U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 06:15 AM

58,610 posts, read 31,995,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Of cause you are,you believe what Hitler did was unfair,
Again, those are your words, so don't try to put them in my mouth.

Quote:
and do not insult our intelligence to say otherwise, and turn around then to say it's ok and fair that God sending billions into eternal ovens is fair.
Again, those are your words, so don't try to put them in my mouth.

Quote:
Death is not eternal torment,
Yet, you compare God's plan to what Hitler's murders.

Quote:
How come if you believe it's fair to kill and eternally burn folk , you don't do the same, because if it's an attribute of God i would have thought you would want to possess that same attribute. No wonder we have so many nutters in the world doing things in the name of christianity
Burning people are your words, not mine. You need to stop putting words into my mouth. Seriously.

Do you want to possess all the same attributes as God? Then why don't you drown people as He did in the flood, or burn them alive as God did at Sodom and Gomorrah? You won't, because deep inside even you understand that God is different from us. His ways are not our ways. The Bible says so.

However, everything you said proves that you are still trying to use your limited human logic and sense of justice to figure out God. As long as you do that, you will never succeed. You only end up misunderstanding God and putting Him on trial as you are doing now.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:31 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,119,569 times
Default For your personal reflection..

Three verses that came to mind today:

"By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil." Prov. 16.6

and

"And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts." Haggai 2.7

and

"And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." Jer. 31.34

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirits!
Brian

Old 01-13-2011, 06:37 AM

30,296 posts, read 20,040,776 times
Finn

You believe what hitler did was unfair, you believe the 9/11 attack was unfair ?, you believe all the atrocities you see on the news as unfair. You believe God throwing those who do not believe your message end up in eternal flames is fair .Well do you ?

No i am not into drowning folk, neither is God,what you see played out in the OT is a law. The law of Sowing and reaping,it's a law set in place by God, just like the law of gravity so quit attributing God for everything evil you see.

Comparing God's plan with Hitlers ? , are you serious, i am comparing your sense of fairness, it's unfair what Hitler and his like did, but casting folk by the billions into eternal flames is fair, you need help mate.

Last edited by pcamps; 01-13-2011 at 06:46 AM..

Old 01-13-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
The devil doesn't mind our worshiping God if it doesn't require change. - Bill Johnson
He also loves watching christians trying to change and fail,and also christians who boast they have changed and don't sin without confessing too "it was by the grace of God and that alone whereby i changed".

Old 01-13-2011, 06:43 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,056,021 times
Quote:
He also loves watching christians trying to change and fail,and also christians who boast they have changed and don't sin without confessing too "it was by the grace of God and that alone whereby i changed".
pcamps, LOL, that is such wonderful news, thanks for sharing...

Old 01-13-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
pcamps, LOL, that is such wonderful news, thanks for sharing...
To be quite honest Latte i really don't care what the devil minds and doesn't mind,most of us got screwed up in our heads by doing so.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
To be quite honest i really don't care what the devil minds and doesn't mind,most of us got screwed up in our heads by doing so.
I'm so happy you don't.... Thanks for sharing....

Old 01-13-2011, 07:29 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,765,870 times
Quote:
To be quite honest Latte i really don't care what the devil minds and doesn't mind,most of us got screwed up in our heads by doing so.
Quote:
I'm so happy you don't.... Thanks for sharing....
OMG is that you Latte' Chic???? Why'd you change your name? You had me worried, thought something had happened to you!!

Old 01-13-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
OMG is that you Latte' Chic???? Why'd you change your name? You had me worried, thought something had happened to you!!
I was bored one day and it came to my mind. Family and friends call me the munchkin and I'm always on the computer, so, why not...
LOL

Old 01-13-2011, 07:32 AM

351 posts, read 283,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Universal Reconciliation is based on emotions, not faith. Those who subscribe to this doctrine do not "feel" the fairness of eternal torment for those who die in their sins, so they choose to believe in another way based on their emotions -- and that's not faith. All it takes is a few statements from those who hold to Universal Reconciliation to realize the motive behind their doctrine.

So, how do they do it? By cherry-picking. They take from scripture what they like, and then proceed to say that other parts of the scriptures have been mistranslated. How convenient. While they can't deny the existence of a God, unlike atheists, they are still unbelievers; they do not hold to the doctrine of Jesus Christ.

I haven't read the rest of the thread yet so I don't know if this has been addressed but I think ET is more based on emotions than Faith. As a human I can understand how someone, and I used to do this too, can feel that some people deserve to burn in Hell forever. People that hurt other for pleasure or gain, monsters like Hitler or Stalin, child molesters, or someone I feel doesn't deserve mercy. Those people should be and deserve Hell. I used to think that, and that is emotion.

As I read and understand more I relize Faith is understanding God knows what he is doing. His ways are high that mine. He is not about vengence but about correction, repentance and love. ET and UR will never agree about the character of God. We both believe in God just in a differant character of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity