U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:08 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,681,725 times
Reputation: 639

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is my final word on this.

Could you define "near" before you go?

Anyway, what gets lost in all the predictions, the vague references to time frames so as to obfuscate the prediction (which is the same as a lie BTW) and the ignorance that the theology used is the same theology as used by those who have been making predictions and failing for centuries is this.

Jesus told us what he did about his return, not because there is a day that we all have to warn people about, but because at any time he can come in your heart.

He is near because he is already there and our job is to share with people that very thing so to help them become aware. The time is now, because it can be now and no one has to wait and wonder.

He tells us to be watchful, why? So we do not miss his presence in others that do not match our PERSONAL experiences.

Religion has us waiting for a fabled boogy man to come upon all the unbelievers, when in reality, what we should be doing is awakening the unbelievers to what is already there.

Can anyone know when an unbeliever will awaken? No, can we see signs? absolutely, I see signs of unbelievers heading towards belief right in this forum and have witnessed it's occurance because I was keeping watch.

 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:18 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,746,380 times
Reputation: 58197
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
IA;my son is the same age as Allen and I'd be very worried if he were so concerned about all these things.he's in college and so if it's not the end yet,then I certainly want him to concentrate on being happy and his studies and school and the future and such...looking back,this will not be a time he can get back or do over gain.he *should have (good,clean) fun while he's young.I wish the same for Allen.
My point exactly.
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:23 PM
 
6,229 posts, read 9,513,066 times
Reputation: 7519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
You know what, I feel sorry for you Allen, at such a young age and can't get past what has been drilled into your head. You say I'm "worldly" because I don't buy into the fear-mongering like you do, but I'll have you know not too long ago I did just that. You may remember me as DayoftheLord.....I was one of the biggest fear mongerers on this forum.

Oh how the Lord has opened my eyes and heart to the truth that yes, there will be an "end-times" but it's not THE END......there is much more to come. Once you realize God's pure purpose for mankind, then the rest is just stuff that has to happen in order to get to the good stuff. I don't pretend to understand why there has to be an "end" and why it has to be so horrible but I do know in my heart of hearts that it's not now. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is much more to come Allen, in THIS life. Good or bad, it's coming.

So please try to understand where I'm coming from. I've had visions, I've had dreams spelling out the worst gloom and doom imaginable and I'm telling you that God has now shown me that we're not even close to the end. There's so much more to be done in THIS life, don't waste your young life on what-ifs. Go be about God's business, and leave the old people to their forum.
OMG Ilene. I'm about ready to cry for you. You've fallen into the worst trap ever known. I cannot believe all this. I hope you do not get left behind because someone who was as on fire for the Lord as you were, that's just terrible. I cannot believe even after the Lord supplied you with dreams and visions you still think he delays his return. I'm choking out little bits of laughter right now but I feel like crying for you on the inside because you are the one who is to feel sorry for. I've read so many visions of people getting left behind Ilene. Many many Christians who thought he wasn't returning found out one terrible moment in time that he did. A terrible revelation. These Christians did not know what to do with themselves. Ilene I do not know why you would risk this but that is your choice. It is your pride that is getting in the way of your faith. You refuse to let God be God. Everything I think will be explained when we get to Heaven. You will understand why some things are the way they are such as eternal torment. But it is not your place to question him right now on the testing grounds which is Earth. This is our test. We must have full faith in him.

Beyond this forum, you know nothing of my life and I have nothing to prove to you about how fun and enjoyable it is. I'm just lucky to be alive and well. Yes, there are things I want to do and I anticipate them but I am going to be on a constant watch me my grandmother and aunt are one of the few people telling my family the same thing. We know what's coming. Jesus IS for his return. If I don't get to do them, who cares?! Not me! This Earth PALES in comparison to what is in Heaven! I haven't been handicapped into believing in anything because my mother actually shares your same views Ilene. I keep warning her as well but she doesn't care. She says the exact same thing. Besides the fact that I am living life. I just put God first!! Lucky for returning. But hey, what can else can you say when folk ignore it? It's not like we stand together before God on judgement day. We all stand alone. I wasn't brainwashed and I sure wasn't indoctrinated into believing anything. I have heard Jesus is coming practically forever. And I never didn't believe it though mind you. I just thought it was going to be some years in the future as well. Until last year when everything started going crazy with the weather. That's what made me wake up. I barely went to church last year and my entire life for that matter. So you can't accuse me of being indoctrinated anything. I have simply listened, read the bible, seen the times, and I KNOW that what he said was true. It does not take a rocket scientist to study this and learn. It requires an open heart, brain power with an ounce of common sense to recognize.
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:33 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,170 posts, read 19,964,744 times
Reputation: 2106
Fearful signs from heaven scgraham ?, that came out your own heart, and tells me you have no peace in this world we live in but fear of what you think is about to happen upon us.
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:45 PM
 
16,301 posts, read 24,232,954 times
Reputation: 8261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post


Whut? You mean that Allen is only 12 years old????
I think in his teens based on comments about thinking about college, etc.

Last edited by Asheville Native; 01-13-2011 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: edited because the quote function ain't working too well
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:49 PM
 
6,229 posts, read 9,513,066 times
Reputation: 7519
[quote=Asheville Native;17396920]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post

I think in his teens based on comments about thinking about college, etc.
Post #100, page 10. No need to jump into matters already solved.
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:51 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,567,956 times
Reputation: 1579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Could you define "near" before you go?

Anyway, what gets lost in all the predictions, the vague references to time frames so as to obfuscate the prediction (which is the same as a lie BTW) and the ignorance that the theology used is the same theology as used by those who have been making predictions and failing for centuries is this.

Jesus told us what he did about his return, not because there is a day that we all have to warn people about, but because at any time he can come in your heart.

He is near because he is already there and our job is to share with people that very thing so to help them become aware. The time is now, because it can be now and no one has to wait and wonder.

He tells us to be watchful, why? So we do not miss his presence in others that do not match our PERSONAL experiences.

Religion has us waiting for a fabled boogy man to come upon all the unbelievers, when in reality, what we should be doing is awakening the unbelievers to what is already there.

Can anyone know when an unbeliever will awaken? No, can we see signs? absolutely, I see signs of unbelievers heading towards belief right in this forum and have witnessed it's occurance because I was keeping watch.
Marvelous observation!
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:52 PM
 
16,301 posts, read 24,232,954 times
Reputation: 8261
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I don't know why people are still planning for their future 5-20-30 years from now.
You are 18, perhaps you better start. Education, a career you would enjoy, planning for retirement, taking care of your health, as you easily have 50 - 60+ years ahead of you.

You're going to look back at your lack of planning as you exist with a minimal job, no saving, no hope of retiring, just the drudgery brought on by lack of foresight.

Your call
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:57 PM
 
16,301 posts, read 24,232,954 times
Reputation: 8261
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Post #100, page 10. No need to jump into matters already solved.
Well, ya see, I do things in a logical rational manner, including reading posts, and that means that I read and responded to Post #84 on page 9, about 16 posts before the "resolution" to problem.
 
Old 01-13-2011, 02:04 PM
 
16,301 posts, read 24,232,954 times
Reputation: 8261
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
You are a liar for three reasons.
That's harsh, perhaps you should phrase such things, as "no you are mistaken", as I really really doubt it was a deliberate lie, and that ensures that your accusation emphasizes your lack of maturity.

And your opening shot by calling someone a liar discredits everything else you might have to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top