians who think his return is delayed!! He says this in every single letter!! Do not be deceived!! He IS coming Ilene!! Do you see the times we live in? Look at all of these disasters! Birth pains!! You cannot turn your eyes away or when he returns, you'll get left behind!! Don't do this! Don't be like the lukewarm church who are not watching!! It will be a terrible day!!

An Urgent Message From The LORD JESUS: I AM Coming! (PART I)

And to address your other accusations, I did not know Snuffy was a Christian but that doesn't matter. They called me out first and attacked me without looking at why I was responding to the others like I was! That is instigation!!
Don't do what to myself? Not come apart at the seams like you seem to be doing? I see the times that we live in, and I'm here to tell you that it's not even close to being over. Wow, you and Betsey really have a lot in common with the exclamation points and "urgency" in all of your posts. Is that you Betsey?

Look, you may believe that the Lord is returning "soon" but as sure as you are of that I am even more sure that it's not going to happen. So, chill out, take a chill pill, hang out with some friends and stop preaching all this doom and gloom because we've got a long way to go. Yes, the world is in chaos and there's bad things that are happening but honestly you must have studied history in high school......bad things happen and will continue to happen. When America the great becomes America the "not so great", that's when you have cause for concern.

And to what avail is all this doom and gloom? You really think you're going to scare people into coming to Christ? It doesn't work, it just turns them off. It's better to talk about the love of Christ (which I'm not seeing in your posts, AT ALL) than to spout off about how everyone is doomed if they're not looking for your version of things to happen. Once again, CHILL.
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:19 PM
 
Location: New York City
5,556 posts, read 6,740,134 times
Reputation: 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Lies!! Radio, telephone, television, newspaper!!



That doesn't mean ANYTHING to me!!!



We KNOW something has always been wrong with the world! Sin!!



Born in '92! Get a clue!



The internet has been around for more than 2 decades now. Matter fact, TV has been around for more than 4!! . Always reporting WORLDWIDE NEWS. So what is this claim that we have better access to news? When pearl harbor happened, all we had was radio to know!! When WWI happened, we had telegrams and a translator to know that we were going to be attacked! When the Vietnam War happened, live footage straight from Vietnam was shot and shown to American audiences. So what wider access do we have?!! There is still radio and television news to confirm reports from across the world!! They show these things on the news because they are in fact happening! Not because we have better access to news sources.



You really think they would TELL you if the world was coming to an end?!! HAHA!!



You got that right.



Ain't gonna be no City-Data in 20 years. I highly doubt there will be internet either. Jesus is coming back any day now. I know that for a fact. After that, game over and light's out. I don't know why people are still planning for their future 5-20-30 years from now. There will be none of that. The world as you know it is coming to an end. We have reached the end of the ages. As soon as Jesus returns, it's done. There will be a new kind of Earth and time will still exist but the things we thought were important now will be considered in vain in that time. Me? I'm still planning on going to college and experiencing life. But as for long term plans? I have none because there will be none! People really think they have forever but they don't. It takes one good look at the state of the world to know we don't have years and decades left to enjoy. Jesus is returning and that will be the wrap for this sinful world.
I've been told! :ma d:
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:33 PM
 
1,492 posts, read 2,232,535 times
Reputation: 251
to get back on track here,notice that the animal deaths are ALL outside.something *outside is causing it.no pet shop or shelter or other such place is calling in to say they lost 50 hamsters ,20 kittens,30 dogs or ALL of the fish in their indoor tanks.
God can affect things inside or out..but the smoking gun...is outside.look for it there.
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:39 PM
 
6,267 posts, read 9,576,112 times
Reputation: 7556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Don't do what to myself? Not come apart at the seams like you seem to be doing? I see the times that we live in, and I'm here to tell you that it's not even close to being over. Wow, you and Betsey really have a lot in common with the exclamation points and "urgency" in all of your posts. Is that you Betsey?

Look, you may believe that the Lord is returning "soon" but as sure as you are of that I am even more sure that it's not going to happen. So, chill out, take a chill pill, hang out with some friends and stop preaching all this doom and gloom because we've got a long way to go. Yes, the world is in chaos and there's bad things that are happening but honestly you must have studied history in high school......bad things happen and will continue to happen. When America the great becomes America the "not so great", that's when you have cause for concern.

And to what avail is all this doom and gloom? You really think you're going to scare people into coming to Christ? It doesn't work, it just turns them off. It's better to talk about the love of Christ (which I'm not seeing in your posts, AT ALL) than to spout off about how everyone is doomed if they're not looking for your version of things to happen. Once again, CHILL.
This is my final word on this. I am personally shocked and agape at reading your response Ilene. I was angry but not in the angry filled with fury kind of way that you think. I was angry because NO ONE - not even people that claim to worship Jesus Christ - thinks hes coming soon. All of you think his return is delayed and some of you think he's never coming. That is the most deluded thing I've ever heard in my life! Jesus tells us to watch out for his return!! None of you want to even address Israel is here TODAY as a nation REFORMED just like the bible says. That set off the clock!! And now we're experiencing everything the Jesus said would happen before his return and I can't believe you would sit there and ignore it like it never happened. I can't believe that as a Christian you would sit there and tell me that he isn't coming soon. I can't believe you would say to me that I am involving myself in "grown peoples" discussion. What I am an idiot that's been posting here for the last two years as a freaking puppet? Honestly, I came here at first to defend Christians against these claims the Atheist were saying about us. I came to defend us. But then as time went on, I realized that not all of us are on the same page working towards seeing Christ. Not all of us are on the narrow road to Heaven. Matter fact, excuse me, that was pretentious of me. Everyone is a sinner. But it is our job as followers of Christ to make every effort to enter through the narrow road. He promised us that he would take us from this Earth before God's wrath is poured out. He told us to watch for his return. And you have the audacity as a Christian to actually say he's not. Your worldly Ilene. That is precisely what you are. Because no bible-believing Christian would ever say those words. If you don't change your ways and repent, your going to get left behind. Do you hear what I'm saying to you? You WILL be left behind if you refuse to repent and watch. You think that because the world says Christians are fear-mongerers and bible thumpers that somehow means that you should stop spreading the true gospel because your worried about what they think and what they say? That is sad and there's nothing but misery for those that actually mock the word of God and think he's delaying his return. He's not. The signs are all around you Ilene. If you choose to ignore them, your going to fall at your own peril. I'm sure the people of Noah's day said the exact same thing as many unbelievers are now.

Matter fact, this what the bible says

2 Peter 3:3
First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation." But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.


Deny his word at your own peril.
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:53 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,783,269 times
Reputation: 58199
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is my final word on this. I am personally shocked and agape at reading your response Ilene. I was angry but not in the angry filled with fury kind of way that you think. I was angry because NO ONE - not even people that claim to worship Jesus Christ - thinks hes coming soon. All of you think his return is delayed and some of you think he's never coming. That is the most deluded thing I've ever heard in my life! Jesus tells us to watch out for his return!! None of you want to even address Israel is here TODAY as a nation REFORMED just like the bible says. That set off the clock!! And now we're experiencing everything the Jesus said would happen before his return and I can't believe you would sit there and ignore it like it never happened. I can't believe that as a Christian you would sit there and tell me that he isn't coming soon. I can't believe you would say to me that I am involving myself in "grown peoples" discussion. What I am an idiot that's been posting here for the last two years as a freaking puppet? Honestly, I came here at first to defend Christians against these claims the Atheist were saying about us. I came to defend us. But then as time went on, I realized that not all of us are on the same page working towards seeing Christ. Not all of us are on the narrow road to Heaven. Matter fact, excuse me, that was pretentious of me. Everyone is a sinner. But it is our job as followers of Christ to make every effort to enter through the narrow road. He promised us that he would take us from this Earth before God's wrath is poured out. He told us to watch for his return. And you have the audacity as a Christian to actually say he's not. Your worldly Ilene. That is precisely what you are. Because no bible-believing Christian would ever say those words. If you don't change your ways and repent, your going to get left behind. Do you hear what I'm saying to you? You WILL be left behind if you refuse to repent and watch. You think that because the world says Christians are fear-mongerers and bible thumpers that somehow means that you should stop spreading the true gospel because your worried about what they think and what they say? That is sad and there's nothing but misery for those that actually mock the word of God and think he's delaying his return. He's not. The signs are all around you Ilene. If you choose to ignore them, your going to fall at your own peril. I'm sure the people of Noah's day said the exact same thing as many unbelievers are now.

Matter fact, this what the bible says

2 Peter 3:3
First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation." But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.
You know what, I feel sorry for you Allen, at such a young age and can't get past what has been drilled into your head. You say I'm "worldly" because I don't buy into the fear-mongering like you do, but I'll have you know not too long ago I did just that. You may remember me as DayoftheLord.....I was one of the biggest fear mongerers on this forum.

Oh how the Lord has opened my eyes and heart to the truth that yes, there will be an "end-times" but it's not THE END......there is much more to come. Once you realize God's pure purpose for mankind, then the rest is just stuff that has to happen in order to get to the good stuff. I don't pretend to understand why there has to be an "end" and why it has to be so horrible but I do know in my heart of hearts that it's not now. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is much more to come Allen, in THIS life. Good or bad, it's coming.

So please try to understand where I'm coming from. I've had visions, I've had dreams spelling out the worst gloom and doom imaginable and I'm telling you that God has now shown me that we're not even close to the end. There's so much more to be done in THIS life, don't waste your young life on what-ifs. Go be about God's business, and leave the old people to their forum.
 
Old 01-13-2011, 02:05 PM
 
1,492 posts, read 2,232,535 times
Reputation: 251
IA;my son is the same age as Allen and I'd be very worried if he were so concerned about all these things.he's in college and so if it's not the end yet,then I certainly want him to concentrate on being happy and his studies and school and the future and such...looking back,this will not be a time he can get back or do over gain.he *should have (good,clean) fun while he's young.I wish the same for Allen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top