U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 05:58 AM

6,370 posts, read 5,814,234 times

Advertisements

Mat 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

What happens to the person that doesn't forgive others - What is their ultimate fate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 06:24 AM

32,221 posts, read 21,094,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Mat 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

What happens to the person that doesn't forgive others - What is their ultimate fate?
It's interesting because those who are not being forgiven their trespasses by man, have been forgiven them by God. Because he would never ask us to do something he would not do himself.

I think the ultimate fate for those who do not forgive, is a prison of their own making, where they remain in the torment of their own unforgiveness until they have suffered the full extent of the suffering they put on those they never forgave(paid the last farthing).

Old 01-11-2011, 06:36 AM

17,966 posts, read 12,928,743 times
Quote:

It has to do with offenses or trespasses. It was said to the Jews whose God was their Father. This was said specifically to His (Christ's) disciples (Matt.5:2). We know those disciples will make it for their names are all written over the 12 gates of the new city Jerusalem and they will sit on 12 thrones judging the 12 tribes of Israel.

The Jews must maintain righteousness or they just won't make it in the kingdom Christ is going to set up on the earth. When He returns with his messengers/angels He is going to cull out of Israel all who are offending and cast them into outer darkness to live among the nations.

Mat 13:41 The Son of Mankind shall be dispatching His messengers,
and they shall be culling out of His kingdom all the snares and those
doing lawlessness,

This does not mean they will never be saved after the millennial reign. And what if they are later cast into the second death? Paul says that death will be abolished in 1 Corinthians 15:22-28 and God will then be All in all. It will take a while but eventually they will be saved too.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:53 AM

I also believe that the "few saved" mentality is also an unforgiveness mentality.

How many ET'ers and annihilators do you see on this forum condemning those that do not believe to hell ?.

Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.Luke 6:37.

If i'm reading this scripture right, the ET'er and annihilator are condemned too..

Old 01-11-2011, 09:33 AM

4,609 posts, read 4,112,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I think the ultimate fate for those who do not forgive, is a prison of their own making
Wow, that is definitely true, whether we are religious or not. I recall holding grudges against people in the past, but the more I let them go, the better I felt.

I never have liked the saying, "Don't get mad. Get even." That is not the way to live your life.

Quote:
Do not judge, and you will not be judged.
Sounds familiar, Pcamps. Didn't a wise man say something like that 2000 yeras ago?

Old 01-11-2011, 12:22 PM

5,441 posts, read 4,865,384 times
Quote:

The lake of fire to be tormented for eternity.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:24 PM

40,043 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
By the epitome of forgiveness our loving Almighty God ???? . . . Riiiight!!!

Old 01-11-2011, 12:28 PM

62,987 posts, read 34,302,543 times
Quote:
I also believe that the "few saved" mentality is also an unforgiveness mentality.

How many ET'ers and annihilators do you see on this forum condemning those that do not believe to hell ?.

Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.Luke 6:37.

If i'm reading this scripture right, the ET'er and annihilator are condemned too..
Eeeehh....you just judged and condemned a whole bunch of people

It's ok, I forgive you.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Eeeehh....you just judged and condemned a whole bunch of people

It's ok, I forgive you.
I was pointing out that condemning folk to hell, that is where you will end up yourself buddy,and will remain there until you have paid your way out.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:19 PM

6,370 posts, read 5,814,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Here is an unforgiving person, so tell me again what the ultimate fate of this unforgiving person is:

Mat 18:34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity