U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-07-2011, 05:52 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,387,196 times
Reputation: 437

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
we posted at the same time.
I like when that happens.





(I've got to bring that verse to my mind a little more often, myself, I think )

 
Old 01-07-2011, 05:54 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,764,479 times
Reputation: 58198
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
No Ilene. It was actually a bit more graphic than that. I simply omitted and edited my post because I didn't want it to be too gruesome and offesive towards unbelievers. But since you claim it's from Left Behind...Not only did this man see people trying to stab themselves with knives, pencils, and needles, he saw people pulling out their eye sockets and bashing their heads into concrete and falling off of buildings and cliffs and trying to drown themselves in water but water never drowning them. He saw the people that tried to bash their heads in concrete, heads cut open and bodies disfigured, bloodied from impact. He saw bones bare and open from cuts in the flesh. I think I remember he said he saw body organs too. I never watched Left Behind but I did read the series and none of that stuff was in it!! I was really trying to be nice Ilene.
What I'm saying is this person took a scene (where the preacher was left behind) from the Left Behind movie and turned it into a nightmare.....that's all it was. Good grief, get a grip. It was just a dream.
 
Old 01-07-2011, 05:58 PM
 
6,234 posts, read 9,541,252 times
Reputation: 7532
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Allen...

Just a thought..


Phillipians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is fair, whatever is pure, whatever is acceptable, whatever is commendable, if there is anything of excellence and if there is anything praiseworthy-keep thinking about these things.

What you are thinking of and allowing yourself to dwell on and spread around is NOT of God your Father who created you. But of the horribly dark imaginations of man.

Think about it.
The more henious the descriptions, the more horror, the more FEAR.

Perfect love casts out all fear.
Don't spread fear, spread love.
Because God IS love.
NOT FEAR.
MANKIND is the one who spreads FEAR in the NAME of God. And it is WRONG.
First of all, I'm not thinking about anything because I didn't have those visions or write them!! They are someone else's experiences that they claimed God showed them. Now God says

Joel 2:28
And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.

AGAIN

Acts 2:17
In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

Were living in the last days if you didn't know!! Now you do!!

Visions can be ANYTHING!! If your really attemping to put God in your little box, it's not going to work. There's millions of Christians all over the world that have been having dreams and visions of all kinds of things. Whether they be good or bad. If you can't say that they are dark imaginations of man when all those things are going to happen!! Remeber the bowl judgements and horse judgements of revelations?!! Real life prophecies that will come to pass!! Not of the devil but of divine judgements of God! Thank you!
 
Old 01-07-2011, 06:00 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,582,100 times
Reputation: 1584
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Well, I do believe a lot of this weirdness has to do with the "gods", as you say. There are verses which talk about the "gods" calling fire down from heaven (bombs, missiles), doing miracles, making others worship them, and so on, so who knows. I believe the Bible is talking about men who have mastered the universe.

Revelation 11:18. The nations were angry; and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your saints and those who reverence your name, both small and great--and for destroying those who destroy the earth."

I think God is an environmentalist.
I agree with you, Herefornow. Just because we believe that the world will eventually end and even if we believe Armageddon will be a literal battle, we're still not called to go about fear-mongering. If our lamps are filled with oil, should we not be shining lights in a dark sky? The thing that is so tiring is those who try to use the perilous times as a means to control people, to try to force them to "make a good confession" or some such. It is evil to use fear to try to control people - always has been - always will be. What if I only wanted to please my husband because I was terrified of him beating me over the head or worse. I sure would not consider that a love relationship. Same deal with
God. Oh yeah, and doesn't the New Testament way that SATAN goes about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour? I reckon that's his job, devouring flesh and blood.
 
Old 01-07-2011, 06:01 PM
 
6,234 posts, read 9,541,252 times
Reputation: 7532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
What I'm saying is this person took a scene (where the preacher was left behind) from the Left Behind movie and turned it into a nightmare.....that's all it was. Good grief, get a grip. It was just a dream.
NOT!!! God says otherwise!!

Acts 2:17
In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.
 
Old 01-07-2011, 06:09 PM
 
5,743 posts, read 4,595,638 times
Reputation: 4164
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
First of all, I'm not thinking about anything because I didn't have those visions or write them!! They are someone else's experiences that they claimed God showed them.
And you need to have discernment.

You are repeating and spreading fear.
 
Old 01-07-2011, 06:12 PM
 
6,234 posts, read 9,541,252 times
Reputation: 7532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I agree with you, Herefornow. Just because we believe that the world will eventually end and even if we believe Armageddon will be a literal battle, we're still not called to go about fear-mongering.
Fear-mongering?! Moderator cut: baiting You think Noah was fear-mongering when he was warning the people of the coming flood?! No! He was doing what he was suppose to! Warning them to repent!! Moderator cut: attacking

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-07-2011 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: attack the idea, not the person
 
Old 01-07-2011, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,387,196 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I agree with you, Herefornow. Just because we believe that the world will eventually end and even if we believe Armageddon will be a literal battle, we're still not called to go about fear-mongering. If our lamps are filled with oil, should we not be shining lights in a dark sky? The thing that is so tiring is those who try to use the perilous times as a means to control people, to try to force them to "make a good confession" or some such. It is evil to use fear to try to control people - always has been - always will be. What if I only wanted to please my husband because I was terrified of him beating me over the head or worse. I sure would not consider that a love relationship. Same deal with
God. Oh yeah, and doesn't the New Testament way that SATAN goes about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour? I reckon that's his job, devouring flesh and blood.
Yes. The question we should be asking ourselves is are we shining more light or spreading more confusion and darkness? Are we showing love and peace or showing anxiety, anger, and an "I told you so" attitude?

Judging is not our place. It never has been.

If an "earthquake" shakes this world up we should be like the disciples in their jail cells who feared nothing, kept on singing, and calmed the jailers and other prisoners down.
 
Old 01-07-2011, 06:17 PM
 
Location: Maine
15,143 posts, read 19,789,533 times
Reputation: 17345
Call me skeptical, but if there are going to be signs of the end of the world, I doubt it'll start in Arkansas.
 
Old 01-07-2011, 06:19 PM
 
6,234 posts, read 9,541,252 times
Reputation: 7532
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
And you need to have discernment.

You are repeating and spreading fear.
I'm not spreading fear. I wasn't even going to type out the rest of the vision. But since Ilene thinks that this man and HUNDREDS of other Christians reportedly get their visions/dreams from "Left Behind" I had to show you guys that hey, I didn't see this in the books. And hey, God says many people would have visions and dreams in the last days. What? You didn't expect it to really happen? You really think all those terrifying dreams and visions are "of the devil"? No God clearly says otherwise. It's just blind people dismissing the truth as usual because they want a candyman God and a sugar-coated truth. That's what you want. You want to hear about all the good things God has in store without hearing about how to get them and what the consequences are for disobeying him. I don't know where you people get off twisting the word of God to fit your agendas but that surely is not of God!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top