U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 09:11 PM

6,221 posts, read 6,427,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I don't believe in ET and you betcha there are people that I would LOVE to see burn in hell for eternity. Not just that, but tortured beyond their wildest imaginations. People who have slaughtered millions, deserve that and much more. Sadly, they will not see it. They will just be dead for eternity. Hopefully, there is punishment prior to death, for it would be fitting. Death just seems to good for them.
Hotin, that's just not right. I wouldn't even wish that Hitler be tormented in hell for eternity.

These people who do these despicable things, like murder millions, rape, kill children, whatever - they are seriously messed up. Some of them don't even understand why what they did was a bad thing. Their life was poisoned, they had some serious NON-love issues, and because of that, they caused much NON-love in those they came into contact with, and in turn caused much pain and destruction. Its very sad.

But we should not return NON-love with an inifinity of NON-love in some eternal torture chamber. NO. It is love that will overcome all.

Love your enemies.
Love conquers all.
Love never fails.
Love is the most powerful force in the universe because God is love.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:12 PM

11,825 posts, read 9,855,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
"Jesus came to seek and to save the destroyed sheep of the House of Israel."
Jesus told His disciples if they destroy their souls they would get them later.
How destroyed is destroy?
The LORD is righteous in all his ways
and faithful in all he does......will accomplish what I desire

Mark 3:29
But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin.”

Matthew 25:41
“Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Luke 10:21
At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned,..... Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

1 Tim 2:3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

Quote:
Mark 3:29
But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin.”

“Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
Mark 3:29 yet whoever should be blaspheming against the holy spirit is having no pardon for the eon, but is liable to the eonian penalty for the sin

Mat 25:41 Then shall He be declaring to those also at His left, 'Go from Me, you cursed, into the fire eonian, made ready for the Adversary and his messengers

Quote:
Luke 10:21
At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned,..... Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.
Romans 11:32 For God locks up all together in stubbornness, that He should be merciful to all.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:19 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,384,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Hotin, that's just not right. I wouldn't even wish that Hitler be tormented in hell for eternity.

These people who do these despicable things, like murder millions, rape, kill children, whatever - they are seriously messed up. Some of them don't even understand why what they did was a bad thing. Their life was poisoned, they had some serious NON-love issues, and because of that, they caused much NON-love in those they came into contact with. Its very sad.

But we should not return NON-love with an inifinity of NON-love in some eternal torture chamber. NO. It is love that will overcome all.

Love your enemies.
Love conquers all.
Love never fails.
Love is the most powerful force in the universe because God is love.
Sorry, not buying it. For every drop of blood that ceased to live, to every tear that was shed,,,,by their own pain they would feel it.

I am not that fantastic of a Christian, I suppose, because those people should feel EVERY SINGLE OUNCE of the pain they caused others, multiplied over and over,,,INDEFINATELY.

You can say that is what you would do, and I respect that. But not me! Not ever.

Yes, it says to love our enemies. So preach to them, and let God deal with their hearts.

But, at the same time, if the enemy causes my family ANY bodily harm? They will be meeting their Maker REAL quick.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:25 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,393,431 times
Quote:
Sorry, not buying it. For every drop of blood that ceased to live, to every tear that was shed,,,,by their own pain they would feel it.

I am not that fantastic of a Christian, I suppose, because those people should feel EVERY SINGLE OUNCE of the pain they caused others, multiplied over and over,,,INDEFINATELY.

You can say that is what you would do, and I respect that. But not me! Not ever.

Yes, it says to love our enemies. So preach to them, and let God deal with their hearts.

But, at the same time, if the enemy causes my family ANY bodily harm? They will be meeting their Maker REAL quick.

HotinAZ, what did Jesus' family do when the religious mocked and tortured the most innocent man ever to walk the earth? In fact, what did Jesus do? I'm not saying that you don't have a right to protect your family from mentally ill, deranged people, but what I and a lot of other URs are trying to say is that many around the globe are born here, abused, mentally ill, never know what in the world love is, and end up going bonkers or end up in some dark whole within their own minds. Even within the ones who are smiling.

Do you understand?

When will the world know what light is? Even the people who are supposedly walking in the light have weird streaks or mean streaks within themselves. That's the truth. They may show love to their family members or maybe countrymen (or to others who look like them, act like them, people they understand), but they are most certainly not up to sacrificing for anyone beyond those people.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:

What are you "not buying" Hotin? Come on brother, this is serious stuff here. I'm not saying Hitler shouldn't deserve to feel every ounce of pain he caused others. Heck make him feel 7x70 the pain that he caused. God will decide - many stripes or few. But eternal burning in fire? Forever? Millions and billions and trillions of years, and he still burns on forever? Are you serious?

You don't think you would reach a point where you would say "ok enough is enough - he has paid his dues - we need to reconcile him back and teach him the right way"? Seriously? After trillions of trillions of years, you would still think "I'm glad Hitler is burning there forever and feeling this horrible pain for centuries of never ending centuries - he deserves it".

That is pretty hard-hearted Hotin. I don't think you can really be that hard-hearted... you believe in annihilation after all.

(shifting focus away from Hotin) ETers, do you seriously think this is how God is? 'let Him burn for millions of trillions of years - he deserves it'...

Old 01-12-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I can't wait for the wicked to be destroyed. Then only righteousness will be left. Nothing wicked will be saved.

I'm glad you pointed out He hears the cry of those who fear Him and saves them! Its good news!
It is good news to those who believe.....

John 6:40
For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life,

Quote:
Who will fear Him?...
an evil spirit. He cried out at the top of his voice, “Ha! What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us?

Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

“Then they will go away to eternal punishment" ........all the wicked he will destroy

Quote:
Who will not fear Him?

Rev 15:4... "
as usuall, deliberate twisting. Combine the rest of what Jesus\God says and they don't say "all saved"
“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance....

"but the righteous to eternal life.”
All nations who were seperated on his right .....they are only the righteous that have eternal life.”

Last edited by twin.spin; 01-12-2011 at 09:34 PM.. Reason: typo error

Old 01-12-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
ETers, do you seriously think this is how God is? 'let Him burn for millions of trillions of years - he deserves it'...
Now tell me that Jesus isn't the truth:

As told in a parable: Matthew 18:23-34
“Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. "
\\\\\\\\\\ end of parable/////////

Jesus concludes:
“This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart.” Matthew 18:35

And it is impossible to pay back "ALL" what is owed God. They will be tortured .... forever and ever

Old 01-12-2011, 09:42 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,384,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
HotinAZ, what did Jesus' family do when the religious mocked and tortured the most innocent man ever to walk the earth?
Wept, I am sure. But they found out in 70AD what EXACTLY they did now, didn't they?

Quote:
In fact, what did Jesus do?
Died?

Quote:
I'm not saying that you don't have a right to protect your family from mentally ill, deranged people, but what I and a lot of other URs are trying to say is that many around the globe are born here, abused, mentally ill, never know what in the world love is, and end up going bonkers or end up in some dark whole within their own minds. Even within the ones who are smiling.

Do you understand?
Yes, I do understand this. Now, do YOU know what YOUR commission is?

Quote:
When will the world know what light is?
When the Lambs become Lions!!

Quote:
Even the people who are supposedly walking in the light have weird streaks or mean streaks within themselves. That's the truth.
Yes, as even I do. Must be the Italian/Jewish/Swedish temper.

Quote:
They may show love to their family members or maybe countrymen (or to others who look like them, act like them, people they understand), but they are most certainly not up to sacrificing for anyone beyond those people.
Well, that is a load of bull. There are people dying aroud the world daily,,,and I sure as heck don't see too many Christians, UR or ET, or even CI people running to their rescue. Selling everything they own, and taking the stand between their oppressors and the downtrodden. Sorry, that is a fictional sad statement made by people who hide behind excuses. And no, I am not one of them either, much to my own shame.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
UR's need to face the fact that they are unbelievers.
Maybe ETers need to face the fact that they are unbelievers.

Fruits of the spirit: joy, peace, love, mercy, forgiveness.
Follow the fruits.

How can there be joy, peace, love, mercy or forgiveness if any are left in eternal torment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity