Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 08:49 PM

8,146 posts, read 6,886,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

Yes makes perfect sense. Instead of speaking clearly, confuse them so they will burn in agony forever.

That's what I was thinking too.
Why on earth, if you believe people have a chance of burning in agony forever, would you "confuse them". What? and to further their chances of NOT understanding and NOT making the "right choice" before they die??

Very odd.

I also find the smilies and the cute little graphics pretty disturbing coming from those who believe many people are going to end up being tortured forever. It really doesn't sit well. It seems to me that if someone believed that most of mankind is going to end up being in agony tortured forever (these people that they are told to love and oh yeah, by the way love never ends) that their actions and words would be the epitome of absolute sobriety and seriousness.

Not a game... with cute little smilies attached.

Just an observation.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:51 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,182,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
He said to them, "The secret about the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside, everything comes in parables so that 'they may see clearly but not perceive, and they may hear clearly but not understand, otherwise they might turn around and be forgiven." Mark 4:11-12

Do you have any idea who he was talking to and why he was talking to them like that?

Old 01-10-2011, 08:54 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,108,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
That's what I was thinking too.
Why on earth, if you believe people have a chance of burning in agony forever, would you "confuse them". What? and to further their chances of NOT understanding and NOT making the "right choice" before they die??

Very odd.

I also find the smilies and the cute little graphics pretty disturbing coming from those who believe many people are going to end up being tortured forever. It really doesn't sit well. It seems to me that if someone believed that most of mankind is going to end up being in agony tortured forever (these people that they are told to love and oh yeah, by the way love never ends) that their actions and words would be the epitome of absolute sobriety and seriousness.

Not a game... with cute little smilies attached.

Just an observation.
Indeed - very odd and very sad.

The fruit of eternal torment leads one to think Jesus could purposely confuse people so they would burn forever in agony. What kind of thinking is this? If Jesus would have only spoken clearly, they would not have gone to eternal hell to burn forever, but apparently this was not part of Jesus' mandate. He is only the Savior of the World after all.

Bizarre.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,277,508 times
"And when they had crucified Him, they divided up His covering among themselves."

He will rectify the misguided in due time.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"And when they had crucified Him, they divided up His covering among themselves."

He will rectify the misguided in due time.

Amen, friend. A good thought to have.
Because it promotes and brings about peace.
I appreciate that good word.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:26 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,675,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
So you agree with the assessment that Jesus confused people so they would burn in hell?
No, that is your assessment, your thoughts and heart !!
Just can not believe the way the ur's put words in other people's mouth !!

Old 01-10-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
No, that is your assessment, your thoughts and heart !!
Just can not believe the way the ur's put words in other people's mouth !!

He asked you a question for clarification. That is what he apparently got from your words/view.

That Jesus, knowing that those who did not understand would burn in hell forever, went ahead and confused them. What other logical conclusion could someone make from that dilemma?

Those who don't "Get it" go to hell.
Jesus confused them.

???

It's just not making much sense is all.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:34 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,246,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
if ya cant convince them,then confuse them.
sounds to me like your confused alright,well if thats all you have to offer????

Old 01-10-2011, 09:39 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,675,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
He asked you a question for clarification. That is what he apparently got from your words/view.

That Jesus, knowing that those who did not understand would burn in hell forever, went ahead and confused them. What other logical conclusion could someone make from that dilemma?

Those who don't "Get it" go to hell.
Jesus confused them.

???

It's just not making much sense is all.

No he didn't.... go back and read all the post sparrow..... he didn't get that from my words or view.... make sure you know before you make such accussations....

It doesn't make sense because of people jumping in and not knowing what really has been said or done and they accuse without knowing the truth and it will become confusing and a big mess from other's so called accessments !!!

Old 01-10-2011, 09:59 PM

Cyber, there is no need to get angry. We're just having a conversation here.

Ok, this is what lego said:

Quote:
You actually think Jesus confused people so that they would end up in eternal torment?
Note the question mark.

And then he says:
Quote:
This is worse than I thought. Egad.

Now wouldn't you want to clarify what you meant, instead of accusing "URs" of putting words in your mouth?
You have full opportunity there to CLARIFY. And that is essentially what Lego is hoping that you will do.
CLARIFY. Just clarify, sister. That's all you're really being asked to do.

You replied with a bible verse talking about Jesus confusing "Those on the outside" so they would not turn and be forgiven.
And then you posted a little "wink" smilie:

Quote:
He said to them, "The secret about the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside, everything comes in parables so that 'they may see clearly but not perceive, and they may hear clearly but not understand, otherwise they might turn around and be forgiven." Mark 4:11-12

What is that supposed to mean, other than you think Jesus confused people so they wouldn't be forgiven (these people on the OUTSIDE) and so that they would, (according the the view of ET) essentially go to hell?

If that is NOT what you were implying, then why not just tell Lego what it is that you meant?

Understand that I'm only trying to UN-DO a misunderstanding here.
I'm not picking on you at all, ok?
peace,
sparrow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.