U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 10:02 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,412,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
You're saying Jesus is a liar?

I'm saying Religion is a liar. It is. Beyond my wildest imaginations, I'm starting to think. I believe religion as a whole has a wild imagination. Beastly, even?

Old 01-12-2011, 10:05 PM

11,825 posts, read 9,916,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
twin.spin and scgraham are revealing their true nature tonight.

I feel sad for them... they are actually living in their own "hell" right now and don't even realize it.
Then stop accusing God...and you'll be one less "hell" for me.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:07 PM

11,825 posts, read 9,916,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I'm saying Religion is a liar. It is. Beyond my wildest imaginations, I'm starting to think. I believe religion as a whole has a wild imagination. Beastly, even?
Then I just have to realize that you're calling Jesus a liar here.from.now

Old 01-12-2011, 10:14 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,412,560 times
Quote:
Then I just have to realize that you're calling Jesus a liar here.from.now

Old 01-12-2011, 10:17 PM

6,221 posts, read 6,462,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Well, actually that is between Hitler and God. Hitler and the millions he killed. Hitler and the soldiers who died trying to prevent his tyranical reign.

So, I am left out of that. Thank God, because no....I would not forgive him.

And I normally forgive those who wrong me,,but I have not,,,THANKFULLY,,,been tested to that extreme. When it comes to my family?? I might kill them, and then forgive them. Who knows these things, unless we are put into those situations.
Who knows what we would do in these situation - I agree. We can say we would do this or that - but when it comes down to it, its hard to hate for that long.

I thank you for being so candid Hotin.

And I still think you wouldn't be that hard hearted. I believe you heart would have softened after a few trillion years

Old 01-12-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Then stop accusing God...and you'll be one less "hell" for me.
I accuse God of nothing. It is these evil doctrines of men that you promote as "truth" that I question.

You know, you are the one who should stop accusing God. Saying He tortures people forever because they can't pay what they owe. That's some accusation.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:33 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,401,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Who knows what we would do in these situation - I agree. We can say we would do this or that - but when it comes down to it, its hard to hate for that long.

I thank you for being so candid Hotin.

And I still think you wouldn't be that hard hearted. I believe you heart would have softened after a few trillion years
Softened probably right at the get-go. Since really, none us know for sure what happens, and the chronological order in which it happens,,,then sure. I am sure I would forgive immediately. But my flesh, while I remain in the flesh,,,would scream out for vengeance. And if it was my family,,vengeance would be mine, just as those who are God's children,,,His vengeance is His to carry out.

I just hope 'no more tears' is a reality, and remembrance no more,,as I would not like to think about those who didn't make it.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Softened probably right at the get-go. Since really, none us know for sure what happens, and the chronological order in which it happens,,,then sure. I am sure I would forgive immediately. But my flesh, while I remain in the flesh,,,would scream out for vengeance. And if it was my family,,vengeance would be mine, just as those who are God's children,,,His vengeance is His to carry out.

I just hope 'no more tears' is a reality, and remembrance no more,,as I would not like to think about those who didn't make it.
Gotcha

Old 01-13-2011, 01:40 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,103,458 times
The devil doesn't mind our worshiping God if it doesn't require change. - Bill Johnson

Old 01-13-2011, 06:05 AM

59,339 posts, read 32,540,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I understand that this makes sense to you and that is why you believe what you believe. However, it doesn't make sense to me and that is why I believe what I believe. I know you believe that only yours is the truth - but I can only see my beliefs as the truth for me. To me, it is okay that we agree to disagree. I try to understand - but I cannot believe things that simply do not make sense to me. I use my heart and my head to guide me.

Who knows, maybe one day you will see it differently. I used to see it like you and now I see it differently/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity