U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 10:25 PM

6,221 posts, read 6,410,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This is the kind of comment only someone with no mercy in their heart would say. What is the purpose in saying such a thing ?.

Have you ever thought about walking in forgiveness towards the world, that you think is deserving of being tortured ?. Can you find it in yourself to say Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing, just like God was tolerant and patient with you and causing his goodness to bring you to repentance ?, or was you threatened with being tortured forever if you didn't believe ?, or his goodness had no part in your life at all,and never caused you to repent ?
Its ironic. Here we are discussing what happens when you have no forgiveness in your heart, and then a comment like that is made.

To be honest I don't think twin.spin realizes what he is saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 10:26 PM

30,257 posts, read 20,007,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I only repeat of what ALL Jesus is says... not twist them into something that God nor Jesus ever said or implied.

You have the problem with "ALL" of what Jesus says.

fyi ... Jesus doesn't say who the jailers are...but they aren't "loving"
Twin i would go as far to say you are in that prison now. There is no way you can show the same mercy that as been shown to, believing like you do,it's impossible to do so.

He doesn't say whether it's physical or mental torture too, but i know for certain it's mental torture.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:52 PM

5,500 posts, read 4,419,965 times
Quote:
Why do you believe God is metering out the torture in some sick twisted freakish way, we are tortured in prison by our own doings, reaping what we have sown,and only when we have suffered the full extent of what we have metered out to others will we be freed.

You will reap what you sow if you carry on believing how you do.
We reap what we sow...this I believe...

Old 01-13-2011, 09:34 AM

11,825 posts, read 9,823,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Its ironic. Here we are discussing what happens when you have no forgiveness in your heart, and then a comment like that is made.

To be honest I don't think twin.spin realizes what he is saying.
Well legoman,
Honestly your reactions don't surprise me. With what Jesus says, there are no paper bag excuses that UR theology can use.

I know very well what I'm saying .... you quite honestly don't want to realize what Jesus is saying, which has been the issue.

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him.”

Matthew 18:23-34
In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. "

..... This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart.” Matthew 18:35

Old 01-13-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Twin i would go as far to say you are in that prison now. There is no way you can show the same mercy that as been shown to, believing like you do,it's impossible to do so.

He doesn't say whether it's physical or mental torture too, but i know for certain it's mental torture.

In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. "

..... This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart.” Matthew 18:35
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him.”

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

pcamps,

Your attempting to justify the accusation of God has gotten to the ridiculous. Your opposition to any scriptures that has Jesus revealing that God's wrath remains is because you're deliberately not wanting to see\hear it.

God’s wrath remains on him ------ is the truth and is part of God's will
"In anger his master turned him
to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. " .... is based on the truth and is part of God's will

This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless ...... is a fact

Last edited by twin.spin; 01-13-2011 at 10:28 AM..

Old 01-13-2011, 10:17 AM

You will be treated to the consequences of your own ways. Whether you believe or not, there's no escape for you Twin too, you will remain in the prison you are in through being merciless until you have paid in full.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:19 AM

6,221 posts, read 6,410,723 times
Quote:

Matt 18
34 In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. 35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”

What are these verses actually saying?

This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.

It is not saying you will be tortured forever. It is saying you will go through a torture of your own making unless you forgive. The jailer tortures until all is paid - until you forgive your brother.

Reading eternal torture into these 2 verses is only showing your personal bias.

So wrt the OP, we see that what happens to those who don't forgive is that they will go through their own tortuous prison until they do forgive. Since God is reconciling all things, bringing all together in harmony under Christ, so that God will be all in all, we can know that all will eventually be forgiven.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
You will be treated to the consequences of your own ways. Whether you believe or not, there's no escape for you Twin too, you will remain in the prison you are in through being merciless until you have paid in full.
http://http.cdnlayer.com/cf/images/smilies/onion/notlistening.gif (broken link) Don't confuse me Jesus .... I like my little game of "who knows it all"

God’s
wrath remains on him ------
"In anger his master turned him
to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. " .... Matthew 18:23-34

This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless ...... Matthew 18:35

Old 01-13-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Don't confuse me Jesus .... I like my little game of "who knows it all"

God’s wrath remains on him ------ John 3:36
"In anger his master turned him to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. " .... Matthew 18:23-34

This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless ...... Matthew 18:35

So who is doing the torturing God or the Jailer ? or both ?

You reap what you sow, it's as simple as that , and your Jailer is what you have sown, what you have sown throws you in prison and your torment is the consequence of what you have sown.

Calling yourself a bible believer or christian does not mak you immune .

Old 01-13-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
So who is doing the torturing God or the Jailer ? or both ?

You reap what you sow, it's as simple as that , and your Jailer is what you have sown, what you have sown throws you in prison and your torment is the consequence of what you have sown.

Calling yourself a bible believer or christian does not make you immune .
The point of a parable is not who is specifically is whom, but the object lesson. Jesus' point: God will take back his mercy from the wicked and they will be shown no mercy.

Once you figure that out..then you will see that there will be two different groups of people
  • few vs many
  • sheep vs goats
  • righteous vs unrighteous
  • those who are blessed vs those who are cursed
  • those who have eternal life vs those who are eternally damned
  • God's will is to save those who believe
  • God's will is assign those who reject to the torment meant for the devil and his angels

For now you have a choice:

God’s wrath remains on him ------ John 3:36
"In anger his master turned him to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. " .... Matthew 18:23-34

or

Don't confuse me Jesus .... I like my little game of "who knows it all"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity