U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 11:55 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,681,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
[/font]

Here is the "Light" of truth Phaze...it isn't that God created some portion of humanity for the sole purpose of burning in hell...it is that there is a portion of humanity who will not receive the Gift that He has so lovingly and mercifully given...FOR all who will...TO ALL WHO WILL.
That is not the issue you raised, the argument you used trying to support your beliefs is not one that actually brings truth. You argue here using religious beliefs rather than the light of truth, everyone posts scripture. All WILL because of the love and mercy of God.

Quote:

Here is the "Light" of truth Phaze...

Revelation 14:9 And the third Angel followed them saying with a loud voice, if any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is powered out without mixture into the cup of His indignation, and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone, in the presence of the holy Angels and the presence of the Lamb:

11 And the smoke of *their* [whose torment...? any man who worshipped the beast and his image, and received his mark in his forehead, or in his hand], torment ascendeth up forever and ever. And *they* [who...? any man who worshipped the beast and his image, and received his mark in his forehead, or in his hand], have no rest day or night, *who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

I retain the knowledge I have in my heart...and I receive it from God's Word and His Word alone. I believe what He says.

God Bless you.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His ytruth,
Verna
Everyone that has a perspective of God can call it truth and post scripture. None of that lends any more claim to the truth than when I post a scripture that defines my perspective.

The difference is seeing what freedom truly is.
You believe what you do and so do I. but the difference is that you teach something that is a mixture of the glimpse of freedom you see and the bondage of religion that still keeps your emotions tickled.

This is why when you try to teach the "mercy" of anihillation you have to teach the remnant of torment that goes along with it. You even use the words eternally tormented while trying to teach anihillation because your "version" of eternal torment is simply easier for you to stomach.

Your getting there, I have seen your process in transition in this forum. It is great.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:08 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,107,975 times
"Annihiliation is mercy?????????"

I think we need to get back to square 1, folks...

Annihiliation is FAILURE. It would completely dishonor God. For one, because He was not able to save His own creation. And two, because His own creation was not able to see Him as good and worthy of worship.

Peace,
Brian

Old 01-12-2011, 06:29 PM

5,500 posts, read 4,414,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
That is not the issue you raised, the argument you used trying to support your beliefs is not one that actually brings truth. You argue here using religious beliefs rather than the light of truth, everyone posts scripture. All WILL because of the love and mercy of God.

Everyone that has a perspective of God can call it truth and post scripture. None of that lends any more claim to the truth than when I post a scripture that defines my perspective.

The difference is seeing what freedom truly is.
You believe what you do and so do I. but the difference is that you teach something that is a mixture of the glimpse of freedom you see and the bondage of religion that still keeps your emotions tickled.

This is why when you try to teach the "mercy" of anihillation you have to teach the remnant of torment that goes along with it. You even use the words eternally tormented while trying to teach anihillation because your "version" of eternal torment is simply easier for you to stomach.

Your getting there, I have seen your process in transition in this forum. It is great.
Powerful post Phaze...I agree!

Annihilation = vengeance...contrary to forgiveness - imho

Last edited by ans57; 01-12-2011 at 07:44 PM..

Old 01-12-2011, 07:40 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,249,503 times
orientation x 3 is the basic neurological assesment performed on you when ever you come into contact with a health care giver.
sphere 1Do you know who you are? you have to asses yourself... who am i?
sphere 2Do you you know where you are? again you most asses yourself... where am i? you may have step way out of the caldera to even know you are in one.
sphere 3Do you know what today is? what year? [year is simply earth's proportional position in relation to sun] Do you know who's the president?..... the most important of these is do you know what's the time?

it is very important for carnal man to asses himself as often possible.

carnal man is a universe that contains many universes. we respect carnal man but those who are free indeed realise carnal man is only temporary... i have struggled with this analogy for quite a while but the best way i can describe carnal man is to equate it with an uncircumcised man...carnal man needs to be pushed back and cleansed often.
carnal man is easily caught up into carnal, petty and divisive affairs. perhaps it is not meant for carnal man to achieve self-actualization but self-actualization is available for the spirit/soul.

Last edited by gabfest; 01-12-2011 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: editted weird smileys

Old 01-14-2011, 11:27 PM

13,459 posts, read 21,199,786 times
closed

please see sticky at top of christian forum main page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or