Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 01:26 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times

Advertisements

Sisterkat, if you are everyday under the judgment of the great white throne and in the lake of fire than you are not in the book of life. So which it is? Either you are not under judgment every day and in the book of life or you are under the judgment of the GWT and not in the book of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 02:14 PM

823 posts, read 1,401,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Sisterkat, if you are everyday under the judgment of the great white throne and in the lake of fire than you are not in the book of life. So which it is? Either you are not under judgment every day and in the book of life or you are under the judgment of the GWT and not in the book of life.
I do not believe in a literal fire and a book..... I believe in a new heart which one can only receive if God truly knows us and we are truly at-one with Him. If we are living by his Laws, following Jesus' teachings. We will all come to know the truth one day and have an opportunity to follow his laws either in this age or another. In the meantime we shall continue to reap what we sow in the hear and now.

What do you truly believe Eusebius one must do to have ones name listed in that book of life? At this point, if there is a book, I only believe a few names are posted in it..... the narrow path is hard to find as we are still reaping what we have sown in the here and now. The vast majority of us still have a very long way to go.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:27 PM

Sisterkat, How do you know you are being judged every day if you never read about it? Just osmosis? You never read the bible?

Old 01-12-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Sisterkat, How do you know you are being judged every day if you never read about it? Just osmosis? You never read the bible?
Of course I do. Where does it say that one is not already reaping what we sow? I want to know what it takes to get my name in that book!

Old 01-12-2011, 02:42 PM

If you are in Christ you are in like Flyn.

P.S. "reaping what we sow" has to do with giving money to those teaching you and receiving the good teachings they give due to the support.
That is how Paul used it.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:46 PM

Naturally, when we still live out of harmony with God, we feel no particular need to judge ourselves. Or, as Paul said in 1 Corinthians 11:31, "For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged."

If the man accepts the will of God, he is the child of the Father, the whole power and wealth of the Father is for him, and the uttermost farthing will easily be paid. If the man denies the debt, or acknowledging does nothing towards paying it, then he will be in darkness until he sees the light.

Galatians 6:7-8: "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting."

We are sowing and reaping in the flesh. Right here, right now!
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 01-12-2011, 04:01 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Though i agree with this,i also believe grace and forgiveness can cancel out the law of reaping what we have sown

Old 01-12-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Though i agree with this,i also believe grace and forgiveness can cancel out the law of reaping what we have sown
Yes, I do also believe this.
Forgiveness and the restoration of harmony are actually one and the same.

Yes, so when we are in harmony with God they are neatly mentioned in conjunction with one another: Romans 4:7-8 Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, and whose sins are covered; blessed is the man to whom the LORD shall not impute sin."

Old 01-13-2011, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Naturally, when we still live out of harmony with God, we feel no particular need to judge ourselves. Or, as Paul said in 1 Corinthians 11:31, "For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged."

If the man accepts the will of God, he is the child of the Father, the whole power and wealth of the Father is for him, and the uttermost farthing will easily be paid. If the man denies the debt, or acknowledging does nothing towards paying it, then he will be in darkness until he sees the light.

Galatians 6:7-8: "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting."

Dear SisterKat, here is the context of the verse of sowing and reaping:

Gal 6:4-10 Now let each one be testing his own work, and then he shall
be having his boast for himself alone, and not for another, (5) for each
one shall be bearing his own load. (6) Now let him who is being
instructed in the word be contributing to him who is instructing, in all good
things." (7) Be not decived, God is not to be sneered at, for whatsoever
a man may be sowing, this shall he be reaping also, (8) for he who is
sowing for his own flesh, from the flesh shall be reaping corruption, yet he
who is sowing for the spirit, from the spirit shall be reaping life eonian."
(9) Now we may not be despondent in ideal doing, for in due season we
shall be reaping, if we do not faint." (10) Consequently, then, as we
have occasion, we are working for the good of all, yet specially for the
family of faith."

Paul is not teaching that one actually earns the eonian life of the future.
Notice the main Point Paul is presenting is concerning contributing (sowing) to him who is instructing, in all good things." And then he brings up that what one sows that shall he reap. If you sow (contribute) to the flesh, rather than contributing to him who is instructing in the church you will be reaping corruption.

What does Paul mean by reaping corruption? It means if the body of believers does not contribute to the one instructing they will not receive the good teaching they need and thus will enter into corrupting influences.
What does Paul mean by "in due season we shall be reaping"? It is talking about in this life. We all have our seasons in this life like a farmer who sows and then in the right season reaps in this life. Paul wants those Galatian believers to know that if they do contribute to their instructor that they will reap in the due season in this life.

This brings us now to "from the spirit shall be reaping life eonian." Those who contribute to the one instructing the ecclesia are sowing (contributing) to the spirit (the energizing force) and as such the Galatians will be reaping or enjoying in this life the type of life they will enjoy in the far off future. They won't be entering into corrpting influences of the flesh.

Then Paul ends it by stating we are working for the family of faith. In other words, we work like Paul worked as a tent maker and the proceeds from that work, money earned was used to help the family of faith. Paul said he would be bankrupt for the believers if that's what it took. So the sowing and reaping has eveything to do with giving to our instructors.

Does this help?

Old 01-13-2011, 01:31 PM

Just as surely as everything in nature reproduces after its kind, harvests being as sure as sowings, so every one of us will reap what we sow in this life and be solely responsible for our destiny in eternity (CP Ga 6:7-8). This is God's law of sowing and reaping and it applies to every aspect of our Christian walk - to the giving of ourselves, our finances and our time to others; our moral behaviour and our Christian service. V8 clearly teaches that anyone who claims to be born again of the Spirit of God while consciously sowing to the flesh deceives themselves. It is foolish for them to think that they will reap eternal life in the highest of heavens while they sow to things that will stagnate them. This is also how judgement day is every day until final judgement comes.

So when we Love God and Love one Another, this truly sets for a very good life harvest and the sowing of abundant crops. When one increasingly becomes more at-one with our Father, our harvest (our life) is much more meaningful and we are truly sowing great spiritual rewards.

This is why I ask God for his Divine Love daily so that I can strengthen my relationship with him. It keeps me grounded, on the straight and narrow and my harvest has been much more abundant when I am in-line with him.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity