Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 09:40 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
To the contrary. Everyone has been justified by the very person who you claim to be your Savior. And in fact, He is not only your Savior, but mine too, as well as anyone else who happens to be of the Adamic race.
All mankind was put into Adam in order to have mercy upon all through One, Jesus Christ our Lord.
Only those who place their faith in Christ receive the imputation of God's righteousness by which God declares the one who believes in Christ 'justified.'

Read on.

Quote:
We are saved by grace, not by works.
Did I say anything about works? No I did not.

Eph 2:8 'For by grace yu have been saved THROUGH FAITH; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9] not as a result of works, that no one should boast.'

Quote:
Salvation is different from justification. All mankind has been justified and given Life. Some are also being saved in this life, to declare the wonderful works of God.

Blessings,
brian
Go back and carefully read post #102. No one, absolutely no one is justified until the moment that they believe in Jesus Christ for salvation. There is nothing about this which is difficult to understand.

No one has been justified at physical birth. In opposition to justification, man is born already born under condemnation (John 3:18).

At the cross, Jesus performed the work for our justification. In other words, He made the righteousness of God available to those who believe in Him for salvation (Rom 5:8-9).

It is at the moment of faith in Christ Jesus that God the Father imputes His righteousness to the one who believes and is therefore able to pronounce that person justified.

Romans 4:5 'But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness.'

Acts 13:38 ''Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through Him forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, 39]and through Him everyone who believes is made righteous (dikaioutai) from all things which you could not be made righteous through the Law of Moses.''

Look at Acts 13:39 in the Greek with the transliteration and translation. Acts 13:39 Biblos Interlinear Bible

It is by the work of Jesus Christ on the cross that justifcation comes to those who believe in Him.

Now again, refer also back to post #102.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:47 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
This young man came to Jesus face to face believing who Jesus was and asked Jesus how he could inherit eternal life and Jesus gave him the choice to choose..... Jesus or his riches !!!

Matthew 19:16-22
16. And someone came to Him and said, "Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?"

17. And He said to him, "Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments."

18.Then he said to Him, "Which ones?" And Jesus said, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER; YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY; YOU SHALL NOT STEAL; YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS;

19. HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER; and YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

20. The young man said to Him, "All these things I have kept; what am I still lacking?"

21. Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

22. But when the young man heard this statement, he went away grieving; for he was one who owned much property.

There is your scripture that shows one who believed in Jesus.....and Christ giving one the choice to choose

Old 01-11-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
In otherwords Mike you do not have one single scripture do you ?. How difficult would it be just to quote one scripture that proves me wrong ?.

Writing a long winded post telling me how wrong i am without scripture isn't going to cut it. I have addressed the attempts of your Nicodemus and Judas comments in my last post.

This answer of yours is another cop out, because you no very well no one is going to sift through those long winded posts to find a scripture that proves me wrong.

Choosing and making a decision for Jesus is a lie from the pit, and a lie that contradicts scripture and leaves the believer confused and doubtful in regards to his relationship with the Father, because of what is belief is based on........his own choosing.
You've been proven wrong in posts #163, 167, 171. As I told you in Post #174, any further pursuit of this matter by you would be answered (if I bother to answer) with a referral back to my previous posts.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:53 AM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
This young man came to Jesus face to face believing who Jesus was and asked Jesus how he could inherit eternal life and Jesus gave him the choice to choose..... Jesus or his riches !!!

16. And someone came to Him and said, "Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?"

17. And He said to him, "Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments."

18.Then he said to Him, "Which ones?" And Jesus said, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER; YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY; YOU SHALL NOT STEAL; YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS;

19. HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER; and YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

20. The young man said to Him, "All these things I have kept; what am I still lacking?"

21. Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

22. But when the young man heard this statement, he went away grieving; for he was one who owned much property.

There is your scripture that shows one who believed in Jesus.....and Christ giving one the choice to choose
Do you not know the difference between choosing "works" and choosing belief?

Last edited by MysticPhD; 01-11-2011 at 10:03 AM..

Old 01-11-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You have answered the question. I don't know how anyone can deny it.
It's because of pride, and/or a refusal to believe that man is held responsible by God to use His God given volition to come to Christ for salvation through faith in Christ.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:02 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Do you not now the difference between choosing "works" and choosing belief?
What does that have to do with the scripture given ?

The question was who did Christ face to face give a choice to believe and serve, follow him.
The young man was given a choice to follow Christ by going and selling all his possessions and give to the poor.
Yet, he could not, he valued his possessions more then Christ' invitation to inherit eternal life through Him and Jesus knew this by testing his heart !!

MysticPhD, do you ever read and study the scriptures ??

Old 01-11-2011, 10:03 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Only those who place their faith in Christ receive the imputation of God's righteousness by which God declares the one who believes in Christ 'justified.'

Read on.

Did I say anything about works? No I did not.

Eph 2:8 'For by grace yu have been saved THROUGH FAITH; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9] not as a result of works, that no one should boast.'

Go back and carefully read post #102. No one, absolutely no one is justified until the moment that they believe in Jesus Christ for salvation. There is nothing about this which is difficult to understand.

No one has been justified at physical birth. In opposition to justification, man is born already born under condemnation (John 3:18).

At the cross, Jesus performed the work for our justification. In other words, He made the righteousness of God available to those who believe in Him for salvation (Rom 5:8-9).

It is at the moment of faith in Christ Jesus that God the Father imputes His righteousness to the one who believes and is therefore able to pronounce that person justified.

Romans 4:5 'But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness.'

Acts 13:38 ''Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through Him forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, 39]and through Him everyone who believes is made righteous (dikaioutai) from all things which you could not be made righteous through the Law of Moses.''

Look at Acts 13:39 in the Greek with the transliteration and translation. Acts 13:39 Biblos Interlinear Bible

It is by the work of Jesus Christ on the cross that justifcation comes to those who believe in Him.

Now again, refer also back to post #102.
To the contrary. Just as condemnation for all men came through Adam, so justification and Life came to all men through Jesus Christ. Read Romans 5 again.

Blessings!
Brian

Old 01-11-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
You should concern yourself with your own comprehension abilities first.

1 Corinthians 1:21
For since in the wisdom of God ... God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

• "whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life" John 5:24
  • "the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day." John 12:48
the Lord’s will is:....to save those who believe
You want to argue who's the liar ... ok, bring it

Good post twin. It's amazing that anyone can deny what is so plainly stated in the Scriptures.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:16 AM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
What does that have to do with the scripture given ?

The question was who did Christ face to face give a choice to believe and serve, follow him.
The young man was given a choice to follow Christ by going and selling all his possessions and give to the poor.
THOSE are works and THOSE are what he was asked to choose . . . belief was not mentioned and was not an issue.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:27 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:

When Jesus was asked "Lord, are only a few people going to be saved", Jesus did not reply. Yes, don't worry about, I will make sure everyone is saved. No, He said Make every effort to enter through the narrow door

Luke 13:23 Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”

He said to them, 24 “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’
“But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’
26 “Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’ 27 “But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity