U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 04:51 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,711,233 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V17WG...layer_embedded

Old 01-11-2011, 05:09 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,222,467 times
OH please...so God is taking it out on the birds?! please..get real!

Old 01-11-2011, 05:12 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,711,233 times
I'm sure she probably has a faithful audience and that's the sad part.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:13 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,566,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
OH please...so God is taking it out on the birds?! please..get real!
Damn gay birds! (BTW - I met this lady and worked with her briefly when she was a guest speaker at my church many years ago. YIKES!!!)

Old 01-11-2011, 05:16 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,747,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
damn gay birds! :d:d (btw - i met this lady and worked with her briefly when she was a guest speaker at my church many years ago. Yikes!!!)
lol!!

Old 01-11-2011, 06:03 AM

2,944 posts, read 2,250,876 times
that's disappointing and disturbing; besides that psycodelic purple leopard print she appeared intelligent before she began speaking.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:24 AM

3,540 posts, read 5,959,831 times
If she's correct, this could work out great in areas that are suffering from malnutrition.

Just do something evil in say, Sudan.
And a bunch of birds will fall down for the starving masses.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:09 AM

oh no! don't ask don't tell is affecting this site; it was down almost a hour.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy63 View Post
Fantastic point! Think this might have been how God provided quail for those whiney-baby Israelites?
and the fish.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:40 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,064,818 times
You're right, gabfest! I completely lost a lengthy post I'd been working on for over an hour; I submitted it and was "told" the connection was lost. God's clear message that He would no longer tolerate my Damned Atheistic Posts!, so there!

What's downright disturbing, but no longer unusual, is that the desperate mindset of fundy Christians will even consider such illogical tripe as this idea. Why would an all-knowing, all-powerful god, the very God with the power apparent in an Instant Universal Creation, communicate with us in the most ambiguous, unclear ways? That His anger is vaguely expressed in unrelated, illogical (I think I already used that word, didn't I?) demonstrations such as killing a small flock of His lovely red-wings. Is He that flippant, uncontrolled and unfocused?

As well, the vet's latest report indicated that these birds all died of some sort of blunt force trauma. I can see God now with His majorly large bug swatter, slicing the air and swearing at those "damned birds!".

No doubt we'll also find out soon that the fish die-off, in an unrelated event, died from some sort of virus, water-borne bacteria or chemical spill. All explicable and logical, unlike the mind of this charlatan speaker.

And did you'all catch her reference to the fact that the bird event occurred in BB, Ark, (huh?) and that that town's mayor's nickname is "BB". Wow, huh? That certainly sealed it for me, yuppers!

The sad thing is that there are many who will fearfully buy into this vast, organized silliness (oh, and then they send in that important donation to keep this lady on the air...). It's obvious that, given the factual lack and absence of a real and communicative God, the Church leaders must always read into and utilize such regular natural events, and pretend or present that this is in fact their God's continuing (and only?) way of speaking to the quivering, frightened or finger-waggling congregation.

Always by metaphor, never in the language of the day, yet He does make such audible communication when talking to Christians directly. "Cat got his tongue" if the audience is more than one?

As long as there's a continuum of such natural events, the Christian scam artists will always have "timely" proofs of their god's ways of communicating his anger with us.

And on that note, where's the culmination of terror and wrath that was to absolutely accompany the Haitian Earthquake? Those tsunamis? The rising frequencies and intensities of nasty earthquakes worldwide that clearly and absolutely foretold of the approaching End Times? A plague of locusts that occurred briefly in S. Africa this last year? Where?

Anyone? Anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or