U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 06:22 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,401,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Fear-mongering?! You sound just like the Atheist do!! You think Noah was fear-mongering when he was warning the people of the coming flood?! No! He was doing what he was suppose to! Warning them to repent!! But because your a worldly Christian, you have subscribed to what people have to say about you. You care to be looked upon as a "tolerant" Christian. Not watching for his return AT ALL completely ignoring the fact he told us to. Well, one day, your going to answer to God about how you didn't warn people about hell first and foremost and then the rapture. Your not saving anyone! Your actually killing them! At least if whatever happens, you can say to yourself and God that you warned people about hell and that you warned them about the coming tribulations. But if you didn't and have been spreading this lie and false prosperity gospel and other newcomers to the faith have actually listened to you and ended up in Hell or left behind, that's their blood on you.
Allen, Noah warned people for a few years, or what he probably did was tell them what he was doing when they asked why he was building a ship. He did not go around telling them in explicit detail how they were going to be smashed to bits with their eyeballs falling out of their sockets and whatever.

The problem we have here is we've had false prophets rave on for so many hundreds of years that nobody cares anymore. The only ones who eat this end-time stuff up are the last people who should be eating it up.

By the way, allen, people who believe in the Restoration of All Things absolutely don't believe in a prosperity gospel. That would be the realm of the mega churches. We believe in sowing and reaping, which isn't at all pleasant, but we also believe love will conquer everything at the End of All Things.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:26 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,599,252 times
We have seen all this before really.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:27 PM

6,268 posts, read 9,593,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Call me skeptical, but if there are going to be signs of the end of the world, I doubt it'll start in Arkansas.
It can start anywhere. For God says

Mark 13:8
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in diverse places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.

So the beginnings of sorrows can start literally anywhere in the world. The biggest sign that we will receive soon enough is the economic collaspe of the U.S. Which according to John W. Johnston of his end-times prophecy website says will be the will be the death of Fidel Castro. All given word by the Lord in a dream. As we all know, Fidel Castro is in ailing health and ever closer to death at a very old age. So the best thing is to watch and wait and see if his prophecies come to pass which is how we decipher if he is a true prophet.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:37 PM

6,268 posts, read 9,593,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Allen, Noah warned people for a few years, or what he probably did was tell them what he was doing when they asked why he was building a ship. He did not go around telling them in explicit detail how they were going to be smashed to bits with their eyeballs falling out of their sockets and whatever.

The problem we have here is we've had false prophets rave on for so many hundreds of years that nobody cares anymore. The only ones who eat this end-time stuff up are the last people who should be eating it up.

By the way, allen, people who believe in the Restoration of All Things absolutely don't believe in a prosperity gospel. That would be the realm of the mega churches. We believe in sowing and reaping, which isn't at all pleasant, but we also believe love will conquer everything at the End of All Things.
I don't understand you. I don't understand your beliefs. Yes we've had many false prophets over several generations but so what?! The Lord himself COMMANDED us to watch for his return! How can call yourself a follower of the Lord Yeshua and sit there and say you don't care anymore?! Haven't you heard that Israel became a nation in 1948?! That is one of the main prophetic events that sets off everything. Have you seen the times we live in?! Do you live in the same world I do?! Because so far, everything that God has said will happen in the last days have BEEN happening and ARE happening!! Are you really telling me that your not watching for the Lord's return because of false prophets and their messages ?! Who cares about what they say! God says if their prophecies don't come to pass, they are false and we move on and keep watching! What about what the Lord commanded you to do?!

Matthew 24:42
Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.

The Lord certainly didn't instruct us to keep watch for his return if we were going to go through the tribulation otherwise he wouldn't have given us the exact time to the day he was coming!

Joel 2:31
The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

Two seperate distinct events.

We are suppose to keep watch no matter what of the day of the return of our Lord. I don't know how you can call yourself a Christian if you are not watching. You are of this world and not of God's. The scriptures scream out the message. You are blind if you do not understand that.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
We have seen all this before really.

Pretty much. Only, this time, nobody knows how to take care of themselves and all of our systems are tied together; it's like living in a big womb where we are all feeding off of the umbilical cord. But, having said that, every time there is a major shift in government or whatever, people think the world is coming to an end. I guess it is, in a way. Their world is coming to an end. Not the world.

(my husband drives a truck and when major storms hit some of the smaller towns get a little anxious. The trucks can't get through and the shelves empty out in hours. The end of the world scenario (for many) might play out a little easier than it could have in days past)

I still believe none of this has anything to do with the supernatural. It's just the "gods" who rule this planet are running everything into the ground. It's bound to catch up with us.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:43 PM

5,766 posts, read 4,622,503 times
Quote:
I'm not spreading fear. I wasn't even going to type out the rest of the vision. But since Ilene thinks that this man and HUNDREDS of other Christians reportedly get their visions/dreams from "Left Behind" I had to show you guys that hey, I didn't see this in the books. And hey, God says many people would have visions and dreams in the last days. What? You didn't expect it to really happen? You really think all those terrifying dreams and visions are "of the devil"? No God clearly says otherwise. It's just blind people dismissing the truth as usual because they want a candyman God and a sugar-coated truth. That's what you want. You want to hear about all the good things God has in store without hearing about how to get them and what the consequences are for disobeying him. I don't know where you people get off twisting the word of God to fit your agendas but that surely is not of God!

Brother, In our past conversations and direct messages, I know you're a good fella. I know you have a certain view of God. But I don't share that particular view. Maybe if you just slowed down a bit... you would hear that people are not saying what you think they are saying.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
I don't understand you. I don't understand your beliefs. Yes we've had many false prophets over several generations but so what?! The Lord himself COMMANDED us to watch for his return! How can call yourself a follower of the Lord Yeshua and sit there and say you don't care anymore?! Haven't you heard that Israel became a nation in 1948?! That is one of the main prophetic events that sets off everything. Have you seen the times we live in?! Do you live in the same world I do?! Because so far, everything that God has said will happen in the last days have BEEN happening and ARE happening!! Are you really telling me that your not watching for the Lord's return because of false prophets and their messages ?! Who cares about what they say! God says if their prophecies don't come to pass, they are false and we move on and keep watching! What about what the Lord commanded you to do?!

Matthew 24:42
Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.

The Lord certainly didn't instruct us to keep watch for his return if we were going to go through the tribulation otherwise he wouldn't have given us the exact time to the day he was coming!

Joel 2:31
The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

Two seperate distinct events.

We are suppose to keep watch no matter what of the day of the return of our Lord. I don't know how you can call yourself a Christian if you are not watching. You are of this world and not of God's. The scriptures scream out the message. You are blind if you do not understand that.
The scriptures are not screaming, allen.

The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by." Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake.

After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.

What was that whisper?

Old 01-07-2011, 06:45 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,520,826 times
Maybe it was little brown beings in UFO's attacking the birds and fish as a means of blackmailing our countries? Maybe if we don't give in to their demands our pets will be next?

Old 01-07-2011, 06:47 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,749,956 times
Quote:
Fear-mongering?! You think Noah was fear-mongering when he was warning the people of the coming flood?! No! He was doing what he was suppose to! Warning them to repent!!
Um...read the story again. Noah NEVER warned anyone. You might be referring to the TV version of the events.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:49 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,749,956 times
Quote:
First of all, I'm not thinking about anything because I didn't have those visions or write them!! They are someone else's experiences that they claimed God showed them. Now God says

Joel 2:28
And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.

AGAIN

Acts 2:17
In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

Were living in the last days if you didn't know!! Now you do!!

Visions can be ANYTHING!! If your really attemping to put God in your little box, it's not going to work. There's millions of Christians all over the world that have been having dreams and visions of all kinds of things. Whether they be good or bad. If you can't say that they are dark imaginations of man when all those things are going to happen!! Remeber the bowl judgements and horse judgements of revelations?!! Real life prophecies that will come to pass!! Not of the devil but of divine judgements of God! Thank you!
You ever saw my thread on this topic? Peter believed (according to the writer of Acts) that HIS generation was the generation Joel was speaking about. Where does that put YOUR generation? Clearly Peter was not thinking about you figuring the buck stopped with his generation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or