U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-12-2011, 08:53 PM
 
20,351 posts, read 15,730,497 times
Reputation: 7492

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I acknowledge this, but this does not confirm any warfare going on in any of these 3 heavens in reference to the Ephesians 6 verse you are quoting.

The only warfare the believer needs toknow and fight is the one going on in his mind.
The information I gave concerning Satan at the bottom of the post does confirm the spiritual warfare that is going on.

However, refer to Revelation 12:7 'And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. And the dragon and his angels waged war. 8] and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven. 9] And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. 10] And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying....'

You can read the rest of it.



I've been providing the link to my thread so that those who want the information can have it. Study the material if you wish.

The Angelic Conflict; the Spiritual Warfare

The believer wins his victory in the angelic conflict by advancing to the high ground of spiritual maturity through the intake, metabolization and application of Bible doctrine to the circumstances of his life.

 
Old 01-12-2011, 09:00 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,320,013 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
This isn't a debate. I have shown quite clearly from Scripture, and in short order, that contrary to your belief, no one is justified apart from faith in Christ. You can continue to reject that fact if you will. You have that right. Readers can refer to post #333 in which this is made clear.

If you want to debate, do it with someone else.
I used the word discuss, not debate. So let's first agree on that. OK?

When the bible links faith to justification, it is with reference to Christ's faith, not man's faith. It is the faith of Jesus that is being spoken of. Here are the scriptures to support what I just said:

(Rom 3:26) for the shewing forth of His righteousness in the present time, for His being just, and justifying who is of the faith of Jesus.

(Gal 2:16) having known also that a man is not justified by works of law, if not through the faith of Jesus Christ, also we in Christ Jesus did believe, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by works of law, wherefore justified by works of law shall be no flesh.'

Now, show me your texts of man's faith wherein God justifies man because of his faith. Remember, we are discussing "justification" (δικαιουντα), not "imputed to righteousness" (λογιζεται εις δικαιοσυνην). There is a clear biblical distinction between these two Greek terms, of which we will discover later.
 
Old 01-12-2011, 09:26 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,299,787 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I think before discussing hell or convenants or anything else, we need to clarify exactly what Love is!! What's the use of talking about something like "hell" that we haven't seen, if we can't even agree on what Love is, which we can know and feel here and now??

Blessings,
brian
Love is all you need
 
Old 01-12-2011, 09:36 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,299,787 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post

etc....................Some of us believe that it is you who has no leg to stand on, and that history itself dismantles the fraud you perpetrate as being the "true gospel".


Man...you don't get it...in a nutshell...Adam...made from what? Dust? Yeah...dust...what is dust?..What do the scriptures say? It is where the beast, the animal, the "sojourners"...died mortal deaths.....it is where Adam was cursed to be destined....it is where the whole Jewish people were to await...punished...to return to the earth, as beasts, Gentiles, sojourners....for his sin...it is the world...the land...the earth...the people outside of what God was about to ordain...to make Adam...representative for Him...to present Him...God...Adam failed...God knew...the plan was this...give humankind, one precious most awesome example of God's intricate and biologically miraculous events that has given our beautiful planet life! God knew...if man was going to have a chance at eternal life with Him...He had to die. To prove to man, we cannot do what He can do...what He is...He is God.

Adam was Akkadian. Freshen up....or fade away soon enough.
Your presentation of the Gospel has no chance against our society.
Those who believe are the ones who have this, and no one else....those who are called Jews....in Adam...the Akkadian....in Christ...the Christian.

Last edited by sciotamicks; 01-12-2011 at 09:47 PM..
 
Old 01-12-2011, 09:38 PM
 
20,351 posts, read 15,730,497 times
Reputation: 7492
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
I used the word discuss, not debate. So let's first agree on that. OK?

When the bible links faith to justification, it is with reference to Christ's faith, not man's faith. It is the faith of Jesus that is being spoken of. Here are the scriptures to support what I just said:

(Rom 3:26) for the shewing forth of His righteousness in the present time, for His being just, and justifying who is of the faith of Jesus.

(Gal 2:16) having known also that a man is not justified by works of law, if not through the faith of Jesus Christ, also we in Christ Jesus did believe, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by works of law, wherefore justified by works of law shall be no flesh.'

Now, show me your texts of man's faith wherein God justifies man because of his faith. Remember, we are discussing "justification" (δικαιουντα), not "imputed to righteousness" (λογιζεται εις δικαιοσυνην). There is a clear biblical distinction between these two Greek terms, of which we will discover later.
As I recall, you and I had a big long 'discussion' about justification a very long time ago. Must be over a year. It didn't change your mind one bit. I'll not waste my time.

Again, in post #133 I have used scripture that flat out tells you that the imputation of divine righteousness which results in the pronouncement of justification to the believer, occurs through faith. Not before. Justification means to be made righteous. The believer is made righteous by means of receiving the imputation of Christs very own righteousness at the moment of faith in Him and therefore declared justified - made righteous.

As I said on that post, ''On the basis of the righteousness of Christ imputed to the one who believes, God declares the undeserving sinner justified, vindicated, acceptable to Himself. God is free to declare him free from guilt because the believer possesses the righteousness of Christ.''

Now I don't care whether you believe it or not. You have the right to believe whatever you want. But the scripture is on that post for those who want to go look at it. It a very short post. I also provided a link to an overview on justification.

Oh and by the way, faith is non-meritorous. Man takes no credit for believing in Christ. Faith in Christ is simply the means of recieving the gift of salvation. As the Bible says.
 
Old 01-12-2011, 10:17 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,320,013 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
As I recall, you and I had a big long 'discussion' about justification a very long time ago. Must be over a year. It didn't change your mind one bit. I'll not waste my time.

Again, in post #133 I have used scripture that flat out tells you that the imputation of divine righteousness which results in the pronouncement of justification to the believer, occurs through faith. Not before. Justification means to be made righteous. The believer is made righteous by means of receiving the imputation of Christs very own righteousness at the moment of faith in Him and therefore declared justified - made righteous.

As I said on that post, ''On the basis of the righteousness of Christ imputed to the one who believes, God declares the undeserving sinner justified, vindicated, acceptable to Himself. God is free to declare him free from guilt because the believer possesses the righteousness of Christ.''

Now I don't care whether you believe it or not. You have the right to believe whatever you want. But the scripture is on that post for those who want to go look at it. It a very short post. I also provided a link to an overview on justification.

Oh and by the way, faith is non-meritorous. Man takes no credit for believing in Christ. Faith in Christ is simply the means of recieving the gift of salvation. As the Bible says.
Post #133 has no scripture to support your beliefs. And regardless, there is no scripture to support your doctrines anyway...nice try though...

You say faith is non-meritorious but then you use faith in a meritorious way. How clever of you.... Now, if faith is of God (which it is), and through which we receive Christ and His righteousness (which it is), I would agree that man takes no credit therein.

However, if as you say that faith is a "choice" and a "decision" to be made by man, of which without he cannot be regenerated, saved, or imputed with righteousness, then I disagree, his faith becomes most certainly meritorious, regardless of how you want to disguise and wrap it.

The reason scripture gives all credit to Jesus for our gift of salvation is because all of it is of grace. Nothing, including faith or any other act by man, can be attributed to salvation. Otherwise, it is no more of grace.
 
Old 01-12-2011, 10:17 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,216,735 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post


Man...you don't get it...in a nutshell...Adam...made from what? Dust? Yeah...dust...what is dust?..What do the scriptures say? It is where the beast, the animal, the "sojourners"...died mortal deaths.....it is where Adam was cursed to be destined....it is where the whole Jewish people were to await...punished...to return to the earth, as beasts, Gentiles, sojourners....for his sin...it is the world...the land...the earth...the people outside of what God was about to ordain...to make Adam...representative for Him...to present Him...God...Adam failed...God knew...the plan was this...give humankind, one precious most awesome example of God's intricate and biologically miraculous events that has given our beautiful planet life! God knew...if man was going to have a chance at eternal life with Him...He had to die. To prove to man, we cannot do what He can do...what He is...He is God.

Adam was Akkadian. Freshen up....or fade away soon enough.
Your presentation of the Gospel has no chance against our society.
Those who believe are the ones who have this, and no one else....those who are called Jews....in Adam...the Akkadian....in Christ...the Christian.


Your elitist "society" and its elitist doctrines of hate and superiority and everything all that stuff represents makes me queasy sciotamicks.

I believe that it has no bearing on the truth of the gospel, other than as a contrast to what the true gospel actually is.

It is not historically accurate, and it is not scripturally accurate.

Your false doctrine had no proponents in the earliest times of the church because it was never taught by the apostles.

In my opinion, it is a bunch of misanthropic bologna that you feed yourself because it makes you and your cohorts feel special about being "the fabulous you" that you all believe yourselves to be.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 01-12-2011 at 10:50 PM..
 
Old 01-12-2011, 10:21 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,320,013 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post


Man...you don't get it...in a nutshell...Adam...made from what? Dust? Yeah...dust...what is dust?..What do the scriptures say? It is where the beast, the animal, the "sojourners"...died mortal deaths.....it is where Adam was cursed to be destined....it is where the whole Jewish people were to await...punished...to return to the earth, as beasts, Gentiles, sojourners....for his sin...it is the world...the land...the earth...the people outside of what God was about to ordain...to make Adam...representative for Him...to present Him...God...Adam failed...God knew...the plan was this...give humankind, one precious most awesome example of God's intricate and biologically miraculous events that has given our beautiful planet life! God knew...if man was going to have a chance at eternal life with Him...He had to die. To prove to man, we cannot do what He can do...what He is...He is God.

Adam was Akkadian. Freshen up....or fade away soon enough.
Your presentation of the Gospel has no chance against our society.
Those who believe are the ones who have this, and no one else....those who are called Jews....in Adam...the Akkadian....in Christ...the Christian.
You've completely lost your mind....
 
Old 01-12-2011, 10:24 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,390,774 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
You've completely lost your mind....

Oh, thank the good lord. I had no idea what he was talking about.
 
Old 01-12-2011, 10:27 PM
 
37,655 posts, read 25,354,876 times
Reputation: 5865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Your elitist "society" and its elitist doctrines of hate and superiority make me queasy sciotamicks, and everything it represents.

I believe that it has no bearing on the truth of the gospel, other than as a contrast to what the true gospel actually is.

It is not historically accurate, and it is not scripturally accurate.

Your false doctrine had no proponents in the earliest times of the church because it was never taught by the apostles.

In my opinion, it is a bunch of misanthropic Bologna that you feed yourself because it makes you and your cohorts feel special about being fabulous you.
How do you really feel, Iron? There is no reasoning with the"precepts and doctrines of men" that appeal to the worst in us. Chill a bit, Iron . . .Moderator cut: edit

Last edited by june 7th; 01-13-2011 at 10:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top