U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 03:20 AM

5,733 posts, read 4,580,552 times

Advertisements

P.S. Allen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Brother, you see it in the wrong light. "fear" in this passage is not referring to being AFRAID. Remember there is NO FEAR in love. GOD IS LOVE. Perfect love casts out ALL FEAR. Really, really think on this. PONDER it!

Fear = reverence. Profound, deep respect.

When pondering the ways of God, our Creator... always err on the side of LOVE and COMPASSION.

Having a deep respect for our Creator, having reverence for Him is the BEGINNING of wisdom, because when we finally START to fathom the ways of His infinite LOVE, only THEN.. ONLY THEN... can we start to truly, truly have DEEP PROFOUND RESPECT for Him. When we start to understand His magnificenct LOVE for us, His TRUE POWER. (Allen, LOVE is the MOST powerful thing in this universe. GOD IS LOVE. That's not just a feel-good statement. That is the most magnificent and holy thing you could possibly think upon. Don't tread on it. Don't stumble over it, but sit down and really think about what it means.)

Having profound and deep respect for God is the BEGINNING of wisdom.
When you start to understand His TRUE character, and not the false one that is held up and waved around for all to see by the bulk of christiainity, when you start to understand His unfathomable LOVE for all of us (Love casts out ALL FEAR) then.... wisdom.... begins.

PERFECT LOVE CASTS OUT ALL FEAR.
Think about what PERFECT love looks like...

There is NO FEAR in love.
GOD IS LOVE.

1 Corinthians 13.

This world is upside down and backwards.
And we don't YET understand the SUPREME POWER of Love.
Most people think power is in anger, fear and hatred. Destruction and desolation. Muscle and Might.
When the exact OPPOSITE is what is true.
It is love, (read 1 Corinthians 13 again and again)it is LOVE that is the only TRUE POWER.

GOD IS LOVE.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:23 AM

6,229 posts, read 9,510,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
P.S. Allen...

Brother, you see it in the wrong light. "fear" in this passage is not referring to being AFRAID. Remember there is NO FEAR in love. GOD IS LOVE. Perfect love casts out ALL FEAR. Really, really think on this. PONDER it!

Fear = reverence. Profound, deep respect.
[/b]
Appreciate the advice and support Sparrow! But uh, I don't quite agree with your fear = respect theory. I think the fear of God means exactly what it means. A literal fear. It could mean respect but at the same time it means a true fear. Otherwise he would never tell us to fear and tremble.

Psalm 2:11
Serve the LORD with fear and rejoice with trembling.

Philippians 2:12
Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

2 Corinthians 7:15
And his affection for you is all the greater when he remembers that you were all obedient, receiving him with fear and trembling.

I think sometimes we try to look into scripture what is not there and come up with all kinds of theories about something that is actually quite simple to understand.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
He sees normal events on this planet, weather events, geological events, wildlife die off, all perfectly normal, all occurring on a routine basis, and reacts in an irrational hysterical manner.

He is evidently obsessed with some loon's dooms day site he found, and it has completely blocked his ability to view anything in a rational manner. He has become an end of times hypochondriac.
Call me whatever you want but he's a true prophet. He's been prophecizing for many years and all of his prophecies have came true. We are told to test the self proclaimed prophets to see if their prophecies come true and his always has.
I'm not even going to argue with you because evidence speaks for itself. He always goes to that country and tells them what is to come. And then some time later on, it happens. I'm not even going to mention to his healing powers and the miracles he has worked! He's always preaching repentance and the rapture and how close Jesus' return is. That is another reason I know he is a true prophet. Watch for his prophecies. They will be coming to pass shortly.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:50 AM

5,733 posts, read 4,580,552 times
Quote:
Appreciate the advice and support Sparrow! But uh, I don't quite agree with your fear = respect theory. I think the fear of God means exactly what it means. A literal fear. It could mean respect but at the same time it means a true fear. Otherwise he would never tell us to fear and tremble.

Psalm 2:11
Serve the LORD with fear and rejoice with trembling.

Philippians 2:12
Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

2 Corinthians 7:15
And his affection for you is all the greater when he remembers that you were all obedient, receiving him with fear and trembling.

I think sometimes we try to look into scripture what is not there and come up with all kinds of theories about something that is actually quite simple to understand.

Rejoice with trembling...

Just ponder it, allen.

What I'm saying might not make sense to you right now, but maybe one day it will. Just file it away somewhere in your mind and maybe bring it out and look at it again someday. A big part of learning is to open up your mind to the possiblity of seeing something in a new way. That's how we all grow. To not immediately reject or accept a new idea, but to ponder it, hold it in your hand, turn it around and look at it. File it away for future contemplation. If you do that, you can't go wrong.

Perfect love casts out all fear.
Why do you think that is?

1 John 4:18 Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not (yet) fully experienced his perfect love.

Well, bro... If you skipped over certain things, you wouldn't learn the things you need to learn.
That's true for each and everyone of us. I know that the things on my path, I had to go through them and if I hadn't... I'd never see certain things the way I have come to see them. We've all got to walk through certain things.
It isn't right for me to force my perspective on you, so I'll leave ya alone.
Your view of "fear" is from a certain vantage point.
But maybe one day... you'll see it from a bit of a different perspective.
He is in control. And we're all on our own path, He knows the number of hairs on our heads.
God bless you on your journey.

No need to respond, really.
Just file it away for future consideration, that's all.

peace to you,
sparrow

Last edited by .sparrow.; 01-14-2011 at 06:59 AM..

Old 01-14-2011, 07:34 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,681,725 times
Quote:
They will be coming to pass shortly.
What is your explanation for poople saying this very same thing even more that 40 years ago.

You have yet to explain exactly how you are not predicting Jesus return.

In my perspective, if someone tells me they are going to do something soon, certainly they have implied some reasonable time frame in which it will happen.

But even then there is a perception that can be different between my expectations and the one who said shortly. Whatever that difference may be, I think I am reasonable that if in a couple of days I question the person who said shortly as to why nothing was done.

So what is your perception of shortly, you said you knew this as 100% fact, so I do not believe it is unreasonable for you to explain what frame of time you are so confident in.

If you can't then your claim is meaningless and you appear to be a fraud in what you have knowedge of in this area.

Or when it comes to setting dates, do you think your not setting one if you do not actually say it out loud?

Old 01-14-2011, 07:45 AM

16,301 posts, read 24,228,573 times
Quote:
Call me whatever you want but he's a true prophet. He's been prophecizing for many years and all of his prophecies have came true. We are told to test the self proclaimed prophets to see if their prophecies come true and his always has.
I'm not even going to argue with you because evidence speaks for itself. He always goes to that country and tells them what is to come. And then some time later on, it happens. I'm not even going to mention to his healing powers and the miracles he has worked! He's always preaching repentance and the rapture and how close Jesus' return is. That is another reason I know he is a true prophet. Watch for his prophecies. They will be coming to pass shortly.
He? Who is the 'he' with such a track record, I'd really like to Google more facts for myself.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
He? Who is the 'he' with such a track record, I'd really like to Google more facts for myself.
Oh please do. All the facts you need are right here at his official website.

Repent & Holiness

You can tell this man is a true man of God when his #1 message is on repentance that he even named his website Repentance & Holiness.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:00 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,710,060 times
Quote:
You can tell this man is a true man of God when his #1 message is on repentance that he even named his website Repentance & Holiness.
We can??? We really can??? Can you really???

Old 01-14-2011, 10:29 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,746,380 times
Quote:
Oh please do. All the facts you need are right here at his official website.

Repent & Holiness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYBAh...ist=QL&index=1

Old 01-14-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
What is your explanation for poople saying this very same thing even more that 40 years ago.
Normally, I would have corrected you by saying even if Jesus did not come 40 years ago, he commanded us to live like he is. That is the reason. Otherwise we would be worldy. But since what your referring is completely irrelevent to what I posted, I must address that as well. When I said, they will be coming to pass shortly, I mean exactly what I said. All of Dr. Ouwor's prophecies have happened in a span of a few weeks or months. Give or take. That is what I was talking about in that post. I was not talking about the return of Jesus.

Quote:
You have yet to explain exactly how you are not predicting Jesus return.

In my perspective, if someone tells me they are going to do something soon, certainly they have implied some reasonable time frame in which it will happen.
You seem to think that I am somehow in the mind of God. I am not. All I know is what he tells us. And so far, what he has told us in the Bible is coming true before our eyes. Only someone blind couldn't see that. All these disasters are birth pains before he comes. When Israel became a nation, that is the main event that set off the prophetic time clock that would tick until Jesus returns. Ever since that moment, you know the time is near. His time is different than our time!! For the Lord says

2 Peter 3:8
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Pretty much self explainatory to me!!

Quote:
But even then there is a perception that can be different between my expectations and the one who said shortly. Whatever that difference may be, I think I am reasonable that if in a couple of days I question the person who said shortly as to why nothing was done.
Here's what the Lord has to say about that.

Matthew 24:43
But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into.

Quote:
So what is your perception of shortly, you said you knew this as 100% fact, so I do not believe it is unreasonable for you to explain what frame of time you are so confident in.
I am confident 100% because I take faith in the Lord that he keeps his promise.

Isaiah 30:18
Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!

Matthew 24:42
Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.

Matthew 24:44
So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

I will never forget and will never stop. He says to be ready at all time. Period. End of story.

Quote:
If you can't then your claim is meaningless and you appear to be a fraud in what you have knowedge of in this area.
I don't care what you call me. The only one will be a fraud is you on that day of the Lord for not watching. For the Lord says

Matthew 25:10
But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut. Later the others also came. 'Sir! Sir!' they said. 'Open the door for us!' "But he replied, 'I tell you the truth, I don't know you.'

So you calling me is a fraud, is really calling Jesus a fraud because I'm simply repeating what he said. He said to be ready no matter what. And I know his return is near. If any Christian really wanted to know, all they have to do is turn on the news and look at the disasters effecting the world right now just 14 days into the new year. Look at last year and all that happened. Historic earthquakes, floods, fires, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis. The Lord says

Mark 13:8
Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains.

Luke 21:11
There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.

Deuteronomy 32:22 (Volcano)
For a fire has been kindled by my wrath, one that burns to the realm of death below. It will devour the earth and its harvests and set afire the foundations of the mountains.

Psalm 93:3 (Tsunami)
The seas have lifted up, O LORD, the seas have lifted up their voice; the seas have lifted up their pounding waves.

Quote:
Or when it comes to setting dates, do you think your not setting one if you do not actually say it out loud?
I have never set a date not in my mind, my soul, or my heart. Because I know what the Lord says. I have simply said we can know the season. And I wasn't wrong. Hence

Mark 13:28
Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that it is near, right at the door. I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or