U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 07:20 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,430,337 times

Advertisements

allenK, do you have any kids?

Suppose your kids wanted nothing to do with you your whole life because they were brainwashed into believing you were a no good for nothing S.O.B.

So to get even with them you built a huge bonn fire in your back yard and made them come to your bonn fire. And one by one you hoisted them by a rope over the fire kicking and screaming over your bonn fire and you tortured them as long as they could stay alive for you to enjoy their screaming. After all, they deserved it. They had their chance to love you and blew it. Now you are going to teach them a lesson about how true they were that you really are a no good for nothing Moderator cut: delete

Is God really like you?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-13-2011 at 08:32 PM.. Reason: inappropriate words/initials

Old 01-12-2011, 07:24 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,380,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
There are people who have come back from the dead saying that Jesus himself showed them Hell and how they were living their lives terribly. They came back and did a 180 on their entire lives and now are on the narrow road to Heaven. Those are the people that God regconizes would change and repent so he sends Jesus in a vision or a dream or even in death to save them from their ultimate fates.
Allen, I'm assuming you're one of those people who hasn't done any study on the word "hell." If you can't get to that simple point, I don't know how you are going to understand much about who God is. Nor will you ever understand why he isn't anything like the people who come back from the dead and talk about pagan underworlds.

And there have been plenty of people who have come back from bad drug trips (LSD etc.) who have changed their lives. Their brains came up with some truly horrible things, and they lived to tell about it, and they turned their lives around. Our brains (and fear) can do incredible things. But when somebody like Bill W. decides that his vision or dream or whatever is true and ends up believing his dream instead of the Bible, you have to know something is wrong.

You know that somewhere inside, I hope.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:25 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,720,996 times
So, if a two-year-old were to set his puppy on fire would your emotion tell you that something was very wrong with that child, or would your faith tell you that it's ok because he's an innocent child, or what? There is an innate sense of right and wrong in everyone when they are born, else there is something terribly wrong with that person. Where does this innate sense come from? God, maybe? Then why would He create us to know there's something wrong with torture and plan to torture most of humanity with no end? Either torture is OK and God mistakenly created us to think that it was wrong, or torture is bad and God is going to do it anyway, or torture is bad and God will NOT do it. Faith tells me it's the latter.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:28 PM

30,167 posts, read 19,971,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are the only one talking about Hitler, so don't say I am trying to suggest something I never suggested. But since you bring it up, I can tell you that Hitler killed many, but God killed all but eight on the entire planet. Also, since God punished the entire mankind with death, it is fair to say He has already killed billions. Fair? You do not seem to think so, but it is God's justice, which is why you can't understand it.
Hitlers ovens didn't burn eternally, the ovens that the Fundy christian created are designed to burn you eternally, conculsion Hitler is more merciful than the Fundy christian. Fair comment ?, you don't seem to thinks so, but anyone with a sound mind would.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:42 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,811,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Isaiah 55
7 Let the wicked forsake their ways
and the unrighteous their thoughts.
Let them turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on them,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon. 8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the LORD.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
12 You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands.
13 Instead of the thornbush will grow the juniper,
and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.
This will be for the LORD’s renown,
for an everlasting sign,
that will endure forever.”

Its good news!

Legoman....do you remember saying this about Psalm 145:
I love this Psalm as well! I find it uplifting and comforting.

You do realize the LORD is righteous when he destroys the wicked ... not save them.
The LORD is righteous in all his ways
and faithful in all he does......

The LORD is near to all who call on him,
to all who call on him in truth.
He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
he hears their cry and saves them.

The LORD watches over all who love him,
but all the wicked he will destroy.

and faithful in all he does......will accomplish what I desire

Here is a line by line comparison between what God says and UR wants it to say:

God says: The LORD is near to all who call on him,
UR hears: The LORD is near to all

God says: to all who call on him in truth.
UR hears: to all who call on him, truth not withstanding

God says: He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
UR hears: He fulfills the desires of all;

God says: he hears their cry and saves them.
UR hears: he hears all crying and saves them.

God says: The LORD watches over all who love him,
UR hears: The LORD watches over all

God says: but all the wicked he will destroy
UR hears: but all the wicked he will restore

or

UR hears: but all the wicked he will refine with fire, then save them all

or

UR hears: NO God ... "God desires all" .... read 1Tim 2:4

Last edited by twin.spin; 01-12-2011 at 08:03 PM..

Old 01-12-2011, 07:47 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,430,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

You do realize the LORD is righteous when he destroys the wicked ... not save them.

but all the wicked he will destroy .........not some
butall the wicked he will destroy ........ the wicked are not who love him
but all the wicked he will destroy ...... he will not save them
"Jesus came to seek and to save the destroyed sheep of the House of Israel."

Jesus told His disciples if they destroy their souls they would get them later.

How destroyed is destroy?

Old 01-12-2011, 07:55 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,222,467 times
the argument that it's based on emotion can easily,(and probably even moreso) go the other way,too.certainly there are ET's out there who would LOVE to see certain ppl burn in hell eternally,even if they don't come right out and say it.THAT is based on emotion!

Old 01-12-2011, 08:02 PM

6,221 posts, read 6,404,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

but all the wicked he will destroy .........not some

butall the wicked he will destroy ........ the wicked are not who love him
but all the wicked he will destroy ...... he will not save them
I can't wait for the wicked to be destroyed. Then only righteousness will be left. Nothing wicked will be saved.

I'm glad you pointed out He hears the cry of those who fear Him and saves them! Its good news!

Who will fear Him?
Who will not fear Him?

Rev 15:4...

Old 01-12-2011, 08:05 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,372,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
the argument that it's based on emotion can easily,(and probably even moreso) go the other way,too.certainly there are ET's out there who would LOVE to see certain ppl burn in hell eternally,even if they don't come right out and say it.THAT is based on emotion!
I don't believe in ET and you betcha there are people that I would LOVE to see burn in hell for eternity. Not just that, but tortured beyond their wildest imaginations. People who have slaughtered millions, deserve that and much more. Sadly, they will not see it. They will just be dead for eternity. Hopefully, there is punishment prior to death, for it would be fitting. Death just seems to good for them.

Justice is justice. That kid in Tucson, for example, should spend some quality time in hell for what he has done. In fact, anyone who takes the innocent life of another. THAT is justice. It isn't an 'eye for an eye', it is what God dictates that matters.

"Whoever sheds man's blood, By man his blood shall be shed, For in the image of God He made man."-GOD

Old 01-12-2011, 08:09 PM

6,230 posts, read 9,513,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
If your trying to subliminally call me out, I just want to say that I don't desire anyone to see Hell. That is why I try my hardest to preach about it so no one ends up there!! I don't have a sick desire to see people burn forever. But the fact is, people choose to go there by their own decree. And when we think about Hell, we think that it's not fair for them but we don't know them or what was in their hearts while they were on Earth. Who knows what kinds of blasphemes that were committing against God? We don't know them only God does and it's not our place to question him. His reasons are completely just and right. We will die someday and have to give an account to God for what we did and what we said. I choose to worship him because I know the promise of salvation. Heaven is where I want to go after this world is over. I don't know about you but I'm not about to risk trying God and thinking what he said was not true only to find out it was and pay for it later with eternity. I'm going to listen to God as long as I am alive and die believing in his infinite word. After all, he created me and I'm thankful that I am even alive. I could have never been born. But I was, I am, and now I'm here. All thanks to God. I know that I have nothing to say against him. The only people who have something to say against God are the ones that are living in sin and know the consequence of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity