Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 08:45 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,132,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
What are you "not buying" Hotin? Come on brother, this is serious stuff here. I'm not saying Hitler shouldn't deserve to feel every ounce of pain he caused others. Heck make him feel 7x70 the pain that he caused. God will decide - many stripes or few. But eternal burning in fire? Forever? Millions and billions and trillions of years, and he still burns on forever? Are you serious?
Yep. And it still would not be long enough. The pain that man caused millions?? Would ANY punishment be long enough?

Quote:
You don't think you would reach a point where you would say "ok enough is enough - he has paid his dues - we need to reconcile him back and teach him the right way"? Seriously?
Nope, as he claimed he WAS a Christian. Sorry.

Quote:
After trillions of trillions of years, you would still think "I'm glad Hitler is burning there forever and feeling this horrible pain for centuries of never ending centuries - he deserves it".
I would not even give it a seconds thought as to what he was going through.

Quote:
That is pretty hard-hearted Hotin. I don't think you can really be that hard-hearted... you believe in annihilation after all.
Of course I do. But, if ET was in fact true,,then I have a few names that would be on the top of the list to be heading there, for sure.

Quote:

(shifting focus away from Hotin) ETers, do you seriously think this is how God is? 'let Him burn for millions of trillions of years - he deserves it'...
Whew, thanks. Seat was gettin 'hot'.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:50 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,087,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It is good news to those who believe.....

John 6:40
For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life,
an evil spirit. He cried out at the top of his voice, “Ha! What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us?

Matthew 25:41
Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

“Then they will go away to eternal punishment" ........all the wicked he will destroy

as usuall, deliberate twisting. Combine the rest of what Jesus\God says and they don't say "all saved"
“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance....

"but the righteous to eternal life.”
All nations who were seperated on his right .....they are only the righteous that have eternal life.”
As usual deliberate avoidance.

You go on and on about how God will achieve what He desires...

...but He desires to save all?

"Oh no He won't achieve that" - He doesn't get everything He desires - in fact He actually desires to torture people forever because they can't pay what they owe.

Egad.

Fruits of the spirit.

Does this bring you joy & peace twin.spin? What great joy you will have knowing yours and God's enemies will be burning forever because they can't pay what they owe.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post

Whew, thanks. Seat was gettin 'hot'.
LOL.

But I think I gave you too much credit about not being that hard-hearted.

Seriously, after trillions of trillions of centuries - you would still tell Hitler to burn forever? There is no forgiveness in you for that one. But if there is no forgiveness in your heart - why are you in heaven?

Old 01-12-2011, 08:56 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,432,209 times
Quote:
Does this bring you joy & peace twin.spin? What great joy you will have knowing yours and God's enemies will be burning forever because they can't pay what they owe.
Does it bring you great joy to be an accuser, a persecuter of the truth?

You have the very words of God , spoken by the Godman Jesus.

As told in a parable: Matthew 18:23-34
In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. "... (end of parable)

“This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart.” Matthew 18:35

And it is impossible to pay back "ALL" what is owed God. They will be tortured .... forever and ever

Old 01-12-2011, 08:57 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,132,903 times
Quote:
LOL.

But I think I gave you too much credit about not being that hard-hearted.

Seriously, after trillions of trillions of centuries - you would still tell Hitler to burn forever? There is no forgiveness in you for that one. But if there is no forgiveness in your heart - why are you in heaven?
Well, actually that is between Hitler and God. Hitler and the millions he killed. Hitler and the soldiers who died trying to prevent his tyranical reign.

So, I am left out of that. Thank God, because no....I would not forgive him.

And I normally forgive those who wrong me,,but I have not,,,THANKFULLY,,,been tested to that extreme. When it comes to my family?? I might kill them, and then forgive them. Who knows these things, unless we are put into those situations.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:58 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,172,860 times
Quote:
And it is impossible to pay back "ALL" what is owed God. They will be tortured .... forever and ever
Oh, my goodness, twin.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:59 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,679,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
If your trying to subliminally call me out, I just want to say that I don't desire anyone to see Hell. That is why I try my hardest to preach about it so no one ends up there!! I don't have a sick desire to see people burn forever. But the fact is, people choose to go there by their own decree. And when we think about Hell, we think that it's not fair for them but we don't know them or what was in their hearts while they were on Earth. Who knows what kinds of blasphemes that were committing against God? We don't know them only God does and it's not our place to question him. His reasons are completely just and right. We will die someday and have to give an account to God for what we did and what we said. I choose to worship him because I know the promise of salvation. Heaven is where I want to go after this world is over. I don't know about you but I'm not about to risk trying God and thinking what he said was not true only to find out it was and pay for it later with eternity. I'm going to listen to God as long as I am alive and die believing in his infinite word. After all, he created me and I'm thankful that I am even alive. I could have never been born. But I was, I am, and now I'm here. All thanks to God. I know that I have nothing to say against him. The only people who have something to say against God are the ones that are living in sin and know the consequence of that.
no not you allen...I'm just commenting in general.I understand your beleifs though,even if I don't share them.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:00 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,432,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Oh, my goodness, twin.

You're saying Jesus is a liar...or that somehow a person can buy his way of it?

Old 01-12-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Does it bring you great joy to be an accuser, a persecuter of the truth?
LOL this is rich. No, does it bring you great joy to be an accuser and persecutor of the truth?

Quote:
You have the very words of God , spoken by the Godman Jesus.

As told in a parable: Matthew 18:23-34
In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. "... (end of parable)

“This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart.” Matthew 18:35

You misunderstand this verse like all the others.

UNTIL UNTIL UNTIL

NOT FOREVER

The wages of sin is DEATH.

NOT:

The wages of sin is eternal torment because you can't pay what you owe.

We are paid our wages for sin - and that is death. So we all die. Cease, become unconscious, lying dead as a doorknob in the ground.

But the good news is God has promised a resurrection for all - He has shown good faith through Christ - and has proclaimed that all will be made alive in Christ just as all died in Adam.

So again, you avoid the question.

DOES THE THOUGHT OF YOUR ENEMIES BURNING IN HELL FOREVER BRING YOU PEACE AND JOY?

Old 01-12-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Oh, my goodness, twin.
twin.spin and scgraham are revealing their true nature tonight.

I feel sad for them... they are actually living in their own "hell" right now and don't even realize it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity