Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 07:42 PM

6,370 posts, read 6,986,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
And it is impossible to pay back "ALL" what is owed God. They will be tortured .... forever and ever
But here is what it says:

Mat 18:26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
Mat 18:27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.

Remember, the Master forgives the servant at first therefore the debt couldn't have been to great to forgive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 08:50 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,418,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
But here is what it says:

Mat 18:26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
Mat 18:27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.

Remember, the Master forgives the servant at first therefore the debt couldn't have been to great to forgive.
Yes .. and when the servant didn't recipocate that toward his fellow servant, God called him on it and recharged him back the debt...a dept that the master knew was unable to be paid back.

This wicked servant is now accountable for his debt ... a debt that he is unable to pay. Therefore his torture will last indefinitely...because "he was unable to pay".

The ammigo's know darn well that there is no other explanation ... which is why it took little or he go time to go from the ridiculous to the balistic ridiculous and start the op about the greek meaning of "torture" .....

anybody objectively can see the rabidness of the mentality of those defending UR theology .... we are literally viewing an unglueing.

"Rabid" ...webster's dic. :

a : extremely violent : furious
b : going to extreme lengths in expressing or pursuing a feeling, interest, or opinion <rabid editorials> <a rabid supporter

Old 01-13-2011, 09:13 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,045,767 times
Quote:
Yes .. and when the servant didn't recipocate that toward his fellow servant, God called him on it and recharged him back the debt...a dept that the master knew was unable to be paid back.

This wicked servant is now accountable for his debt ... a debt that he is unable to pay. Therefore his torture will last indefinitely...because "he was unable to pay".

The ammigo's know darn well that there is no other explanation ... which is why it took little or he go time to go from the ridiculous to the balistic ridiculous and start the op about the greek meaning of "torture" .....

anybody objectively can see the rabidness of the mentality of those defending UR theology .... we are literally viewing an unglueing.

b : going to extreme lengths in expressing or pursuing a feeling, interest, or opinion <rabid editorials> <a rabid supporter
Twin

There is a way to pay the debt, but you are refusing to see it.

Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold TO REPAY THE DEBT.

This should be a warning to all of us not to be unforgiving and showing no mercy,because the price of it it effects all those dear to us as well

Old 01-13-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:

Then sin is no longer debt if it can't be paid back. Otherwise, the unforgiving servant has robbed and continued to rob the master for the rest of eternity without the master EVER being able to exact the return on the debt. This means the master never gets even - only continues to try to get even for the rest of eternity.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Then sin is no longer debt if it can't be paid back. Otherwise, the unforgiving servant has robbed and continued to rob the master for the rest of eternity without the master EVER being able to exact the return on the debt. This means the master never gets even - only continues to try to get even for the rest of eternity.
Four points and I'll leave it up between the rabidness of the ridiculous attempts to have it say anything ..just anything other than obvious and Jesus final comment about it.

1. The dept was canceled because of mercy (pity) nothing else.
I'm surprised that you guy's refuse to pick up on that ...that's basic UR 101 !
2. The servant doesn't continue to rob because he is no longer a free man.

3. What troubles you guys is that:
  • the servant has the power to reject the mercy shown ... which UR theology says not so
  • The master gets ANGRY and negates the mercy given ... which UR theology says not so
  • The master orders the servant tortured ... which UR theology goes rabid over
  • The torturing goes on till the servant pays it in full (he pleaded "I" himself. no collateral).... which UR says not so, he's URed
  • Because the servant is unable to pay, he is tortured forever and ever ....which UR theology might as well go nuclear
4. And the worst of all is when Jesus says the truth, this is God's will :
This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart.”

Those who "hear" .... hear
Those who don't ..... UR yourself

The good news ... the dept of sin is CANCELLED because of the masters mercy. Praise God!!!

The bad news .... those who reject the masters mercy, God's wrath remains on him

Old 01-14-2011, 01:12 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,160,537 times
Quote:
  • the servant has the power to reject the mercy shown ...
  • The master gets ANGRY and negates the mercy given ...
  • The master orders the servant tortured ...
  • The torturing goes on till the servant pays it in full ...
  • Because the servant is unable to pay, he is tortured forever and ever ...

"The death of Christ caught man’s fancy for sacrifice, but his life and speech caught mine."

Old 01-14-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Four points and I'll leave it up between the rabidness of the ridiculous attempts to have it say anything ..just anything other than obvious and Jesus final comment about it.

1. The dept was canceled because of mercy (pity) nothing else.
I'm surprised that you guy's refuse to pick up on that ...that's basic UR 101 !
2. The servant doesn't continue to rob because he is no longer a free man.

3. What troubles you guys is that:
  • the servant has the power to reject the mercy shown ... which UR theology says not so
  • The master gets ANGRY and negates the mercy given ... which UR theology says not so
  • The torturing goes on till the servant pays it in full (he pleaded "I" himself. no collateral).... which UR says not so, he's URed
  • Because the servant is unable to pay, he is tortured forever and ever ....which UR theology might as well go nuclear
4. And the worst of all is when Jesus says the truth, this is God's will :
This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart.”

Those who "hear" .... hear
Those who don't ..... UR yourself

The good news ... the dept of sin is CANCELLED because of the masters mercy. Praise God!!!

The bad news .... those who reject the masters mercy, God's wrath remains on him
Think about what your saying Twin.spin. Your saying that if we sin so much that we have acquired more debt then can be paid back then never mind trying to follow Christ. You already went to far. So go ahead and sin away, you already crossed the point of no return.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:47 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,045,767 times
Default If the light in you is Darkness, how great is your Darkness

Seriously have you ever known anyone in need of mercy to reject it? Exactly!!!!!!!!, Yea just fry me, take my head off, from me in prison and throw away the key
Rigteous anger, not human anger that as no intention of correction.
The master ordered him over to reap what he'd sown
If the servant had not pleaded mercy this is how he would have(not might have), he was going to have to pay the debt simple as that.

Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to REPAY THE DEBT.
See above

Old 01-15-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Think about what your saying Twin.spin. Your saying that if we sin so much that we have acquired more debt then can be paid back then never mind trying to follow Christ. You already went to far. So go ahead and sin away, you already crossed the point of no return.
No....that is what you what it to say.

the dept of sin is CANCELLED because of the masters mercy.

those who reject the masters mercy, God's wrath remains on him

Old 01-15-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
No....that is what you what it to say.

the dept of sin is CANCELLED because of the masters mercy.

those who reject the masters mercy, God's wrath remains on him
If the debt was cancelled then there is no longer sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity