Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 01:00 PM

32,881 posts, read 26,100,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Mike, are you to believe that Christ died only for your sins?
Are you saved because you believe that Christ died only for your own sins?
Jesus died for the sins of the entire world. He died for everyones sins. Sin is not the issue in salvation. The only issue is faith in Christ. You are saved because you trust in Jesus to save you. You are saved because you want to have a personal relationship with Christ.

A person is saved when they make a personal decision to believe in Christ who died for the sins of the entire world. In paying the penalty for the sins of the entire world, He removed sin as an issue in salvation. And therefore, the issue is simply will you believe in Christ or will you not? If you place your faith in Christ then you are eternally saved. If you reject Christ as Savior then you remain under the condemnation with which you came into the world (John 3:36).

Eusebius, I've gone over this enough. If you still don't understand the issue, it is because you don't want to. Refer back to my prior posts. Better yet, avail yourself of the doctrinal resources that I provided on the following thread. http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...-i-can-do.html

Old 01-09-2011, 01:15 PM

32,881 posts, read 26,100,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
so in that case it would be better if everyone was just born handicaped,or died as children,i suppose it would only be fair of Him to do the same to those who never hear of Jesus or the gospil aswell.

what the world shoud do is kill every child right now as to save them from an almost definite eternity in hell,with this logic that should be the right thing to do,i should just kill my children my 3 boys right now and garauntee them a place in heaven,who cares if i go to hell for it,oh yeah i forgot it dosent matter what i do as long as i beleive, if what your post says is true then the world shouldnt think twice about it and kill all children,,,its kinda like a loophole in the contract isnt it,you can either save yourself bye beleiving in Jesus or die young,or mentally ill.

what about a person who was once sane then after whatever reason becomes insane,i mean he could have saved himself in the last few years/months/days/hours/minutes/seconds of his life if he hadnt of became mentally ill,,,,,,,you know what with these beleifs it really makes me understand how off the wall they are and gives me strenght in beleiving what my heart tells me???

Your conclusions are faulty. I won't even dignify the first two paragraphs with an answer. As for the person who once was sane and became insane. If he once had the ability to conceive of the existence of a supreme being, then he reached the point of accountability and is held responsible by God to believe in Christ for salvation. The sooner a person makes that most important decision, the better off he is. There comes a time when it will be to late to decide.

Your heart can lead you straight to hell. 'These beliefs' are the clear revelation of scripture.

John 3:16; John 3:36; Acts 16:31 and many other passages all declare that personal faith in Christ is required for eternal salvation.

Believe the word of God or don't. It's your choice.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:57 PM

309 posts, read 508,733 times
Just wandering if you all don't believe in Eternal Hell then why get saved? I mean from my understanding of your beliefs your going to be saved anyway right? So why not go about drinking, getting drunk, cursing, stealing, cheating, taking the Lord's name in vain, sleeping with everyone that comes and goes and not marry them; since your covered by Gods gracious love. Then my last question is can you find one scripture in the Bible that clearly states God loves everyone? Not talking about God loves the world but that says God loves everyone.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:09 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,241,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
Just wandering if you all don't believe in Eternal Hell then why get saved? I mean from my understanding of your beliefs your going to be saved anyway right? So why not go about drinking, getting drunk, cursing, stealing, cheating, taking the Lord's name in vain, sleeping with everyone that comes and goes and not marry them; since your covered by Gods gracious love. Then my last question is can you find one scripture in the Bible that clearly states God loves everyone? Not talking about God loves the world but that says God loves everyone.
what so when jesus said God loves the world,He wasnt talkin about those who are in it,just the mountains,rocks,volcanos,rivers,clouds etc.things that dont love back.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:11 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,041,898 times
Quote:
Why not ?, because like it or not we all reap what we sow. there is no escape from it. You also need to see that the question you are asking, is coming from the treasures of your own heart.In otherwords it's something you would consider doing yourself if you thought you could get away with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
what so when jesus said God loves the world,He wasnt talkin about those who are in it,just the mountains,rocks,volcanos,rivers,clouds etc.things that dont love back.
I take it you can't find one?

1,838 posts, read 2,241,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Your conclusions are faulty. I won't even dignify the first two paragraphs with an answer. As for the person who once was sane and became insane. If he once had the ability to conceive of the existence of a supreme being, then he reached the point of accountability and is held responsible by God to believe in Christ for salvation. The sooner a person makes that most important decision, the better off he is. There comes a time when it will be to late to decide.

Your heart can lead you straight to hell. 'These beliefs' are the clear revelation of scripture.

John 3:16; John 3:36; Acts 16:31 and many other passages all declare that personal faith in Christ is required for eternal salvation.

Believe the word of God or don't. It's your choice.
of course you wont answer it,because you know it dosent make sense,but hey im only putting to reason exactly what you were sayin.

the heart is where the soul lies,its where god exists also,you know that little verse''the kingdom of god is inside you''???

Old 01-09-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Why not ?, because like it or not we all reap what we sow. there is no escape from it. You also need to see that the question you are asking, is coming from the treasures of your own heart.In otherwords it's something you would consider doing yourself if you thought you could get away with it.
Not at all what I am getting at is if there is not an Eternal Hell then why worry about being a good person and getting saved when your going to get saved anyway no matter what you do.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:16 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,041,898 times
Quote:
Not at all what I am getting at is if there is not an Eternal Hell then why worry about being a good person and getting saved when your going to get saved anyway no matter what you do.
So the fear of eternal hell is why you try(and as much as you try you never will be)to be a good person ?. And your answer confirms to me you would do all those things if you could get away from escaping eternal hell.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So the fear of eternal hell is why you try(and as much as you try you never will be)to be a good person ?.
Your still avoiding the question or is it that it can't be answered?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity