Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 11:54 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Humour me my freind and I promise you will see the point.
It is you who does not see the point . . . you want
to "rote follow and blindly believe the ignorant and absurd descriptions and understandings of our primitive ancestors as if they are the literal inrerrant infallible word of God." THAT is completely unacceptable to me . . . so NO . . . I don't think I will ever see your point, Robin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 12:15 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
to "rote follow and blindly believe the ignorant and absurd descriptions and understandings of our primitive ancestors as if they are the literal inrerrant infallible word of God." THAT is completely unacceptable to me . . . so NO . . . I don't think I will ever see your point, Robin.
The whole idea of this thread was to address the words of Christ within the Bible with our opinions and interpritations and not to agree on everything or even anything. I have presented the scriptures and you have yet even attempted to address them. Do you know what it means to walk by faith?

Do you realize that our ancestors, according to the Bible and archeology were brilliant beyond our understanding? They did not need all the technology that we rely so much on yet they built the pyramids containing stone which we do not even have the capability to move even today. They walked and talked with God, with Jesus, with angels and we cant even hear the truth when it is right in front of us. Our knowledge has robbed us of our wisdom and you my friend are among the smartest of us and cant even see the truth. Come now, please humour me, they are just words.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:30 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD

The whole idea of this thread was to address the words of Christ within the Bible with our opinions and interpretations and not to agree on everything or even anything. I have presented the scriptures and you have yet even attempted to address them.
You have to present what YOU THINK the scriptures mean and their significance to our disagreements about the true nature of God and your literal beliefs about them. You have not done that . . . so I cannot mind read. I have no idea why or what you think the significance of these passages are. I refuse to guess.
Quote:
Do you know what it means to walk by faith?
The bold in my quote you responded to above constitutes what I think you believe is walking by faith. My walk in faith is in Jesus Christ; His Holy Spirit within revealing what God has "written in our hearts;" His UNAMBIGUOUS example and teachings about the TRUE NATURE of God; and His commandments to "love God and each other."

Old 01-20-2011, 04:01 PM

Okay Mystic so far I have shared several verses that do not require interpritation or an opinion. I have stated that they pretty much speak for themselve. I did say that Jesus seemed callous in His responce when He was twelve. Another was Him quoting the OT, and then of course I summed up what I thought of the words so far. You have attacked the quote without actually addressing them and then you accuse me of something that is far from the truth and then you return to your rant about primative savage so on and so forth without even considering that you could be wrong. I have not said that you are wrong because you havent even addressed the words. Are you sure you are being guided by the Holy Spirit or the spirit of contempt? Not accusing but your fruit doesnt look very good.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:02 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Words of Jesus is the op.....In Matthew 5;3 .... Jesus said ``.Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven``...... So who is the poor in spirit? ...Well they are the one who have needs and know that Jesus can help fullfill those needs and the Lord knows that this faith is exactly the faith God desires and will bless these people , see a believer may be rich already and no needs or a proud person who will never accept charity from God and these believers rob God of the blessing that Jesus desires to bless.....In Matthew 5:4....``.Blessed are they that mourn for they will be comforted``..... See people who mourn to be comforted from God must be willing to accept comfort from God , like if you blame God from the loss that you cannot accept comfort from God ..... if you lost a person who passes away and you know the Lord collected these people souls at their passing , you can be comforted in your mourning ..... If you mourn because you lost your job , than you should use this verse in your prayer so Jesus will open the door for new employment he will give you ......in Matthew 5:5 ,, ``Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth``....The meek are they that are soft and will to listen to the authority...... as they shall inherit the earth.... see that after the second coming of Jesus , for the renewal of the earth Jesus will use these people of meekness to begin the new age , because he said, for they shall inherit the earth .... were other people may not come back to the earth after the second coming they will just go on to Heaven......

Old 01-20-2011, 05:12 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
The Words of Christ

Now.....why would I want to listen to the purported words of a mythological being. I suspect that Paul Bunyan giving a lecture on ecology would be more entertaining.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:25 PM

Red word of Jesus is the op.``` Blessed are the poor in spirit for their is the kingdom of Heaven`` Jesus said in Matthew 5:3.... and that is those people poor in the spirit who would be the one who would like to read this thread , and would be blessed by the Lord and HIS Kingdom of Heaven ...... See Jesus told me that if People reject what you say about Jesus than pay no mind, for they rejected Jesus and His words long before they rejected you........................

Old 01-21-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Red word of Jesus is the op.``` Blessed are the poor in spirit for their is the kingdom of Heaven`` Jesus said in Matthew 5:3.... and that is those people poor in the spirit who would be the one who would like to read this thread , and would be blessed by the Lord and HIS Kingdom of Heaven ...... See Jesus told me that if People reject what you say about Jesus than pay no mind, for they rejected Jesus and His words long before they rejected you........................
Thank you hljc you are right and the thread must go on.

In actuality all are poor in spirit but not all recognize just how poor their spirit is. No one knows everything about everything but many like to pretend they more than the Lord Himself. This is why Jesus and John the Baptist both commanded repentance for all are poor in spirit and must recognize this or they remain lost within their own selves.

Old 01-23-2011, 05:04 PM

Red Word of Jesus is OP...... In Matthew 5 : 6 ...Jesus said`` Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after rightousness, for they shall be filled``..... seen in Church last meeting, the anointing of the presence of God came into the Praise and Worship and believers got out of hand and began it Praise the Lord even louder with Jubulation , later the prophet spoke the word of the Lord and said`` I know your problems I am with you come to me ``... see as believers get hungry for more of God with expectation, the Lord will come and fill the need .....but believers who thirst for rightousness for other people will need to be patient because Jesus is waiting also.......... In Matthew 5: 7-8 ....Jesus said ``Blessed are the mercifull for they shall obtain mercy, blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God``........ people who are merciful can receive from Heaven better with the Praise cure healing from the Lord ,, this as a cure that the Lord Heals believers who cannot get healed and tryed every thing and never received so they just Praised the Lord and Praised the Lord and the Lord see their seed of mercy and had mercy on these people and healed them ...... the pure in heart is Jesus and Him alone can see God , so if you need to see God , you must be pure in heart to the Lord by HIS rightousness and pray endlessly and God will show himself , and you will never forget it, ... because He said it is better to believe for thoughs who have not see but believed ............ In Matthew 5: 9-12..... Jesus said ....`` Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called Children of God.......blessed are they which are persecuted for rightousness, for their is the kingdom of Heaven......blessed are you who is persecuted in all manners of evil against you for my sake ... Rejoice and be exceeding gladl for great is your reward in Heaven for they presecuted the prophets which were before you.``.................See the peacemakers called the children of God because they turn to the Royal Throne of God for their issues and Heaven answer their requests as Heaven judges these area , but this could contradict the martyr who will go out without Jesus judgements in activision .... blessed are those presecuted for rightousness and Rejoice You have the truth, for the indiffrence is the deception of the evil spirits who don`t like the truth of God.......

Old 01-23-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Red Word of Jesus is OP...... In Matthew 5 : 6 ...Jesus said`` Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after rightousness, for they shall be filled``..... seen in Church last meeting, the anointing of the presence of God came into the Praise and Worship and believers got out of hand and began it Praise the Lord even louder with Jubulation , later the prophet spoke the word of the Lord and said`` I know your problems I am with you come to me ``... see as believers get hungry for more of God with expectation, the Lord will come and fill the need .....but believers who thirst for rightousness for other people will need to be patient because Jesus is waiting also.......... In Matthew 5: 7-8 ....Jesus said ``Blessed are the mercifull for they shall obtain mercy, blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God``........ people who are merciful can receive from Heaven better with the Praise cure healing from the Lord ,, this as a cure that the Lord Heals believers who cannot get healed and tryed every thing and never received so they just Praised the Lord and Praised the Lord and the Lord see their seed of mercy and had mercy on these people and healed them ...... the pure in heart is Jesus and Him alone can see God , so if you need to see God , you must be pure in heart to the Lord by HIS rightousness and pray endlessly and God will show himself , and you will never forget it, ... because He said it is better to believe for thoughs who have not see but believed ............ In Matthew 5: 9-12..... Jesus said ....`` Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called Children of God.......blessed are they which are persecuted for rightousness, for their is the kingdom of Heaven......blessed are you who is persecuted in all manners of evil against you for my sake ... Rejoice and be exceeding gladl for great is your reward in Heaven for they presecuted the prophets which were before you.``.................See the peacemakers called the children of God because they turn to the Royal Throne of God for their issues and Heaven answer their requests as Heaven judges these area , but this could contradict the martyr who will go out without Jesus judgements in activision .... blessed are those presecuted for rightousness and Rejoice You have the truth, for the indiffrence is the deception of the evil spirits who don`t like the truth of God.......
You are very good my friend, very good indeed. Do you see the character within Christs words? His demeanor? Very enlightening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity