U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 05:09 PM

910 posts, read 1,043,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Mat 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

What happens to the person that doesn't forgive others - What is their ultimate fate?
You make it look so easy. But you are looking at the most difficult scripture to practice. Forgiveness! But if you attempt it, it gives you peace. It is a manifestation of love. But I tell ya, it is easier said or written about than done! Good luck if you are practicing or well on your way. Godspeed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 05:23 PM

823 posts, read 1,081,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I think the ultimate fate for those who do not forgive, is a prison of their own making, where they remain in the torment of their own unforgiveness until they have suffered the full extent of the suffering they put on those they never forgave(paid the last farthing).
This really jumped out at me! Yes, so very true. I have grown quite distant to a close family member and have been emotionally tormented that I have not made an attempt to resolve this. My pastor spoke about forgiveness not long ago and this issue has been tugging at my heart, especially over the Christmas holidays.

Although it has been difficult. I have now made two baby steps towards forgiving this person and believe that this person also needs to forgive me as I feel an equal party to our division. My pride has been the one in the way and in the end keeping me from moving forward. My suffering will not ease until I know that I have done my very best at resolving the issue.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:50 PM

5,500 posts, read 4,415,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
This really jumped out at me! Yes, so very true. I have grown quite distant to a close family member and have been emotionally tormented that I have not made an attempt to resolve this. My pastor spoke about forgiveness not long ago and this issue has been tugging at my heart, especially over the Christmas holidays.

Although it has been difficult. I have now made two baby steps towards forgiving this person and believe that this person also needs to forgive me as I feel an equal party to our division. My pride has been the one in the way and in the end keeping me from moving forward. My suffering will not ease until I know that I have done my very best at resolving the issue.
Kat...from what I can glean from your posts (it jumps out of screen!) you have always forgiven those who wronged you...you evince a compassionate spirit!

Imho...forgiveness is not about hugging and allowing the person (those who wronged others with malicious intent) again into your life to do emotional damage again and again (this would serve no purpose at all.) I believe that forgiveness is about not returning evil for evil...rather, throwing bread (God's word) when one throws stones at you.

Blessings Kat...ans

Old 01-12-2011, 05:53 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,813,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Mat 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

What happens to the person that doesn't forgive others - What is their ultimate fate?
Matthew 6:15
But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

As told in a parable: Matthew 18:23-34
“Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. "
\\\\\\\\\\ end of parable/////////

Jesus concludes:
“This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart.” Matthew 18:35
And it is impossible to pay back "ALL" what is owed God. They will be tortured .... forever and ever

Old 01-12-2011, 06:38 PM

30,176 posts, read 19,976,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
They will be tortured .... forever and ever
This is the kind of comment only someone with no mercy in their heart would say. What is the purpose in saying such a thing ?.

Have you ever thought about walking in forgiveness towards the world, that you think is deserving of being tortured ?. Can you find it in yourself to say Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing, just like God was tolerant and patient with you and causing his goodness to bring you to repentance ?, or was you threatened with being tortured forever if you didn't believe ?, or his goodness had no part in your life at all,and never caused you to repent ?

Old 01-12-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
This is the kind of comment only someone with no mercy in their heart would say. What is the purpose in saying such a thing ?.

Have you ever thought about walking in forgiveness towards the world, that you think is deserving of being tortured ?. Can you find it in yourself to say Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing, just like God was tolerant and patient with you and causing his goodness to bring you to repentance ?, or was you threatened with being tortured forever if you didn't believe ?, or his goodness had no part in your life at all,and never caused you to repent ?
You have been quoted the very words of God ...by the Godman Jesus.

You either can "hear" them or make every kind of accusation, twisting of God's only source of what the Father's will is.

In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. "

..... This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart.” Matthew 18:35

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him.”

You need to stop persecuting the truth... twisting "all" into what Jesus never said or implied "all will be saved"

Old 01-12-2011, 08:51 PM

4,610 posts, read 3,961,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Imho...forgiveness is not about hugging and allowing the person (those who wronged others with malicious intent) again into your life to do emotional damage again and again (this would serve no purpose at all.) I believe that forgiveness is about not returning evil for evil
That is a wonderful comment. Very insightful.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:04 PM

30,176 posts, read 19,976,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
You have been quoted the very words of God ...by the Godman Jesus.

You either can "hear" them or make every kind of accusation, twisting of God's only source of what the Father's will is.

In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. "

..... This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart.” Matthew 18:35

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him.”

You need to stop persecuting the truth... twisting "all" into what Jesus never said or implied "all will be saved"
Why do you believe God is metering out the torture in some sick twisted freakish way, we are tortured in prison by our own doings, reaping what we have sown,and only when we have suffered the full extent of what we have metered out to others will we be freed.Christian are certainly not immune from this,and claiming you believe the bible is inspired will not save you from it too.You can bet you bottom dollar this prison Jesus refers to is full with bible believers.

Ask yourself who is the Jailer metering out the torture.For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

So you better watch out because this unmerciful message you believe in, is going to find you out,and put you in that same prison you are unmercifully condemning others into.You will reap what you sow if you carry on believing how you do.

Last edited by pcamps; 01-12-2011 at 09:16 PM..

Old 01-12-2011, 09:16 PM

823 posts, read 1,081,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Kat...from what I can glean from your posts (it jumps out of screen!) you have always forgiven those who wronged you...you evince a compassionate spirit!

Imho...forgiveness is not about hugging and allowing the person (those who wronged others with malicious intent) again into your life to do emotional damage again and again (this would serve no purpose at all.) I believe that forgiveness is about not returning evil for evil...rather, throwing bread (God's word) when one throws stones at you.

Blessings Kat...ans
Thank you Ans you are such a good CD friend

Yes I do agree with what you are saying and after making this one last attempt I will then be able to know I did my best and will trust then that God will know my heart and if it is not meant to be so be it!

Old 01-12-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Why do you believe God is metering out the torture in some sick twisted freakish way, we are tortured in prison by our own doings, reaping what we have sown,and only when we have suffered the full extent of what we have metered out to others will we be freed.Christian are certainly not immune from this,and claiming you believe the bible is inspired will not save you from it too.

Ask yourself who is the Jailer metering out the torture.

So you better watch out because this unmerciful message you believe in, is going to find you out,and put you in that same prison you are unmercifully condemning others into.You will reap what you sow if you carry on believing how you do.

I only repeat of what ALL Jesus is says... not twist them into something that God nor Jesus ever said or implied.

You have the problem with "ALL" of what Jesus says.

fyi ... Jesus doesn't say who the jailers are...but they aren't "loving"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity