Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 12:35 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I guess I have to ask it again:

And does Michael get all of his chart only from the Bible?

The only logical way to take Psalm 82 is that it is speaking of human subjectors.
Eusebius, NO! Please read the passage again and take into account the context of the day, please. Again, you are trying to theologically "protect god" because you know the ramifications if any other conclusion is drawn.

God is not standing in the council of mortal men? For what? Why does he need to stand between them? Does it not make far more sense that Yahweh stands in the council of the gods to declare his judgment on those who were slacking on their jobs? He is taking away their divinity (immortality) and confining them to shame. The article goes to GREAT lenghts to prove that this is the CORRECT interpretation of Psalm 82 but you discard all the proof to force in your biased views. You and I KNOW you're doing it, but that does NOT change the fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 12:37 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Eusebius, NO!
"No" Michael does not get all his chart from the Bible?

Old 01-10-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Eusebius, NO! Please read the passage again and tkae into account the constext of the day, please. Again, you are trying to theologically "protect god" because you know the ramifications if anyother conclusion is drawn.

God is not standing in the council of mortal men? For what? Why does he need to stand between them? Does it not make far mroe sense that Yahweh stands in the council of the gods to declare his judgment on those who were slacking on their jobs? The article goes to GREAT lenghts to prove that this is the CORRECT interpretation of Psalm 82 but you discard all the proof to force in your biased views. You and I KNOW you're doing it, but that does NOT change the fact.

God told Israel to take a peg and bury their excrement after they went to the bathroom because He was walking in their camp.

Deuteronomy 23:13-14 CLV (13) You shall come to have a peg with your
gear so it will come to be when you have squatted outside that you must
delve with it, then turn back and cover your excrement. (14) For
Yahweh your Elohim is walking about within your camp to rescue you and
to deliver up your enemies before you; hence your camps will come to be
holy so that He should not see among you the nakedness of anything and
turn away from following you.

So if He walked among them why not hold counsel with their elohim/subjectors?

Old 01-10-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
God told Israel to take a peg and bury their excrement after they went to the bathroom because He was walking in their camp.

Deuteronomy 23:13-14 CLV (13) You shall come to have a peg with your
gear so it will come to be when you have squatted outside that you must
delve with it, then turn back and cover your excrement. (14) For
Yahweh your Elohim is walking about within your camp to rescue you and
to deliver up your enemies before you; hence your camps will come to be
holy so that He should not see among you the nakedness of anything and
turn away from following you.

So if He walked among them why not hold counsel with their elohim/subjectors?
I think you are really grasping for straws here, Eusebius. Yahweh is concerned with crap on the ground???

Old 01-10-2011, 12:45 PM

care to answer post #42?

Old 01-10-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
care to answer post #42?
What exactly does that have to do with the price of tea in China, Eusebius?

Old 01-10-2011, 01:24 PM

Just answer the question please.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Just answer the question please.
No he does not at least from what I can tell.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:59 PM

I think I failed to provide the link dealing with Psalm 82 in post #34. Here it is:

http://www.thedivinecouncil.com/Psalm_82_overview.pdf

PLEASE read!

Old 01-10-2011, 02:25 PM

Below is from Unsearchable Riches vol.70 p.68 used with permission:

NOTES FOR PSALM 82

Psalm 82 is an important one, because Jesus pointed to it in a dispute with the Jews concerning His relationship with His Father. They were about to stone Him for blasphemy; then He answered: "Is it not written in your law, that `I say you are gods'? If He said those were gods to whom the word of God came...are you saying...that `You are blaspheming,' seeing that I said, `Son of God am I?'"

The scene of Psalm 82 opens with God stationed in His congregation amidst the "gods" (alueim). Regarding these "gods," A. E. Knoch demonstrated that this term refers here to rulers in Israel. "They were just what this psalm implies, men in Israel, called judges in the A.V. (but "God" in Ex.21:6; 22:8; 22:9 in the R.S.V.) who passed [judgment] upon the subjection of servants and social transgressions...[they] must have included the kings and all those to whom the people of Israel were subject" (Unsearchable Riches 45:74, 1954). They are here indicted for their unjust judgment. Their proper role is to aid the orphaned and destitute, not to rule in favor of the cruel and wicked.

One phrase may need some explanation. When it is said in verse 2 that they lifted up the faces of the wicked, it means that their judgment was partial to those sinners. In ancient practice, a petitioner prostrated himself with face to the ground before a ruler (cf Gen.42:6); if the ruler wished to show favor, he had him get up—lift his face.

Though these men were called "alueim" and "sons of the Supreme" (verse 6), they were mortal (verse 7). The psalmist closes his poem with a call for God to sit in judgment of the earth Himself.
James D. Thompson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity