U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 03:32 PM

309 posts, read 436,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
there are alot of things that are true that are not in the bible,their is an infinate amount of knowledge about God so obviously the bible is incomplete in knowledge of God.

you go on as if god is incapable of showing mercy,commpassion,tolerance,patience,understanding and most of all loving not only those who beleive but those who dont beleive.why did Jesus say''love thy enemy'',if He thought that God Himself was incapable of doing this.you cant put limits onto God if He is limited then He is not God.

so you go ahead and beleive that God is a harsh being and incapable of loving those who either dont beleive or never had a chance to beleive.

i only wrote 10 reasons off the top of my head,im sure the list could go on and on,it is the proof that what your saying is lies,to be god their are certain aspect to Him,certain quality's,powers,and charachteristics,im sorry but you obviously dont understand what(never mind who)god is.
I don't understand what God is?? BTW it's God not god but anyway just because I don't agree with what you think makes me not understand God as much as you do. Sounds like your a little critical of those that don't believe the same as you and that they are wrong and your right. Keep an open mind towards others as I didn't come here to be confrontational just to discuss. Have a Blessed Day!!!

Old 01-08-2011, 03:46 PM

1,838 posts, read 1,931,084 times
right so God is goin to torture people forever just to teach the angels a lesson,right now i know your crazy,i just thought that you were supporting a doctrine,but obviously thats just crazy.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:47 PM

1,838 posts, read 1,931,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
I don't understand what God is?? BTW it's God not god but anyway just because I don't agree with what you think makes me not understand God as much as you do. Sounds like your a little critical of those that don't believe the same as you and that they are wrong and your right. Keep an open mind towards others as I didn't come here to be confrontational just to discuss. Have a Blessed Day!!!
the reason why i said that was because you need to understand the nature of god before you start tellin people what he's goin to do.have a blessed day yourself too.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:51 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,427,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog
Maybe I am missing something but how can someone believe the Bible and not believe in Eternal Hell. Its clearly descripted of what its going to be like. Also if im not mistaken it was stated earlier in this topic that God is a God of love which is true but if you will remember correctly is is also a God of hate when it comes to sin and he even said he hates workers of iniquity. It is a nice thought to not have EH but realistically its there.
Quote:
scgraham replied:
This is one of the most reasonable posts that I have read on city-data.
This is a true barometer of the depth of blindness we are dealing with here.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:54 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,427,722 times
Quote:
Mike 555,wrote in an earlier post ,that even the smallest sin against the Father deserves eternal punishment,
That's because Mike555 doesn't really believe Christ accomplished anything when Christ bore the sin of all mankind and that God accepted that.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:58 PM

20,296 posts, read 15,638,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
That's a little insulting, knowing that the only reason I was brought into existence was to teach the angels a lesson! To heck with them. Let them learn on their own!
God also desires to bring many sons into glory, but it is all related to the angelic conflict. God could have just immediately carried out Satan's sentencing to the lake of fire. But that will not take place until the end of human history. God did not have to explain Himself, but He chose to demonstrate to all of creation that His sentencing of Satan and the other fallen angels was just. This is all for His glory.

Angels are indeed learning from what occurs in the outworking of human history. '1 Peter 1:10 As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful search and inquiry. 11] seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow. 12] It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you, in these things which now have been announced to you through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven - things into which angels long to look.

God knew the angels would fall. He knew that He would create man and that man would fall. He knew that He would provide salvation for man and that some would avail themselves of that salvation and others would reject that salvation. He knew that He would leave in condemnation all who rejected Christ as Savior.

All of this was known to God and became a part of one big divine decree in which all the free will decisions of man and angel were decreed to certainly happen. The decree didn't cause any decision of man or angel. It simply made the free will decisions of man and angel certain to occur.

God wanted creatures who had free will. And therefore He had to let the results of those volitional decisions play out in both angelic and human history.

And so we have the invisible spiritual warfare known as the angelic conflict. And the final result will be that all who chose for God will be eternally in the presence of God, and all who chose against God will be eternally separated from God.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That's because Mike555 doesn't really believe Christ accomplished anything when Christ bore the sin of all mankind and that God accepted that.
You are about the fifth person in recent days to take it upon himself to tell me what I do and do not believe. I have explained on various threads in detail what it is all about.

Jesus accomplished exactly what He came into the world to do. To pay the penalty for man's sins, thereby removing them as a barrier between man and God. The issue in salvation therefore is not sin, but rather, your attitude concerning Jesus Christ.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:13 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,810,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You are about the fifth person in recent days to take it upon himself to tell me what I do and do not believe. I have explained on various threads in detail what it is all about.

Jesus accomplished exactly what He came into the world to do. To pay the penalty for man's sins, thereby removing them as a barrier between man and God. The issue in salvation therefore is not sin, but rather, your attitude concerning Jesus Christ.
John 12:48
There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:16 PM

309 posts, read 436,695 times
Quote:
the reason why i said that was because you need to understand the nature of god before you start tellin people what he's goin to do.have a blessed day yourself too.
I do understand the nature of God thank you. I never said what he was going to do just what the Bible said he was going to do. I believe what the Bible tells me not others.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
right so God is goin to torture people forever just to teach the angels a lesson,right now i know your crazy,i just thought that you were supporting a doctrine,but obviously thats just crazy.
Now seems to be a good place to again offer to those who are interested, information concerning the issue of the angelic conflict. This is a thread of mine. The Angelic Conflict; the Spiritual Warfare Those who could care less need not bother. What could be fairer than that?!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity