U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-12-2011, 07:42 PM
 
6,257 posts, read 9,563,619 times
Reputation: 7541

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Universal Reconciliation is based on emotions, not faith. Those who subscribe to this doctrine do not "feel" the fairness of eternal torment for those who die in their sins, so they choose to believe in another way based on their emotions -- and that's not faith. All it takes is a few statements from those who hold to Universal Reconciliation to realize the motive behind their doctrine.

So, how do they do it? By cherry-picking. They take from scripture what they like, and then proceed to say that other parts of the scriptures have been mistranslated. How convenient. While they can't deny the existence of a God, unlike atheists, they are still unbelievers; they do not hold to the doctrine of Jesus Christ.
THANK YOU FOR TELLING THE TRUTH!! WISH I COULD HAVE GAVE YOU 1,000 REPS. YOU DESERVE IT!!

 
Old 01-12-2011, 07:55 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,481,229 times
Reputation: 989
UR people go by emotions.

Right.

Jesus wept.
 
Old 01-12-2011, 07:57 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,351 posts, read 20,088,142 times
Reputation: 2114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are the only one talking about Hitler, so don't say I am trying to suggest something I never suggested. But since you bring it up, I can tell you that Hitler killed many, but God killed all but eight on the entire planet. Also, since God punished the entire mankind with death, it is fair to say He has already killed billions. Fair? You do not seem to think so, but it is God's justice, which is why you can't understand it.
Of cause you are,you believe what Hitler did was unfair, and do not insult our intelligence to say otherwise, and turn around then to say it's ok and fair that God sending billions into eternal ovens is fair.

Death is not eternal torment, even if God wiped out them out which he didn't , man was simply reaping what he'd sown, so it's futile trying to put those killed into eternal torment because they died.

How come if you believe it's fair to kill and eternally burn folk , you don't do the same, because if it's an attribute of God i would have thought you would want to possess that same attribute. No wonder we have so many nutters in the world doing things in the name of christianity.
 
Old 01-12-2011, 07:59 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,481,229 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are the only one talking about Hitler, so don't say I am trying to suggest something I never suggested. But since you bring it up, I can tell you that Hitler killed many, but God killed all but eight on the entire planet. Also, since God punished the entire mankind with death, it is fair to say He has already killed billions. Fair? You do not seem to think so, but it is God's justice, which is why you can't understand it.
That was God's just judgment on the the antedeluvian's sin. And you want us to believe God is going to make them all pay again with eternal torment? Major LOL!
 
Old 01-12-2011, 08:00 PM
 
6,221 posts, read 6,425,671 times
Reputation: 683
Isaiah 55
7 Let the wicked forsake their ways
and the unrighteous their thoughts.
Let them turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on them,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the LORD.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
12 You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands.
13 Instead of the thornbush will grow the juniper,
and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.
This will be for the LORD’s renown,
for an everlasting sign,
that will endure forever.”



Its good news!
 
Old 01-12-2011, 08:07 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 4,913,876 times
Reputation: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Universal Reconciliation is based on emotions, not faith. Those who subscribe to this doctrine do not "feel" the fairness of eternal torment for those who die in their sins, so they choose to believe in another way based on their emotions -- and that's not faith. All it takes is a few statements from those who hold to Universal Reconciliation to realize the motive behind their doctrine.

So, how do they do it? By cherry-picking. They take from scripture what they like, and then proceed to say that other parts of the scriptures have been mistranslated. How convenient. While they can't deny the existence of a God, unlike atheists, they are still unbelievers; they do not hold to the doctrine of Jesus Christ.
Actually it sounds more like a Catholic revamp of Purgatory, but hey what do I know I just throw a bunch of theories around and rely on Christ actual words.
 
Old 01-12-2011, 08:08 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,321,173 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Universal Reconciliation is based on emotions, not faith.
Actually it's based upon scripture, as it should be. Here you go:

2Co 5:19 how that God was in Christ--a world reconciling to Himself, not reckoning to them their trespasses; and having put in us the word of the reconciliation,

 
Old 01-12-2011, 08:09 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,351 posts, read 20,088,142 times
Reputation: 2114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That was God's just judgment on the the antedeluvian's sin. And you want us to believe God is going to make them all pay again with eternal torment? Major LOL!
It makes me laugh how they equate death as meaning eternal torment.
 
Old 01-12-2011, 08:11 PM
 
6,257 posts, read 9,563,619 times
Reputation: 7541
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
UR denies all of the truth because of emotions. I read of one UR believer who had a nervous breakdown for about 12 years over the truth about hell, but then he found UR -- which comforted him; that's therapy, not faith. It would behoove him to press in toward God in truth so that fear can be lifted. One need not fear hell if they walk in the Lord's holiness and righteousness.
Oh tell me about it!! Remember that one guy that started that thread in here a while back. He was new to the Christian forum and he came there to validate his UR beliefs because it was on shakey ground. He had the nerve to say he couldn't worship a God that would send people to Hell for their sins even though he blatantly ignores the fact that 1, they got there by their own decree, and 2, God destroyed multiple ancient societies for their sins. He went even further blatantly ignoring scripture about the flood when he said his God wouldn't destroy 95% of his own creation. I'm like, are you serious?! Do you read the same Bible I do?! Because what I read was that the people of Noah's day basically killed themselves sinning recklessly against the most high God and thinking they wouldn't be payed back. This is God's earth. Not ours. And this guy was just rambling on with his half-faith just like a lukewarm Christian talking about how he wouldn't serve God because this/because that and I'm like you know what? You didn't create God. And you dang sure didn't make the rules. If you feel like you can't worship God with his laws and rules, don't. It's that simple. Don't be fake and lie to yourself. Your already of lukewarm faith. Not hot or cold for him. You want to make God into this sugar coated image, go right on ahead. And I told him he's going to get spit out when he gets judged by God. He's going to get left behind at the rapture and he's going to be all depressed because he choose to make God into his own image. And something more ridiculous he said while conversing. He kept saying "Your God, your God" and when a UR talked about God he said "His God sounds like a much more reasonable God that I would worship" or something like that. I'm like, that's it, I'm out of here. I can tell from then on that what I had thought was correct all along. UR is a lie all based off of pure emotions. People who CONSISTENTLY think about the lives of those in Hell and how they can't fathom why God would send them there for an eternity.

First of all, you don't know their life story. You don't know WHAT they have done or what's in their heart while they were on Earth. I know for a FACT that God calls us to him thoroughout our entire lives. Atheist? The reason they talk about religion so much is because God is constantly on their mind all the time. That is the him calling them to him!! People of different religions that find the need to criticize Christianity because blah blah blah...That is God calling to them. People who always try to mock or make fun of everything the Bible says is sacred, that is God calling to them inside their minds. See where I'm going with this? Do you see all this refusal? They refuse to acknowledge his word and to respond to his call so in a psychological twist they go on religious forums and websites to criticize and demean the same person that is constantly calling them to ease their inward pain and validate their non-belief.

Second of all, your not God. I repeat. YOUR NOT GOD! The reasons he sends people to Hell for eternity are ultimately between him and the person and I fully believe 200% that he is justified in his decisions!! I should not even SAY justified because of how unworthy I am!! God's will will be done and that's all there is to it!! No way around!! He created us, therefore his rules are such! Another reason people believe in UR is because they are attempting to understand the infinite mind of God with the little minds we have!! How ridiculous is that??!! You will never understand so why delude yourself into trying? You will NEVER!! Unless we find out when we die and go to Heaven. Perhaps only then will he allow you even a smidge of his wonderful infinite knowledge and why he does what he does. You should just be lucky we get to live in eternal paradise after this life is over!! And that goes for everybody of every walk of life. How great is God!! His reasons are just, righteous, and good!! If you are prepared to question his ways, be prepared to get questioned yourself on judgement day! I bet you'll wish you listened then!! Some of you never questioned your parents when they disciplined you, and you have the gall to question God?! I would NOT want to be you!

The people who are in Hell REFUSED this call their entire lives!! They had chance after chance after chance to accept salvation but they REFUSED. We have NO business as Christians trying to feel sorry for them. They made their choice. God WOULD NEVER send anyone to Hell if he knew that they would eventually turn from their ways. The people that are in Hell were in their sins so great that even if they were released from Hell, they would repeat the SAME MISTAKES because sin had overtaken every aspect of their lives into their hearts. They would not and could not repent even if they saw Jesus Christ standing in front of them. Because at some point, you reject God so much your heart becomes hardened unto his word and everything that is righteous. That's when they sealed their fate by being eternally separated from God. There are people who have come back from the dead saying that Jesus himself showed them Hell and how they were living their lives terribly. They came back and did a 180 on their entire lives and now are on the narrow road to Heaven. Those are the people that God regconizes would change and repent so he sends Jesus in a vision or a dream or even in death to save them from their ultimate fates. But the folk in Hell? NO WAY JOSE. They are the ones that would not repent WHATSOEVER. They would NOT turn from their ways EVER!! UR need to realize this because I am sick and tired of them trying to think about these people who are already dead and gone and chosen their fates instead of trying to get people saved right now so they don't go there!!

Last edited by allenk893; 01-12-2011 at 08:23 PM..
 
Old 01-12-2011, 08:16 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,351 posts, read 20,088,142 times
Reputation: 2114
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Oh tell me about it!! Remember that one guy that started that thread in here a while back. He was new to the Christian forum and he came there to validate his UR beliefs because it was on shakey ground. He had the nerve to say he couldn't worship a God that would send people to Hell for their sins even though he blatantly ignores the fact that 1, they got there by their own decree, and 2, God destroyed multiple ancient societies for their sins. He went even further blatantly ignoring scripture about the flood when he said his God wouldn't destroy 95% of his own creation. I'm like, are you serious?! Do you read the same Bible I do?! Because what I read was that the people of Noah's day basically killed themselves sinning recklessly against the most high God and thinking they wouldn't be payed back. This is God's earth. Not ours. And this guy was just rambling on with his half-faith just like a lukewarm Christian talking about how he wouldn't serve God because this/because that and I'm like you know what? You didn't create God. And you dang sure didn't make the rules. If you feel like you can't worship God with his laws and rules, don't. It's that simple. Don't be fake and lie to yourself. Your already of lukewarm faith. Not hot or cold for him. You want to make God into this sugar coated image, go right on ahead. And I told him he's going to get spit out when he gets judged by God. He's going to get left behind at the rapture and he's going to be all depressed because he choose to make God into his own image. And something more ridiculous he said while conversing. He kept saying "Your God, your God" and when a UR talked about God he said "His God sounds like a much more reasonable God that I would worship" or something like that. I'm like, that's it, I'm out of here. I can tell from then on that what I had thought was correct all along. UR is a lie all based off of pure emotions. People who CONSISTENTLY think about the lives of those in Hell and how they can't fathom why God would send them there for an eternity.

First of all, you don't know their life story. You don't know WHAT they have done or what's in their heart while they were on Earth. I know for a FACT that God calls us to him thoroughout our entire lives. Atheist? The reason they talk about religion so much is because God is constantly on their mind all the time. That is the him calling them to him!! People of different religions that find the need to criticize Christianity because blah blah blah...That is God calling to them. People who always try to mock or make fun of everything the Bible says is sacred, that is God calling to them inside their minds. See where I'm going with this? Do you see all this refusal? They refuse to acknowledge his word and to respond to his call so in a psychological twist they go on religious forums and websites to criticize and demean the same person that is constantly calling them to ease their inward pain and validate their non-belief. Isn't the world sick?!

The people who are in Hell REFUSED this call their entire lives!! They had chance after chance after chance to accept salvation but they REFUSED. We have NO business as Christians trying to feel sorry for them. They made their choice. God WOULD NEVER send anyone to Hell if he knew that they would eventually turn from their ways. The people that are in Hell were in their sins so great that even if they were released from Hell, they would repeat the SAME MISTAKES because sin had overtaken every aspect of their lives into their hearts. They would not and could not repent even if they saw Jesus Christ standing in front of them. Because at some point, you reject God so much your heart becomes hardened unto his word and everything that is righteous. That's when they sealed their fate by being eternally separated from God. There are people who have come back from the dead saying that Jesus himself showed them Hell and how they were living their lives terribly. They came back and did a 180 on their entire lives and now are on the narrow road to Heaven. Those are the people that God regconizes would change and repent so he sends Jesus in a vision or a dream or even in death to save them from their ultimate fates. But the folk in Hell? NO WAY JOSE. They are the ones that would not repent WHATSOEVER. They would NOT turn from their ways EVER!! UR need to realize this because I am sick and tired of them trying to think about these people who are already dead and gone and chosen their fates instead of trying to get people saved right now so they don't go there!!
You sound very passionate about eternal torment. I hope you are using everything that is within you, if you really do believe your own beliefs,in pleading with your loved ones, friends and strangers, to get saved . I'm sure you are .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top