Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 02:02 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Jesus Christ is my Saviour what fact must I face?
yeah,me too.Jesus died for everyone,not just those whom some would choose.
Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-13-2011 at 10:38 AM..

Old 01-12-2011, 02:10 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Don't confuse human love with divine love -- which UR appears to do. Make no mistake about it, we can love the Lord with our human emotions, but that won't hold up during the fiery trails; that takes divine love.

Divine love bows down in humility to whatever the Lord says or does -- whether our flesh likes it or not. Jesus' flesh did not want to go to Calvary, but divine love rose up and He finished the Father's will. Thank God!
It is Gods LOVE I am talking about, a LOVE that compasses the whole world. Human love only compasses themselves, thus human love is shown in ET while Gods LOVE is shown in the salvation of all.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:13 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Quote:
Your post just proved my point. UR's exclaim that "it's not just!", "how unfair!". UR's need to face the fact that they are unbelievers.

Ezekiel 18
[25] Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?
[26] When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.[27] Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.
[28] Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
[29] Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?
[30] Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.
[31] Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
The very verses your quoting shows the wicked will DIE! Not that they will have ETERNAL LIFE in a lake of fire. Those verses you quoted are contradicting what your preaching.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:13 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
Quote:
Your post just proved my point. UR's exclaim that "it's not just!", "how unfair!". UR's need to face the fact that they are unbelievers.
That is an inflammatory remark and is certainly a lie. The OP is nothing but lies about UR's and I don't know how you're getting away with this.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:21 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Now does that really seem FAIR? Obviously not.

That's the thing. They believe whatever "seems" right. They trust their feelings, logic and human sense of justice as opposed to trusting the word of God.

What you just said is a common UR argument: It can't be true because it's not FAIR. The problem is that you define FAIR using your human emotions and understanding of justice.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:24 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's the thing. They believe whaever "seems" right. They trust their feelings, logic and human sense of justice as opposed to trusting the word of God.
This is what I don't understand. Why were we born with feelings, logic, heart, emotions, thoughts, a sense of justice and fairness - if we are supposed to throw all that out the window? Just doesn't make sense to me. So basically - stop thinking and feeling and just believe something that doesn't make sense to you? I don't get it. If I look at the color purple, and I know it's purple, I simply can't believe that it's green.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:50 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's the thing. They believe whatever "seems" right. They trust their feelings, logic and human sense of justice as opposed to trusting the word of God.

What you just said is a common UR argument: It can't be true because it's not FAIR. The problem is that you define FAIR using your human emotions and understanding of justice.
Finn_Jarber, there is not a "whatever". Things are being carefully considered and reasonably researched to find the Truth. It is the anti-universal position that hasn't considered or researched as thoroughly the SURE Word of God. Remember most universalists had at one time embraced Eternal Torment and Annihilationism. Those things are now left behind for them. They have been persuaded by better evidence of God's Power and Nature. So we know that anyone that holds the belief of annhilationism or Eternal Torment can leave them behind also and embrace a better understanding of God's Word and become closer to the Lord. But how will they be persuaded? Shall they leave the comfort of their congregations of error? Will they disaasociate themselves with the doctrines of hate and fear? If God persuades them, they WILL.

Fairness is to accomplish in us what God purposed for us for each and everyone one of us which is to become His Children exhibiting His Divine nature.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:50 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,017,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
it is gods love i am talking about, a love that compasses the whole world. Human love only compasses themselves, thus human love is shown in et while gods love is shown in the salvation of all.
amen!

Old 01-12-2011, 03:56 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Universal Reconciliation is based on emotions, not faith. Those who subscribe to this doctrine do not "feel" the fairness of eternal torment for those who die in their sins, so they choose to believe in another way based on their emotions -- and that's not faith. All it takes is a few statements from those who hold to Universal Reconciliation to realize the motive behind their doctrine.

So, how do they do it? By cherry-picking. They take from scripture what they like, and then proceed to say that other parts of the scriptures have been mistranslated. How convenient. While they can't deny the existence of a God, unlike atheists, they are still unbelievers; they do not hold to the doctrine of Jesus Christ.
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.1 John 4:18

Perfect love drives out fear , how come Fundy's preach fear of ET then, haven't they got this one the wrong way round ?

Fear has to do with punishment, could this be the reason the Fundy uses fear like faith, and that is why he is always talking up punishment of sin, condemnation of sin, judgement of sin ?.Does he really possess faith in Jesus,or fear of eternal torment ?

The one who fears is not made perfect in love, is this the reason the Fundy can not comprehend unconditional love ?.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:00 PM

823 posts, read 1,401,301 times
Quote:
Don't confuse human love with divine love -- which UR appears to do. Make no mistake about it, we can love the Lord with our human emotions, but that won't hold up during the fiery trails; that takes divine love.

Divine love bows down in humility to whatever the Lord says or does -- whether our flesh likes it or not. Jesus' flesh did not want to go to Calvary, but divine love rose up and He finished the Father's will. Thank God!
I do believe in a difference. Human (natural) love and Divine Love. To me it is Divine Love that takes us to the narrow path. Although I also believe that those that do not find Divine Love with not suffer in a so called lake of fire. They will also be brought into God's harmony.... they just will not live in the highest of heavens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity