U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:13 AM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,380,989 times
Reputation: 437

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
LOL...no...my friend..I am fully sane, fully educated, fully grasped my faith in Christ. It may be hard for you to understand, and that is because of your reformed teaching that has been engrained in you.

I have provided several links in the past...now I will provide one simple one, yet there are so much more. If you think you are capable of presenting your faith, to the world that believes in Atheism...that man is an evolved being, as the numerous evidences that outweigh creation ex nihilo, as opposed to eventual evolution...you will fall, you will stumble at the table of debate. You will not only stumble, in time, much shorter than in far times ahead, will your brand of faith, your naive rendition of what the Bible, the holy scriptures aside it, and what the Gospel really teaches, will fade away like a whisper in distant times past. I chose to rethink the Bible, in light of ancient history, not in light of 21st century befuddled in confusion over the ancients with a backward reformative existentialism, and attempt to apply cultural, theological, sociological, and historical evidence that not only confirms every step, LITERALLY, of the holy word, but it cements any attempt at misrepresentation of the the saints who painstakingly let down their lives, along with God Himself, for a people that called upon Him....with all of their heart.

Christianity has no room for UR.
Period.

Come join the debate:

The BioLogos Forum

I challenge you to give the PHD in evolutionary science who believes in Jesus Christ as his Saviour, your rendition of Christianity.

Here's a great link for you, sciotamicks: Martin Zender Dan Sheridan Show

Week 2, show 6. Pompous theologians.

 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:35 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,041,829 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
LOL...no...my friend..I am fully sane, fully educated, fully grasped my faith in Christ. It may be hard for you to understand, and that is because of your reformed teaching that has been engrained in you.

I have provided several links in the past...now I will provide one simple one, yet there are so much more. If you think you are capable of presenting your faith, to the world that believes in Atheism...that man is an evolved being, as the numerous evidences that outweigh creation ex nihilo, as opposed to eventual evolution...you will fall, you will stumble at the table of debate. You will not only stumble, in time, much shorter than in far times ahead, will your brand of faith, your naive rendition of what the Bible, the holy scriptures aside it, and what the Gospel really teaches, will fade away like a whisper in distant times past. I chose to rethink the Bible, in light of ancient history, not in light of 21st century befuddled in confusion over the ancients with a backward reformative existentialism, and attempt to apply cultural, theological, sociological, and historical evidence that not only confirms every step, LITERALLY, of the holy word, but it cements any attempt at misrepresentation of the the saints who painstakingly let down their lives, along with God Himself, for a people that called upon Him....with all of their heart.

Christianity has no room for UR.
Period.


Come join the debate:

The BioLogos Forum

I challenge you to give the PHD in evolutionary science who believes in Jesus Christ as his Saviour, your rendition of Christianity.
Amen....
and secondly......now that challenge is one I would love to witness.....
 
Old 01-13-2011, 02:53 AM
 
1,838 posts, read 1,931,551 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Here's where my thinking goes off the tracks. All are condemned from the moment they are born, but babies who die get a "get of hell free" card because they are not able to comprehend the meaning of salvation, justification, etc. God apparently greatly compromises His moral integrity and sense of justice by agreeing to save a baby, but has no problem sending to hell for eternal torment a Muslim child or Buddhist, or Confusician, or Hindu when they have grown up knowing nothing except the religious beliefs they were taught by their parents from birth, and all this for the simple reason that "all men have the knowledge of God and Jesus encoded into their genes from Noah's sons until now so that all men are without excuse in the eyes of God for not knowing what He expects them to know, which is that the only way to salvation is through Jesus" even when 90% of everyone who has ever lived has never even heard the name, "Jesus". No matter how many times I repeat this to myself the central processing unit chip in my brain just goes up in smoke. Anybody else have a problem with this?

ive adressed this to the Eters many a time,but never got a straight answer from them,,,,maybe because it dosent make sense and they'd actually have to use logic and reason to understand how full of bull this doctrine is
 
Old 01-13-2011, 02:54 AM
 
1,838 posts, read 1,931,551 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Well, how about this one in Noah's day..... when God destroyed the earth with water, did everyone at the time know God ?? Men/women/children/babies......
your point being??????
 
Old 01-13-2011, 03:03 AM
 
1,838 posts, read 1,931,551 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
LOL...no...my friend..I am fully sane, fully educated, fully grasped my faith in Christ. It may be hard for you to understand, and that is because of your reformed teaching that has been engrained in you.

I have provided several links in the past...now I will provide one simple one, yet there are so much more. If you think you are capable of presenting your faith, to the world that believes in Atheism...that man is an evolved being, as the numerous evidences that outweigh creation ex nihilo, as opposed to eventual evolution...you will fall, you will stumble at the table of debate. You will not only stumble, in time, much shorter than in far times ahead, will your brand of faith, your naive rendition of what the Bible, the holy scriptures aside it, and what the Gospel really teaches, will fade away like a whisper in distant times past. I chose to rethink the Bible, in light of ancient history, not in light of 21st century befuddled in confusion over the ancients with a backward reformative existentialism, and attempt to apply cultural, theological, sociological, and historical evidence that not only confirms every step, LITERALLY, of the holy word, but it cements any attempt at misrepresentation of the the saints who painstakingly let down their lives, along with God Himself, for a people that called upon Him....with all of their heart.

Christianity has no room for UR.
Period.

Come join the debate:

The BioLogos Forum

I challenge you to give the PHD in evolutionary science who believes in Jesus Christ as his Saviour, your rendition of Christianity.
,,,are you serious- the bible definitly has no evidencde of evolution in their,,,id like to see you argue to the atheist's about how literal the bible is and see how you get on,after all isnt that where you got your ET information from,taking verses out of context and looking at them literally,when obviusly their were either inner meanings/missinterpretations/misstranslations/butchered facts or complete lies.I'll go with inner meanings,seperation from God is hell.

how did you give your PHD on the whole world flooding thingy.
 
Old 01-13-2011, 03:05 AM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
1,372 posts, read 2,489,633 times
Reputation: 573
I think the Hell thing was more a Catholic thing than a Jesus thing.
 
Old 01-13-2011, 03:08 AM
 
1,838 posts, read 1,931,551 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPwn View Post
I think the Hell thing was more a Catholic thing than a Jesus thing.
yeah i actually think it came into play around the 16th century
 
Old 01-13-2011, 03:15 AM
 
1,838 posts, read 1,931,551 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Well, how about this one in Noah's day..... when God destroyed the earth with water, did everyone at the time know God ?? Men/women/children/babies......
well ho about this one,,,when God supposidly destroyed the earth(all of human kind,excerpt noahs kids)then how come so many cultures outside of Isreal survived,after all their are culture's that are still practiced today that date back before noahs time,think about it all the different races came from Noahs kids,immpossible.
 
Old 01-13-2011, 03:20 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,041,829 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
well ho about this one,,,when God supposidly destroyed the earth(all of human kind,excerpt noahs kids)then how come so many cultures outside of Isreal survived,after all their are culture's that are still practiced today that date back before noahs time,think about it all the different races came from Noahs kids,immpossible.
Scripture please.....
 
Old 01-13-2011, 03:27 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,041,829 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
your point being??????
The point is staring you right in the face....

PS.... don't let Ilene see your spelling,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top