U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-13-2011, 02:12 PM
 
6,229 posts, read 9,510,885 times
Reputation: 7519

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You are 18, perhaps you better start. Education, a career you would enjoy, planning for retirement, taking care of your health, as you easily have 50 - 60+ years ahead of you.
Oh I'm planning for higher education. Otherwise I would not have mentioned college. My health is fine. There isn't 50 or 60 years left!! At least not in the way you think.

Quote:
You're going to look back at your lack of planning as you exist with a minimal job, no saving, no hope of retiring, just the drudgery brought on by lack of foresight.

Your call
I don't think ANYONE of generation Y has any hope of retiring. Have you seen the economy? Have you seen how much money we owe other nations? Retirement anything is not going to happen until WWIII breaks out.

Last edited by allenk893; 01-13-2011 at 02:29 PM..

 
Old 01-13-2011, 02:29 PM
 
2,930 posts, read 2,249,503 times
Reputation: 464
allen893 i pray you can settle down a little bit. even if armmeggadon does happen some supposedly will physically survive; perhaps you'll be one of them who'll survive and help to re-populate the world...so learn all you can.
 
Old 01-13-2011, 02:41 PM
 
6,229 posts, read 9,510,885 times
Reputation: 7519
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
allen893 i pray you can settle down a little bit. even if armmeggadon does happen some supposedly will physically survive; perhaps you'll be one of them who'll survive and help to re-populate the world...so learn all you can.
Ain't gonna be no Armageddon! That's the point! When Jesus returns, he's taking us!! What part of that don't you people understand?!

1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.




In other news, ANOTHER FLOOD!!!!!

Floods force a million Sri Lankans from homes

1 million affected by Sri Lanka floods

Oh and Mount Etna erupted if you didn't know!

Fire in the hole: Italy's Mount Etna roars back to life

STILL THINK JESUS DELAYS HIS RETURN PEOPLE?!!

Last edited by allenk893; 01-13-2011 at 02:49 PM..
 
Old 01-13-2011, 02:44 PM
 
2,930 posts, read 2,249,503 times
Reputation: 464
if he's taking us then why should we concern ourselves with plagues of the earth?
 
Old 01-13-2011, 02:47 PM
 
6,229 posts, read 9,510,885 times
Reputation: 7519
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
if he's taking us then why should we concern ourselves with plagues of the earth?
Because other Christians and unbelievers who are living in sin or living worldy lives need to wake up and see what's going on to repent for their sins because his return is near!!! Many people are under some type of delusion that these world catastrophes are normal and it's quite clear that they are not!! These are the birth pains Jesus was talking about that would happen before his return! Alot of people who aren't watching and unrepentant and unbelieving will get left behind!! That is why I stress this!
 
Old 01-13-2011, 02:52 PM
 
2,930 posts, read 2,249,503 times
Reputation: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Because other Christians and unbelievers who are living in sin or living worldy lives need to wake up and see what's going on to repent for their sins because his return is near!!! Many people are under some type of delusion that these world catastrophes are normal and it's quite clear that they are not!! These are the birth pains Jesus was talking about that would happen before his return! That is why I stress this!
what kind of sinnings are you seeing the large majority of the sinners committing? are you seeing people lying alot or stealing? what? please tell me.
 
Old 01-13-2011, 03:00 PM
 
Location: New York City
5,556 posts, read 6,710,060 times
Reputation: 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Oh and Mount Etna erupted if you didn't know!

Fire in the hole: Italy's Mount Etna roars back to life
Mt. Etna (Europe's MOST active volcano) erupted??? I predicted it's eruption about 3 years ago and it has not let me down. It will erupt AGAIN within the next 10-15 years. Just another ho-hum decade for that hot head.
 
Old 01-13-2011, 03:01 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,746,380 times
Reputation: 58197
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
OMG Ilene. I'm about ready to cry for you. You've fallen into the worst trap ever known. I cannot believe all this. I hope you do not get left behind because someone who was as on fire for the Lord as you were, that's just terrible. I cannot believe even after the Lord supplied you with dreams and visions you still think he delays his return. I'm choking out little bits of laughter right now but I feel like crying for you on the inside because you are the one who is to feel sorry for. I've read so many visions of people getting left behind Ilene. Many many Christians who thought he wasn't returning found out one terrible moment in time that he did. A terrible revelation. These Christians did not know what to do with themselves. Ilene I do not know why you would risk this but that is your choice. It is your pride that is getting in the way of your faith. You refuse to let God be God. Everything I think will be explained when we get to Heaven. You will understand why some things are the way they are such as eternal torment. But it is not your place to question him right now on the testing grounds which is Earth. This is our test. We must have full faith in him.

Beyond this forum, you know nothing of my life and I have nothing to prove to you about how fun and enjoyable it is. I'm just lucky to be alive and well. Yes, there are things I want to do and I anticipate them but I am going to be on a constant watch me my grandmother and aunt are one of the few people telling my family the same thing. We know what's coming. Jesus IS for his return. If I don't get to do them, who cares?! Not me! This Earth PALES in comparison to what is in Heaven! I haven't been handicapped into believing in anything because my mother actually shares your same views Ilene. I keep warning her as well but she doesn't care. She says the exact same thing. Besides the fact that I am living life. I just put God first!! Lucky for returning. But hey, what can else can you say when folk ignore it? It's not like we stand together before God on judgement day. We all stand alone. I wasn't brainwashed and I sure wasn't indoctrinated into believing anything. I have heard Jesus is coming practically forever. And I never didn't believe it though mind you. I just thought it was going to be some years in the future as well. Until last year when everything started going crazy with the weather. That's what made me wake up. I barely went to church last year and my entire life for that matter. So you can't accuse me of being indoctrinated anything. I have simply listened, read the bible, seen the times, and I KNOW that what he said was true. It does not take a rocket scientist to study this and learn. It requires an open heart, brain power with an ounce of common sense to recognize.
Don't cry for me Argentina, I'm about as happy as a clam. Happy and satisfied in the knowledge that all of my "visions" and "dreams" were misinterpreted thanks to my fear and that I now have the truth. I really don't know what else to say to you dear Allen, you're just a child and I feel like I'm having a conversation with my son.

Yes, the weather is crazy but it's not any crazier than in times past. Yes, there is more terrorism and wars than in times past but it's just more of the same. When I see America come crashing down that's when I'll be really concerned and maybe start preaching doom and gloom again like you're doing but until that time it's all good, no need to worry your pretty little young head. Trust me Allen, we're all ok. Jesus will not be returning this year or any other year in the near future. So, plan YOUR future.
 
Old 01-13-2011, 03:21 PM
 
Location: New York City
5,556 posts, read 6,710,060 times
Reputation: 1351
The ironic thing here is, I was Allen (both in state of mind and age) 20+ years ago. I was as paranoid as he was thinking Jesus was coming back any day. I think the Gulf War was going on and further back I was believng the Soviet Union was going to invade Israel at any time and that because nations were joining the European Union, the anit-Christ was near. Let's see, the Soviet Union crashed, the Gulf War ended and the anti-christ is still in people's imagination only and the world is still here.

I'm amused at his paranoia only because I was ONCE there. Of course, he thinks I don't know what I am talking about nor anyone else who has any words of advice for him.
 
Old 01-13-2011, 03:32 PM
 
1,492 posts, read 2,222,060 times
Reputation: 250
yes and just living thru the 70's was a major pita..nixon,watergate,gas crisis,busing,inflation...my nerves were shot,even as a kid...i tried to protect my own kids from the worldy problems,bc I knew how much it could affect them.
of course you can't keep them in a bubble,but i don't want them to worry too much,either,it's not healthy.we're still here....we're not starving...we have enough fuel....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top