U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 01:23 AM

20,299 posts, read 15,647,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
I knew you'd be back...in short order too... See, God is working on you...lol

Those who believe are imputed with righteousness. This much you've gotten right.

However, what you still have not come to terms with is that the impious ones spoken of in Rom 4:5, the ones not believing, are being declared righteous by Jesus. These impious ones are not yet imputed with righteousness, but are none-the-less, declared righteous.

LOL...this is tougher than I thought. Let me re-phrase Rom 4:5 to make my point:

and to him who is not working, and is believing upon Him who is declaring righteous Adolf Hitler, his faith is reckoned--to righteousness:

Did that help?

IOW, those who believe that Jesus is (present tense) declaring righteous Adolf Hitler, those people who believe this are imputed with the righteousness of Christ. It is hard for the natural mind to grasp this truth. Trust me, I know...

However, that is what Rom 4:5 tells us. This is why I've always maintained that ETer's do not actually believe the Gospel. They do not really believe in Him who is declaring righteous the impious. ETer's do not believe in Jesus. And consequently, ETer's are just like the impious ones that they say will burn in hell for eternity. They themselves too testify that they have not been imputed with the righteousness of Christ. They judge themselves in this regard.

It is that simple my friend. Believe the Gospel. Believe in Him who is declaring righteous the impious.
I said I was done with you. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Oh, and by the way, I reported you for your remarks in the other thread concerning 'the Greek word for torment'.

Last edited by Mike555; 01-14-2011 at 01:38 AM..

Old 01-14-2011, 06:19 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,313,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I said I was done with you. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Oh, and by the way, I reported you for your remarks in the other thread concerning 'the Greek word for torment'.
LOL...well, go back and read what you said...here, I'll show it to you:

Post #393:
I am done with this subject. Believe what you want.

LOL...and yet, here you are, discussing this subject.

Now, concerning justification. Let me delineate it using a table format approach that often helps the challenged:

..........................Declared Righteous......Reckoned to Righteousness
The Unbeliever: ..............
(the impious Rom 4:5)

The Believer: .............................................. ...
(the Saint Rom 1:7)

PS: Feel free to report all my posts.......it shows me you read them .

Old 01-14-2011, 07:16 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,109,662 times
Quote:
Truth does not mold itself to fit your opinion.

It's later than you know!!!

It's obvious that I can't get through to you. Believe what you will.
Mike,

We all have an opinion. Even what you believe is according to your understanding, your opinion; it doesn't mean that it is true. It is your understanding of the scriptures. You are like the rest of us.

However, if you feel Christ within your heart, filling you with joy and gladness, then you begin to move beyond opinion and into experience.
And I believe God gives us experience for this reason. Otherwise, it is all only opinions.

In my heart, I feel a joy that is not of the world. And this joy, to me, tells me that God loves everyone and will bring all things to a good end for everyone. I feel it.
And to me, that is more than opinion.

Well then, you believe that only those who believe like you do will be saved (through belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior).

People who accept the doctrine of UR believe that God will save everyone (through belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior).

Either way, the Gospel of Salvation is preached.

So what's the problem??

Blessings,
Brian

Old 01-14-2011, 07:40 AM

1,838 posts, read 1,931,551 times
just reading back at one of yor post's there brian,aint it funny how one little word like,faith IN jesus,and faith OF jesus,can have two completley different meanings????ya got me thinkin there.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:07 AM

30,169 posts, read 19,976,834 times
Quote:
Truth does not mold itself to fit your opinion.

It's later than you know!!!

It's obvious that I can't get through to you. Believe what you will.
Mike the wall's around the mind of the believer in Universal Reconciliation are not like the walls of Jericho.He is our defence.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:09 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,109,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
just reading back at one of yor post's there brian,aint it funny how one little word like,faith IN jesus,and faith OF jesus,can have two completley different meanings????ya got me thinkin there.
When I first saw it too, I was like, "ooooh!" A lightbulb went on.

In Italian, the use of the word "of" is very important. For example, for us to say, "Bob's wife's friend's dog" we would say, "the dog of the friend of the wife of Bob." A different perspective on things; in fact, they say here that people learn latin at school because it develops critical thinking: reflexives, circularity, etc.
"Of" is a very important word, and is not at all the same as "in."

Blessings!
Brian

Old 01-14-2011, 09:18 AM

37,500 posts, read 25,238,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

In Italian, the use of the word "of" is very important. For example, for us to say, "Bob's wife's friend's dog" we would say, "the dog of the friend of the wife of Bob." A different perspective on things; in fact, they say here that people learn latin at school because it develops critical thinking: reflexives, circularity, etc.

Blessings!
Brian
There is the same problem with "believe IN" versus "believe ON/INTO" . . . the damage that has been done by ignorance in interpreting scripture has been devastating and tenacious for millennia.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:08 AM

1,838 posts, read 1,931,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

Blessings!
Brian
im glad to hear that christianity is finaly over coming,and suprisingly through scripture,this doctrine that as mystic said, has been goin on for millenia,i tottaly lost faith in christanity althogether,but was unaware that these teachings were being interpreted and translated in a much more loving and caring way that would be-fit a God of Love,i know i said this before but thanks to yourself,PCamps,mystic,sparrow,heartsong,thrillbyt e,Ilene(although she hates my speeling,and all the rest of the URers here on city data,for givin me faith that Christ's LOVE is definitly back in action once again,you's are a credit to you'r deity for tolerating the opposites points of view and offering something based alot more on Love and not just mans dictation,,,,,,,,,,now dont be gettin any big head's,be humble and happy and filled with all the JOY that yous are tryin to make people understand that exists,after all a life of eternal punishment means ultimate sorrow for nearly everyone in existence and that means NO-JOY!!!!!after all who could be happy living eternity knowing that people are permanantly stuck in torment,,,,thanks.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:30 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,286,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post

However, the scriptures are very clear about how all the nations, not only the nation of Israel, came from Adam, through Noah, and his three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
Prove it please. And we will analyze them to see if you are correct.
Then we can move on to the rest of your post.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:47 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,199,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Prove it please. And we will analyze them to see if you are correct.
Then we can move on to the rest of your post.
Okay sciotamicks ... Lets break it down shall we?

The truth is you are deecieving yourself, and you know it. I think that is a very sad state.

Go and ask any religious Jew on the planet if the bible teaches that all nations descended from Adam and see how they respond.

Which one of Noah's three sons did Abraham descend from? Answer : Shem ...

And what became of the descendants of Ham and Japheth? And what of the other sons of Shem? The ones whom Abraham did not descend from?

I am glad that you are posting these things, as we are now getting to the heart of what you are teaching and its fallacies for everyone to see ...

30 different nations came from the descendants of Ham alone, and not one of them was the nation of Israel. And Ham came from Noah, and Noah descended from Adam.

Shem had 6 sons, and Abraham only descended from one of them obviously, Arphaxad.

From: The Table of Nations: Ham, Shem and Japheth, Sons of Noah -- Courtesy of Return To Glory

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 01-14-2011 at 04:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity