U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 02:51 AM

20,292 posts, read 15,638,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
All you have come up with is Nicodemus was given a choice, which is not true, and Judas knew Jesus , if anyone is playing with words and being petty i would say it's you. I will say again on the authority of the scripture that telling someone they have a choice or decision to make is a lie.

Anyone who knows the gospels, knows that any character spoken of in them who met Jesus face to face were never ever given a choice or decision by Jesus to make.

Whether it was Bartimaeus,Zacchaeus, the man at the pool of Bethesda, the woman at the well, the woman caught in adultery, the woman who washed his feet with her tears and dried them with her hair, the paralytic lowered through the roof,the demon possessed man,the dead girl, the woman who bled for 12 years, the Syrophoenician Woman,the deaf and mute man,the boy with the evil spirit,the man with leprosy,the crippled woman healed on the sabbath and any other character Jesus met in the gospel accounts were not presented with a choice or decision to be made before they received anything from God.

You continually ignore the fact that ONLY God opens our eyes to see, do you even understand the simplicity of that Mike ?.In otherwords Mike, unless God opens our eyes we remain blind. The moment He does it's "Lord i believe".

You cannot choose to be born again, just like you and i could never choose to be born naturally. The natural types the spiritual

You ignore that God has concluded us all in unbelief , that he might have mercy on all

So the conclusion is you have not proved that when ever Jesus met anyone on a one one to one basis he gave them a choice or decision to make, and to say my post is petty is just a cop out, because you simply cannot prove otherwise.
Readers may refer back to posts #163, 167, 171, and 174, in which I addressed this issue.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Part 1: God did not wait around for each person to commit a personal sin before condemning him. He imputed Adam's original sin to the sin nature and condemned each person at the moment of physical birth. - mike555

Part 2: God did not wait around for each person to obey God before justifying him. He imputed Jesus' righteousness to the new nature and justified each person at the moment of physical birth. (see Romans 5)

Praise God for the Gift of His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ!!

Blessings,
brian
No one is justifed at physical birth. Everyone is born spiritually dead and under judgment. Readers please refer to post #182.

This is Post 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No, that passage does not say that all mankind is going to be made righteous. See below.

Do you not understand what the above passage is saying? ''WE ALSO BELIEVE IN CHRIST JESUS THAT WE MAY BE JUSTIFIED.'' Because of the work of Jesus Christ on the cross, anyone who believes in Him is justified.

Again, you do not understand the matter. Simply put, it is because of what Christ did on the cross, that when a person believes in Christ, he appropriates what Christ did on the cross. NO one is justified apart from a personal decision to believe in Christ. Christ's work on the cross was for the purpose of making justification possible. Justification is not applyed to anyone until they believe in Christ for salvation. Justification and therefore, salvation is contengent upon making a non-meritorious decision to place your faith in Christ.

Read and comprehend what the following passages say.

Acts 13:38 ''Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through Him forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, 39] and through Him EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES IS MADE RIGHTEOUS (Justified). Now refer to this passage in this interlinear Bible.Acts 13:39 Biblos Interlinear Bible

Romans 4:4 'Now to the one who works, his wage is not reckoned as a favor, but as what is due. 5] But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness. Here it is in the Greek. Romans 4:5 Biblos Interlinear Bible The ungodly are justified at the point that they believe in Christ.

Gal 3:6 'Even so Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness. Galatians 3:6 Biblos Interlinear Bible

Because of what Jesus accomplished on the cross with reference to redemption, unlimited atonement, expiation, and propitiation, anyone who places his faith in Christ for salvation receives the imputation of God the Father's perfect righteousness and is declared justified. Additionally, the church-age believer is placed into union with Jesus Christ and therefore shares the righteousness of Christ.

Again, as the scriptures make abundantly clear, salvation is conditional on personal faith in Christ.

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.

Salvation is a free gift which is received through faith in Christ.

Last edited by Mike555; 01-11-2011 at 03:32 AM..

Old 01-11-2011, 04:39 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,107,975 times
Quote:
No one is justifed at physical birth. Everyone is born spiritually dead and under judgment. Readers please refer to post #182.

This is Post 87
To the contrary. Everyone has been justified by the very person who you claim to be your Savior. And in fact, He is not only your Savior, but mine too, as well as anyone else who happens to be of the Adamic race.
All mankind was put into Adam in order to have mercy upon all through One, Jesus Christ our Lord.
We are saved by grace, not by works.

Salvation is different from justification. All mankind has been justified and given Life. Some are also being saved in this life, to declare the wonderful works of God.

Blessings,
brian

Old 01-11-2011, 05:34 AM

30,141 posts, read 19,964,744 times
Quote:
Readers may refer back to posts #163, 167, 171, and 174, in which I addressed this issue.
Mike rather than giving some long winded post quoting your own posts with numbers like your posts are scripture, just name one scripture, this is all i ask, where Jesus said to any individual face to face you have a choice to make.

This is all the reader would like to see you do.It's also quite strange that not a single ET believer as come up with any scripture to prove otherwise.

So reader i would encourage you to search any character from the gospels to see if they were given a choice or a decision to be made by Jesus.

Yes Jesus told Nicodemus "you must be born again", to think that we could choose to be born spiritually is as absurd as thinking we can be choose to be born naturally, and just an absurd comment that Nicodemus made "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb to be born!”.

Judas was chosen by Jesus and though he was with Jesus did not know God, and never chose Jesus, just like the rest of the discples never, no matter how much Mike we would say otherwise.

Then Jesus replied, "Have I not chosen you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is a devil!".

Infact the scripture tells us it's by revelation we come to know God

Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ,b the Son of the living God.”
Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. Matt 16:16,17

For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. 2 Cor 4:6

Last edited by pcamps; 01-11-2011 at 05:42 AM..

Old 01-11-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Mike rather than giving some long winded post quoting your own posts with numbers like your posts are scripture, just name one scripture, this is all i ask, where Jesus said to any individual face to face you have a choice to make.

This is all the reader would like to see you do.It's also quite strange that not a single ET believer as come up with any scripture to prove otherwise.

So reader i would encourage you to search any character from the gospels to see if they were given a choice or a decision to be made by Jesus.

Yes Jesus told Nicodemus "you must be born again", to think that we could choose to be born spiritually is as absurd as thinking we can be choose to be born naturally, and just an absurd comment that Nicodemus made "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb to be born!”.

Judas was chosen by Jesus and though he was with Jesus did not know God, and never chose Jesus, just like the rest of the discples never, no matter how much Mike we would say otherwise.

Then Jesus replied, "Have I not chosen you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is a devil!".

Infact the scripture tells us it's by revelation we come to know God

Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ,b the Son of the living God.”
Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. Matt 16:16,17

For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. 2 Cor 4:6

Old 01-11-2011, 06:44 AM

Quote:

In otherwords Mike you do not have one single scripture do you ?. How difficult would it be just to quote one scripture that proves me wrong ?.

Writing a long winded post telling me how wrong i am without scripture isn't going to cut it. I have addressed the attempts of your Nicodemus and Judas comments in my last post.

This answer of yours is another cop out, because you no very well no one is going to sift through those long winded posts to find a scripture that proves me wrong.

Choosing and making a decision for Jesus is a lie from the pit, and a lie that contradicts scripture and leaves the believer confused and doubtful in regards to his relationship with the Father, because of what is belief is based on........his own choosing.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:50 AM

58,463 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Quote:
You have answered the question. I don't know how anyone can deny it.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You have answered the question. I don't know how anyone can deny it.
That Nicodemus chose to be born again ? that Judas was a believer who chose Jesus, don't make me laugh Finn.

How about coming up with a scripture yourself that tells us Jesus gave a choice or a decision to make to those he spoke to face to face ?.

YOU DID NOT CHOOSE ME,BUT I CHOSE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! John 15:16

Old 01-11-2011, 08:44 AM

11,822 posts, read 9,810,005 times
Quote:
That Nicodemus chose to be born again ? that Judas was a believer who chose Jesus, don't make me laugh Finn.

How about coming up with a scripture yourself that tells us Jesus gave a choice or a decision to make to those he spoke to face to face ?.

YOU DID NOT CHOOSE ME,BUT I CHOSE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! John 15:16
You should concern yourself with your own comprehension abilities first.

1 Corinthians 1:21
For since in the wisdom of God ... God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

• "whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life" John 5:24
  • "the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day." John 12:48
the Lord’s will is:....to save those who believe
You want to argue who's the liar ... ok, bring it http://http.cdnlayer.com/cf/images/smilies/onion/comeon.gif (broken link)

Old 01-11-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
You should concern yourself with your own comprehension abilities first.

1 Corinthians 1:21
For since in the wisdom of God ... God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

• "whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life" John 5:24
  • "the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day." John 12:48
the Lord’s will is:....to save those who believe
You want to argue who's the liar ... ok, bring it
How can a man hear or see unless God enables him too ? , you and i are blind as the next man,it takes a revelation from God by him opening our eyes.

No man come to Jesus unless the Father draws them.

How can a man choose to be born ?

How can God not have mercy on all when his word declares he will ?

He is good to his word.

Have you found a scripture yet, where Jesus told an individual face to face that he had to make a choice ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity