U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 08:41 PM

151 posts, read 128,005 times

Advertisements

Hello! If anyone can tell me, please do. Where in the old test that speaks on these so called prophecy from; Matt 2:23, Luke 24:45-47, and John 20:9
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 06:05 AM

7,856 posts, read 6,660,208 times
In Matthew 2:23 ... say he will come from Nazarene , a group who consencreates them selves for the most rightous in all Israel, the prophet of Jeremiah 33:15.. talks of the ``branch of Rightousness to grow up unto David and be execute judgement and rightousness in the land, `` and in Jeremiah 23: 5-7...``This rightous branch and a King shall reign and prosper and shall execute judgement and justice in the earth...... and his name shall be called The Lord our Rightousness```... here is prophecies for Lord Jesus who was to be rightous, were the only most rightousness people in Israel were the Nazarite consecreations of Numbers 6 in Old Testament...... in Isaiah 52:13-15 and Isaiah 53 propheies of Jesus death and victory..... Prophecy for Jesus, for rose from the dead in Psalms 16:8-11....``for you will not leave my soul in hell neither will you suffer your Holy One to see corruption...you will shew me the path of life in your presence is fulness of joy at your right hand ther are pleasures for evermore....``

Old 01-09-2011, 09:42 AM

488 posts, read 868,457 times
Here is a list of 365 messianic prophecies. you can find the answers to your questions here:

365 Messianic Prophecies

Old 01-09-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
In Matthew 2:23 ... say he will come from Nazarene , a group who consencreates them selves for the most rightous in all Israel, the prophet of Jeremiah 33:15.. talks of the ``branch of Rightousness to grow up unto David and be execute judgement and rightousness in the land, `` and in Jeremiah 23: 5-7...``This rightous branch and a King shall reign and prosper and shall execute judgement and justice in the earth...... and his name shall be called The Lord our Rightousness```... here is prophecies for Lord Jesus who was to be rightous, were the only most rightousness people in Israel were the Nazarite consecreations of Numbers 6 in Old Testament...... in Isaiah 52:13-15 and Isaiah 53 propheies of Jesus death and victory..... Prophecy for Jesus, for rose from the dead in Psalms 16:8-11....``for you will not leave my soul in hell neither will you suffer your Holy One to see corruption...you will shew me the path of life in your presence is fulness of joy at your right hand ther are pleasures for evermore....``
At the end of Matt. 2:23 it states that: "that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, he shall be called a Nazarene". After reading carefully i could not find any prophet saying a such a thing, and also if being a Nazarene such a person is not to drink wine and not to touch or come in contact with a dead body. I also read Jeremiah 33:15 and 23:5-6 it says nothing about being a Nazarene, but if you read it carefully it's talking about king David son Solomon, and also reading Isaiah 52:13-15 &53:1-12 over and over, is says nothing about being a Nazarene, or that Jesus was to die for our sins and rise the third day, however it speaks of the elect of the tribes Israel as a hole, and Psalms 16:8-11 which is David doing the talking of himself, but however if you want to just forcefully put Jesus into this to be a prophecy it does not and will not fit. Because according to Luke 24:46 says " thus it is written, and thus it behoved (it is to be necessary) Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day." Where as if read carefully Psalm 16:10, David is praying to the Father: "neither wilt thow suffer thine holy one to see corruption. and then it never speaks of being rise from the dead on the third day". So i am still looking for the prophecy that states it is Jesus to die and rise on the third day, and that he should be called a Nazarene, if thou can tell me.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
Here is a list of 365 messianic prophecies. you can find the answers to your questions here:

365 Messianic Prophecies
Thank you very much it will take me a while to go through all of those, however i think they will be very helpful

Old 02-18-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post

365 Messianic Prophecies
I have cross examine all 365 messianiac prophecies and found none of them true, but however it has been very dogmatic that jesus is put in these so called prophecies, and i mean literally they speak nothing of jesus. But with justifications, apologist, blindness, etc. make jesus fit into these prophecies. and with that being the case i or anyone can say that it was BOB, Jeff, etc. that those prophecies are talking about. And reason for saying this is because the father did not hide anything from those he love dearly and spoke clearly in what he wanted done or what he was going to do, according to Isaiah 42:9, 48:6.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:53 AM

5,302 posts, read 5,284,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaaman2000 View Post
I have cross examine all 365 messianiac prophecies and found none of them true, but however it has been very dogmatic that jesus is put in these so called prophecies, and i mean literally they speak nothing of jesus. But with justifications, apologist, blindness, etc. make jesus fit into these prophecies. and with that being the case i or anyone can say that it was BOB, Jeff, etc. that those prophecies are talking about. And reason for saying this is because the father did not hide anything from those he love dearly and spoke clearly in what he wanted done or what he was going to do, according to Isaiah 42:9, 48:6.
Exegesis?

Old 02-18-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Exegesis?
Or do you mean eisegesis?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity