Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 01:21 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
I take it you can't find one?
where does it say anything about dinosaurs in the bible,but if its not there then that means its not true eh,...i dont take the bible that seriously,the only thing i realy take from it is an acount of Jesus life that is there!and how accurate is it,and theres also more about Jesus that isnt it there,including 17 years completely missing,the roman emporer constantine was the one who decided which books made it in or not,and who knows what influence King James of england had on it.even the gospils were edited through time,ever hear of the secret gospils,accounts that were completley taking out of the bible,and complete gospils missing,including one from Judas,who was said to be even closer to jesus than the others,and im sure their is many more things that artent there,as i said the biblke is limited in knowledge of god,for their is an unlimited amount of knowledge on God,you may have complete faith in you book,i dont.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Your still avoiding the question or is it that it can't be answered?
he already amsered it''reap what you sow''or in other words karma.

evryone gets what they deserve,its fair,alot fairer than eternal torment anyway.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So the fear of eternal hell is why you try(and as much as you try you never will be)to be a good person ?. And your answer confirms to me you would do all those things if you could get away from escaping eternal hell.
the fear of eternal hell is why he turned to christianoty in the first place,a fear based philosophy that has been used for centurys to gather the masses,,,i wonder ho many people turn to God in this way rather out of love,i personnaly think its hard to love a God who's gonna torture people,easy to fear him though,thank God that it just aint true,lets give Him some credit.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:33 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Mike, are you to believe that Christ died only for your sins?
Are you saved because you believe that Christ died only for your own sins?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Jesus died for the sins of the entire world. He died for everyones sins. Sin is not the issue in salvation. The only issue is faith in Christ. You are saved because you trust in Jesus to save you. You are saved because you want to have a personal relationship with Christ.

A person is saved when they make a personal decision to believe in Christ who died for the sins of the entire world. In paying the penalty for the sins of the entire world, He removed sin as an issue in salvation. And therefore, the issue is simply will you believe in Christ or will you not? If you place your faith in Christ then you are eternally saved. If you reject Christ as Savior then you remain under the condemnation with which you came into the world (John 3:36).

Eusebius, I've gone over this enough. If you still don't understand the issue, it is because you don't want to. Refer back to my prior posts. Better yet, avail yourself of the doctrinal resources that I provided on the following thread. http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...-i-can-do.html
Mike, what does 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 say?
Now I am making known to you, brethren, the evangel which I bring to you, which also you accepted, in which also you stand, through which also you are saved, if you are retaining what I said in bringing the evangel to you, outside and except you believe feignedly." For I give over to you among the first what also I accepted, that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that He was entombed, and that He has been roused the third day according to the scriptures,
(1Co 15:1-4)

Mike, notice it says nothing about "being saved by wanting to have a personal relationship with Jesus as you suggest.

Notice also it says nothing about "believing in Jesus who died for the sins of the whole world."

Rather it says we are saved due to believing Christ died for our sins.

It is quite possible you are not even saved. Maybe that is why we are having such a hard time talking to you concerning the scriptures? It is possible you know all sorts of theological mumbo jumbo but really never started off correctly by believing Christ died for our sins.

So Mike, I will ask you one more time. Just a yes or no will suffice.

Do you believe one is saved if they believe Christ died for our sins? ______

Do you believe you are saved because you believed Christ died only for your sins? _______

Old 01-09-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Not at all what I am getting at is if there is not an Eternal Hell then why worry about being a good person and getting saved when your going to get saved anyway no matter what you do.
you should be a good person for the sake of being good,not for rewards or anything else,thats called sincerity

Old 01-09-2011, 01:45 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
the fear of eternal hell is why he turned to christianoty in the first place,a fear based philosophy that has been used for centurys to gather the masses,,,i wonder ho many people turn to God in this way rather out of love,i personnaly think its hard to love a God who's gonna torture people,easy to fear him though,thank God that it just aint true,lets give Him some credit.
I agree dobeable.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:59 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Not at all what I am getting at is if there is not an Eternal Hell then why worry about being a good person and getting saved when your going to get saved anyway no matter what you do.

What you've just said is a neon sign pointing to what is wrong with your current perspective.

Further, what you are describing is the "good works" that will be as dirty rags. The "good works" without sincerity, without love. But just out of a selfish hope for gain.

An atheist who puts their own needs aside and selflessly helps others out of a sincere compassion will be able to see and understand the kingdom of God far quicker and easier than a christian who helps others out of a hope of getting "rewards" in heaven.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:01 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
of course you wont answer it,because you know it dosent make sense,but hey im only putting to reason exactly what you were sayin.

the heart is where the soul lies,its where god exists also,you know that little verse''the kingdom of god is inside you''???
I didn't answer it because only a lunitic would even consider killing his kids because he is afraid that they might not make the right decision.

Again. You can either believes what the Bible tells you about having to place your faith in Christ for salvation, or you can reject it. If you don't believe the Bible about that, then you have no basis for believing the Bible about anything.

It seems that you would rather rely on your feelings than on the absolute standard of the word of God.

The kingdom of God is not inside you. That is a mistranslation of the verse. There is a spiritual sense in which the believer is in the kingdom of God, but that's completely different than saying the kingdom is within you. The physical kingdom will begin when Christ returns to the earth.

What Jesus actualy told the Pharisees in Luke 17:20-21 was that the kingdom is among you. He was referring to the fact that He as the king, was in their presence.

Last edited by Michael Way; 01-09-2011 at 02:17 PM..

Old 01-09-2011, 02:13 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I didn't answer it because only a lunitic would even consider killing his kids because he is afraid that they might not make the right decision.

A lunatic?
Perhaps the lunacy is just the idea of God eternally torturing people, Mike.

So many dead ends within the belief of eternal torture.
That when people get backed into a corner, and they know there is nowhere to go, the ideas just keep getting more and more irrational.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:16 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
The aioninon UR debate never ends.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity