U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 08:35 PM

2,531 posts, read 1,941,503 times

Advertisements

Choice only comes when God calls you. Jesus said, "Many are called but few are chosen [elected]." You are elected if you answer the call. Your choice at that time/times. He also said, "I stand at the door in knock, if any many hears my voice and opens up, I will come in, and he will sup with Me and I with Him." When you hear His knocking, you have the choice to open up your heart to Him! It is not that we love Him first says the scripture but that He loves us first and does the knocking. At that time/times we can open up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 01:28 AM

15 posts, read 13,210 times
I'd like to agree, but as I don't believe in the Bible I don't. I have no choice over my beliefs. For whatever reason, I can't chose to believe in God or to not believe in God. My brain has some mechanism in which is automatically assesses benefits and rationality of a belief vs consequences and irrationality of a belief and I automatically chose one or the other. Despite whatever the myths of an ancient culture say, I can't pick and chose beliefs. If I could, I'd be a Platonist, because I find Plato's World of Ideas to be much more encapsulating and beautiful than any other world view in the history of thought, but I can't find that choice within me.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:48 AM

7,857 posts, read 6,662,302 times
As people find the Lord through obedience to His commands and the Lord is helpful in their walk with Him, they will have the desire to get rid of all sin from their lives, and all these will need a calling for their ministries to the Lord ......... See Children of God get developed in the Life with the Lord calling of the Lord will come as the desire to help others for the Lord is an inbreed in the spirit that the Lord puts in His Children ....... All the children of God are called into be ministries for the Lord in a variety of calling for the purpose of the Lord ...... All calling come with pre-requisites which is the be ministers of their home families first .... then minister to others after ....... See all these callings to the Lord are honor to the Lord and are there for the children of God who are hungry for the things of the Lord which we all are called by the Royal Will of The Lord ................. But if our passions are warm and cold to the things of the Lord or we are critical or fearful of the working of the ways and callings and studies of the Word of the Lord and fall in to neglect were we turn to naturalism then we will have to choose whether we are to move closer to God and serve him in calling or having any faith to know Him more........In Revelations 3: 15-21..... Jesus said ``I know your works , that you are neither cold or hot. I would you were cold or hot . so because you are lukewarm, I will spue you out of my mouth......verse19-..As many as I love , I rebuke, and chasten, be zealous, therefore and repent``.............See the Lord will is to be strong in the Lord choosing Him and Him alone

Old 08-22-2011, 01:25 PM

672 posts, read 536,555 times
sc

Quote:
Yes, serving God is a choice
No its not, at least not ours. God has ordained that a seed shall serve Him..

Ps 22:30

A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity