Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 07:27 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Who really keeps bring up the hell issue..... who started this thread about HELL ?

The truth is if one does not repent of their unbelief, sin, BEFORE they die, they will perish, there is no getting around the issue, pcamps !

Like yourself..... keep denying it and the consequences is hell, eternally separated from God.... why do you keep testing God's tolerance and mercy in denying His truth and speaking to other's of a false gospel, that is the contempt of His riches, kindness, and patiences, leading one not toward God in repentance, but away from it, with false teaching ???
Cyber the only tolerance and patience being tested is your's, as the scripture says, he's patient and tolerant, and any contempt being shown is towards the foul doctrine of eternal torment that you hold on to along with many others.

There is no getting around anything, how do you get around this

For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Accept the fact that God concuded you and i in unbelief that he might have mercy on us. It had to be this way, otherwise we would never understand his mercy.

You even go as far to threaten me with hell, that statement is enough in itself to reveal that your faith is not in Jesus , but just a belief and nothing else, that as no substance or firm foundation. How do i know this, well according to your threat, if i don't believe your belief in regards to eternal torment, i'm hell bound, it's one of the most shallow comments you hear from fundamental christianity, and one of many reason why believers are leaving the churches in their droves, and who can blame them.

Thank God that he's opening the eyes of believers, and they are getting some steel about them and declaring we ain't going to take this c**p anymore.

Last edited by pcamps; 01-10-2011 at 08:02 AM..

Old 01-10-2011, 07:29 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Even the phrase "repent of unbelief" sounds irrational, as if people just "decide" independently what they believe. As you surely know, some of us don't think it is possible for a person to "believe on/into" Christ without an "act of God" on behalf of the individual. In other words - God is sovereign and man cannot deliver himself from unbelief.
No, it isn't irrational. Yes, faith is generated by God and God will come to every being He created with His truth of Salvation through Jesus Christ giving that individual the choice to turn from their unbelief, sin.....

That is the sovereignty of God... He casts no one out, giving every man/woman/child created the choice to receive His Son, Jesus Christ !!!

Old 01-10-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Cyber the only tolerance and patience being tested is your's, as the scripture says, he's patient and tolerant, and any contempt being shown is towards the foul doctrine of eternal torment that you hold on to along with many others.

There is no getting around anything, how do you get around this

For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Accept the fact that God concuded you and i in unbelief that he might have mercy on us. It had to be this way, otherwise we would never understand his mercy.

You even go as far to threaten me with hell, that statement is enough in itself to reveal that your faith is not in Jesus , but a belief, that as no substance or firm foundation. How do i know this, well accord to your threat if i don't believe your belief in regards to eternal torment, i'm hell bound, it's one of the most shallow comments you hear from fundamental christianity, and one of many reason why believers are leaving the churches in their droves, and who can blame them.

Thank God that he's opening the eyes of believers, and they are getting some steel about them and declaring we ain't going to take this c**p anymore.
What is your name ???

Old 01-10-2011, 07:52 AM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Like yourself..... keep denying it and the consequences is hell, eternally separated from God.... why do you keep testing God's tolerance and mercy in denying His truth and speaking to other's of a false gospel, that is the contempt of His riches, kindness, and patiences, leading one not toward God in repentance, but away from it, with false teaching ???
There is nothing "tolerant, merciful, kind or patient" about a God who threatens Hell to promote "love of God and each other." I am astounded that so many people cannot see the absolute absurdity of it!

Old 01-10-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:
No, it isn't irrational. Yes, faith is generated by God and God will come to every being He created with His truth of Salvation through Jesus Christ giving that individual the choice to turn from their unbelief, sin.....

That is the sovereignty of God... He casts no one out, giving every man/woman/child created the choice to receive His Son, Jesus Christ !!!
Ther is not one single case when Jesus met a single person one on one and said to them there's a choice to be made, without fail 100% of the time all who Jesus met on a one to one basis believed. When Jesus turns up at our door, there's only one conclusion "Lord i believe". I challenge you to prove this to be wrong.

This business about folk rejecting gifts is ridiculous. Jesus said to the woman at the well IF you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

Do you see that Latte "if you knew the gift of God" , we would ask.

Folk are not accepting Jesus on any basis apart from not knowing the gift of God.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:59 AM

33,229 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
But then if I am following you correctly, once Jesus paid the penalty for my sins on Calvary, then no more debt is owing on my sins and therefore it would be double jeopardy for God to discipline me or punish me in this life for committing those sins. And I can tell you God has been good at giving a me a good walloping in the past when I got out of line---not so much any more as I learned my lesson and am a very good little boy now.
I was quite clear that as a believer, you will be disciplined for your sins. They simply aren't an issue with regard to salvation. The only issue is believing in Christ.

As a believer you cannot lose your salvation for sin, but you will most definitely be disciplined in time for them. When you sin, it puts you out of fellowship with God. It puts you into a state of carnality under the control of your sin nature. The longer you remain in carnality and refuse to name your sins in order to regain the control of the Holy Spirit and be restored to fellowship, the more dicipline you come under. The sins of the believer are handled as a family matter as per Prov 3:11-12; Heb 12:5-13;Rev 3:19-21.

Heb 12:4 'You have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood in yur striving against sin; 5] and you have forgotten the exhortation which is addressed to you as sons, ''My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, Nor faint when you are reproved by Him; 6] For those whom the Lord loves He disciplines, and He scourges every son whom He receives. 7] It is for discipline that you endure; God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline?''

As far as the unbeliever is concerned, if he dies without Christ, although he will die in his sins, his sins will not be mentioned at the Great White throne because they were all ready paid for by Christ on the cross.

Heb 10:12 'but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, sat down at the right hand of God.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:
What is your name ???
Anything but Sue !!

Old 01-10-2011, 08:17 AM

33,229 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
You already walk in fear and is to why you keep talking about it. It torments you mind..... If you were walking in faith of God's perfect love which casts out fear..... hell would not be an issue to you !!!

Yes, many people simply shut their eyes tightly and say over and over to themselves, ''NO, NO!!! IT ISN'T SO. IT ISN'T SO!!!'' But it is so. All who reject the truth of the matter before they die, will come to a realization of the truth of the matter after they depart from this life. And for those who die having rejected Jesus Christ as Savior, that realization will be most unpleasant.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
I challenge you to prove this to be wrong.

Eph.5:5
For this you know with certainty, that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Heb.12:14-18
14. Pursue peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no one will see the Lord.
15. See to it that no one comes short of the grace of God; that no root of bitterness springing up causes trouble, and by it many be defiled;
16. that there be no immoral or godless person like Esau, who sold his own birthright for a single meal.
17. For you know that even afterwards, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought for it with tears.

Let's finish the scripture in context that pcamps keeps quoting out of context......

Rom. 2:4-11
4. Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?
5. But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
6. who WILL RENDER TO EACH PERSON ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS:
7. to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life;
8. but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation.
9.There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek,
10. but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
11. For there is no partiality with God.

Gal.5:19-21
19. Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
20. idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
21. envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

So the conclusion to those who practice the above will inherit not the kingdom of God..... so what do they inherit ??? I believe the written word of God says, HELL !!!

Old 01-10-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

Yes, many people simply shut their eyes tightly and say over and over to themselves, ''NO, NO!!! IT ISN'T SO. IT ISN'T SO!!!'' But it is so. All who reject the truth of the matter before they die, will come to a realization of the truth of the matter after they depart from this life. And for those who die having rejected Jesus Christ as Savior, that realization will be most unpleasant.
I would say it's the otherway round .You have closed your mind and stuck to your guns saying "I have been taught this all my christian life and i will never be open to anything different to what i have been taught". Here lies the root of the problem for the fundy, being open to anything but what they are taught,because if they are, they believe God will be against them and send them to the same eternal torment they condemn others to.

The message of the cross is not believe the bible or else..........But

that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

Unfortunately this is not the message of the masses of fundamental christianity and it goes without saying they are certainly not commited to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity