U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-13-2011, 04:44 AM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,436,374 times
Reputation: 989

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable
well ho about this one,,,when God supposidly destroyed the earth(all of human kind,excerpt noahs kids)then how come so many cultures outside of Isreal survived,after all their are culture's that are still practiced today that date back before noahs time,think about it all the different races came from Noahs kids,immpossible.
Jesus said the world-wide flood of Noah occurred.

The writer of Hebrews also believe the world was destroyed in Noah's day.

Peter also wrote that the world was destroyed in Noah's day.

Add me to the above list.

So the proper question to ask would be: Since there really was a world-wide flood in Noah's day in which only 8 souls were saved, do we know for sure that the cultures outside of Israel were kick started again after the flood by Noah's children?

Do we have proof they carried on the cultures of the pre-flood people?

If they did carry on the cultures, why couldn't they?

 
Old 01-13-2011, 04:52 AM
 
1,838 posts, read 1,932,056 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
The point is staring you right in the face....

PS.... don't let Ilene see your spelling,
haha,yeah i already got that lecture off her,no offense Ilene,haha
 
Old 01-13-2011, 04:54 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,043,800 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
haha,yeah i already got that lecture off her,no offense ilene,haha:d
lol...

http://www.iespell.com/ Here you go, down load it and it will come up at the top right side of your quoting widow
 
Old 01-13-2011, 04:59 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,111,163 times
Reputation: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Jesus said the world-wide flood of Noah occurred.

The writer of Hebrews also believe the world was destroyed in Noah's day.

Peter also wrote that the world was destroyed in Noah's day.

Add me to the above list.

So the proper question to ask would be: Since there really was a world-wide flood in Noah's day in which only 8 souls were saved, do we know for sure that the cultures outside of Israel were kick started again after the flood by Noah's children?

Do we have proof they carried on the cultures of the pre-flood people?

If they did carry on the cultures, why couldn't they?
Very interesting questions! I'm curious to see who will answer..!

BTW, 8 souls were saved... Isn't 8 a number of "perfection" in scripture?

Blessings!
Brian
 
Old 01-13-2011, 05:03 AM
 
1,838 posts, read 1,932,056 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Jesus said the world-wide flood of Noah occurred.

The writer of Hebrews also believe the world was destroyed in Noah's day.

Peter also wrote that the world was destroyed in Noah's day.

Add me to the above list.

So the proper question to ask would be: Since there really was a world-wide flood in Noah's day in which only 8 souls were saved, do we know for sure that the cultures outside of Israel were kick started again after the flood by Noah's children?

Do we have proof they carried on the cultures of the pre-flood people?

If they did carry on the cultures, why couldn't they?
i think more of the question would be HOW could they???
i mean think about it,noahs kids would have only been dedicated to the Abrahamic God Yeshua-why and how would they have gone off and started other religious cultures,lets take India for instance,India can recognise 33 million demigods,some dating back as far as 10 000 years,and thats just as far as the history of it and each one worshiping in different ways(thats not including The eternal forms and avatars of Vishnu)why would they have started all those religious cultures,?????

and the other question was to do with Race,how could 8 people of the same race start all the other races in the world,chinese,japanese,african,native american,Indian,eskimos etc etc.???

i think its an honest question,maybe there was a flood yeah,but whether it engulfed the whole world is questionable.thanks for responding with an honest attemp to understand my question,and not something like''because the scripture says so''!!!!
 
Old 01-13-2011, 05:07 AM
 
1,838 posts, read 1,932,056 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Very interesting questions! I'm curious to see who will answer..!

BTW, 8 souls were saved... Isn't 8 a number of "perfection" in scripture?

Blessings!
Brian
Im sorry but i didnt see mich of a question ther,but a big IF???

it would be like me saying,,,,,well IF it was me who created the universe,then why couldnt I''

oh and the first question was-do we have proof?and the answer is No!
 
Old 01-13-2011, 05:12 AM
 
1,838 posts, read 1,932,056 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
The point is staring you right in the face....

PS.... don't let Ilene see your spelling,
i still didnt get your point,god destroyes the world,but did everyone know God????

yes your motto is coming into play here i see,can you not just explain in simple terms what your point is.

P.S thanks for the spell checker thingy,ill down load it later ehen i have time,,,did ya hear that Ilene,im gettin right on it!!!!,,hahaha,but will this ruin me little irishism's i sometimes put into me bleedin yolks,well i try not too 90% of the time.
 
Old 01-13-2011, 05:34 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,043,800 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
i still didnt get your point,god destroyes the world,but did everyone know God????

yes your motto is coming into play here i see,can you not just explain in simple terms what your point is.

P.S thanks for the spell checker thingy,ill down load it later ehen i have time,,,did ya hear that Ilene,im gettin right on it!!!!,,hahaha,but will this ruin me little irishism's i sometimes put into me bleedin yolks,well i try not too 90% of the time.
So that you can reject, criticize it.... not, just pray about it and I am positive God will open your eyes to see, your ear's to hear...... if you are truly seeking
 
Old 01-13-2011, 08:23 AM
 
20,301 posts, read 15,654,940 times
Reputation: 7415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I believe the post number is incorrect.
However,
we are justified by and through the faith and faithfulness of Christ Jesus himself. It is not our faith in Christ, but as "those" who are of the "Faith of Christ."
Now, thatís peace of mind without turmoil, trusting in Jesusí faith and faithfulness, not our own. Anything else only amounts to legalistic bookkeeping; adding or subtracting.
That should have been post #333.

The work of Christ on the cross made it possible for those who believe in Christ to be imputed with His righteousness and therefore be declared righteous -Justified. Justification refers to the fact of being made righteous by means of the imputation of God's very own righteousness to the one who believes in Christ.

All of humanity is physically born already spiritually dead. No one who is spiritually dead is justified. They are polar opposites. In order for any member of the human race to appropriate the work of Jesus Christ on the cross, he must place his faith in Christ for salvation.

Every thing that Christ did on the cross with regard to redemption, unlimited atonement, expiation, propitation, imputation, justification, regeneration, and positional truth result in eternal life only to those who believe in Jesus Christ for salvation. Jesus died for everyone. But until you make a decision to trust Christ for salvation, you remain under condemnation and are NOT justified.

Here again is post #333.

Apart from faith in Jesus Christ, no one is justified before God. It is because of what Christ did on the cross, that the one who believes in Christ is justified.

Imputation credits to the account of the one who believes in Christ, the righteousness of Christ. Justification then declares or pronounces him righteous or justified.

On the basis of the righteousness of Christ imputed to the one who believes, God declares the undeserving sinner justified, vindicated, acceptable to Himself. God is free to declare him free from guilt because the believer possesses the righteousness of Christ.

Romans 4:3 'For what does the Scipture say? And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness.

Romans 4:5 'But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned (credited to his account) as righteousness.

Galatians 2:16 'nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ... Read it in the Greek transliteration and translation in this Greek/English Interlinear Bible. Galatians 2:16 Biblos Interlinear Bible


With regard to Galatians 2:16, whether you want to argue that it is saying faith of Christ, or faith in Christ, it says WE HAVE BELIEVED IN CHRIST JESUS, THAT WE MAY BE JUSTIFIED.

To understand justification or any other doctrine, you must take into account all pertinent scripture. Not just one or two passages taken out of context.


For those interested, here is an overview of the doctrine of Justification. Justification
 
Old 01-13-2011, 08:30 AM
 
Location: East Coast
30,209 posts, read 19,986,915 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I believe the post number is incorrect.
However, we are justified by and through the faith and faithfulness of Christ Jesus himself. It is not our faith in Christ, but as "those" who are of the "Faith of Christ."
Now, thatís peace of mind without turmoil, trusting in Jesusí faith and faithfulness, not our own. Anything else only amounts to legalistic bookkeeping; adding or subtracting.
Excellent post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top