U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 06:32 PM

151 posts, read 128,264 times

Advertisements

Which of these accounts is telling the truth about jesus crucifixion? Matt.28:1-20, Mark 16:1-19, Luke 24:1-52, or John 20:1-18, surly all of them can be true. This along tells you that something is wrong, but if you are blind you are blind, but if you are truly a child of The GREAT FATHER, THE ALL MIGHTY, THE CREATOR OF ALL, you will STOP and rethink and reread the old test and investigate all the so call prophecy that claim to be talking about jesus, and find out that they are really not. PLEASE understand that this is not about a certain denomination.

Last edited by june 7th; 02-03-2011 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: "Red' is reserved for moderator actions and "mod cuts." Pls use any other color. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 07:26 PM

9,602 posts, read 20,535,491 times
Moderator cut: deleted

The real issue is to what degree a Christian believes the Holy Spirit directed the Bible's writers. For Christians who micro manage doctrine to the nth degree these contradictions would lead them to stop believing altogether and become atheists. (Some churches I know of will only use ALL CAPITOL letters for their "CHURCH OF CHRIST" sign because all Greek letters were capitalized and they don't want to have a bible name with unbiblical spelling )

For me the many thousands of people that knew Jesus and the Apostles and were willing to be martyred by the Romans for their beliefs is proof that Jesus is the Messiah. The discrepancies in the Bible show that the writers were merely mortals who were relaying their memories after the fact. The fact that they willingly died for their faith and were able to convert most of the known world is proof enough for me. You might get a few dozen nut jobs to die for a leader saying their comet is coming, but not many thousands of reputable people willing to suffer crucifixion or worse. For me this is proof that Christ is the Messiah and Christianity is a legitimate religion. They clearly believed very deeply in what they saw and heard.

I don't care if Genesis pre Abraham is oversimplified or that there are minor errors with the rest of the Bible before the book of Revelation (<- which, like parts of Genesis is not meant to be taken literally).

Last edited by june 7th; 02-03-2011 at 04:05 PM..

Old 01-10-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned

The real issue is to what degree a Christian believes the Holy Spirit directed the Bible's writers. For Christians who micro manage doctrine to the nth degree these contradictions would lead them to stop believing altogether and become atheists. (Some churches I know of will only use ALL CAPITOL letters for their "CHURCH OF CHRIST" sign because all Greek letters were capitalized and they don't want to have a bible name with unbiblical spelling )

For me the many thousands of people that knew Jesus and the Apostles and were willing to be martyred by the Romans for their beliefs is proof that Jesus is the Messiah. The discrepancies in the Bible show that the writers were merely mortals who were relaying their memories after the fact. The fact that they willingly died for their faith and were able to convert most of the known world is proof enough for me. You might get a few dozen nut jobs to die for a leader saying their comet is coming, but not many thousands of reputable people willing to suffer crucifixion or worse. For me this is proof that Christ is the Messiah and Christianity is a legitimate religion. They clearly believed very deeply in what they saw and heard.

I don't care if Genesis pre Abraham is oversimplified or that there are minor errors with the rest of the Bible before the book of Revelation (<- which, like parts of Genesis is not meant to be taken literally).
Well you know there were many that got crucified way before jesus and well after, but now if over half the world believe if you jump off a cliff at a certain age to be save is that good enough for you.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaaman2000 View Post
Which of these accounts is telling the truth about jesus crucifixion? Matt.28:1-20, Mark 16:1-19, Luke 24:1-52, or John 20:1-18, surly all of them can be true. This along tells you that something is wrong, but if you are blind you are blind, but if you are truly a child of The GREAT FATHER, THE ALL MIGHTY, THE CREATOR OF ALL, you will STOP and rethink and reread the old test and investigate all the so call prophecy that claim to be talking about jesus, and find out that they are really not. PLEASE understand that this is not about a certain denomination.
You know it is very funny how people would be very concern about receiving counterfeit money, and if any flaws we would question it deeply to reject it or not, but when it comes to the validation of truth concerning our salvation which have been taught to use (Jeremiah 16:19), and instead of (first Thess 5:12) we take for granted and will close our eyes or try to justify something which can not be proven, but neither the less, I still have not receive an provable answer to this original post out of all that have read this post.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:31 PM

7,883 posts, read 6,702,544 times
All these scriptures are anointed of God and believers are called to resist doubting the Word of God no matter what contradictions that we find in the History for promises of Christ made for HIS blessing ........ in all these scriptures Jesus rose from the dead and Mary Magdalene came out and became the first Evangelist for Jesus resurrection from the dead then Jesus made his witness to those who would believe and gave a command for the continuation of the Church of Christ, all the other details that tell different thing that happened are not to be questioned because of the sin of doubt, and if you really need to now the truth than you will have to remember the issue when you get to go to Heaven and all these details of truth will be reviled in Glory not here on the earth....Go and ask Jesus and he will get HIS Holy Spirit and tell you the same ......

Old 02-03-2011, 05:12 PM

20,335 posts, read 15,721,845 times
Quote:
Yes, the Old Testament prophecies were referring to Jesus.

I assume you're claiming that the gospels contradict each other with regard to how many angels there were, or how many women went to the tomb...etc. They do not. These alleged inconsistancies are easily answered, and have been.

Refer to the following sites.

AWOL: Andrew Wilson Online - Do the Resurrection Accounts Contradict Each Other? (http://aww.nttext.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=158&Item id=1 - broken link)

http://www.ankerberg.com/Articles/_P.../EC2W0305A.pdf

Old 02-03-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Yes, the Old Testament prophecies were referring to Jesus.

I assume you're claiming that the gospels contradict each other with regard to how many angels there were, or how many women went to the tomb...etc. They do not. These alleged inconsistancies are easily answered, and have been.

Refer to the following sites.

AWOL: Andrew Wilson Online - Do the Resurrection Accounts Contradict Each Other? (http://aww.nttext.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=158&Item id=1 - broken link)

http://www.ankerberg.com/Articles/_P.../EC2W0305A.pdf
A quick responds Not you nor anyone back in time nor this present time can anyone appear before a judge as a wittness based on someone else eyewittness account, if it was not the actual person then it will not hold up.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:01 PM

20,335 posts, read 15,721,845 times
Quote:
A quick responds Not you nor anyone back in time nor this present time can anyone appear before a judge as a wittness based on someone else eyewittness account, if it was not the actual person then it will not hold up.
Just refer to the sites that I provided. There are no contradictions in the gospels or anywhere else in the word of God.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Just refer to the sites that I provided. There are no contradictions in the gospels or anywhere else in the word of God.
Thank you i have read it, once again that is someone assumptions, I ask that you reread post #4 (provable) not assumptions, or maybe this or maybe, that that is were we all will get lost.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
One other, where do we get the concept that those are the word of God with in the new test. and this is proof as to when we assume or assumption are being made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or