Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 06:36 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
I was bored one day and it came to my mind. Family and friends call me the munchkin and I'm always on the computer, so, why not...
LOL
Okay, good to know But I like Latte' Chic better.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:37 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Okay, good to know But I like Latte' Chic better.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:41 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschulz View Post
I haven't read the rest of the thread yet so I don't know if this has been addressed but I think ET is more based on emotions than Faith. As a human I can understand how someone, and I used to do this too, can feel that some people deserve to burn in Hell forever. People that hurt other for pleasure or gain, monsters like Hitler or Stalin, child molesters, or someone I feel doesn't deserve mercy. Those people should be and deserve Hell. I used to think that, and that is emotion.

As I read and understand more I relize Faith is understanding God knows what he is doing. His ways are high that mine. He is not about vengence but about correction, repentance and love. ET and UR will never agree about the character of God. We both believe in God just in a differant character of God.
That's exactly right SSchulz, one can't claim that UR is based on emotions and not say the exact same thing about ET. Everything we "believe" is surrounded by emotions, so to say that UR's beliefs aren't valid because of emotions is ridiculous. Besides, it's not a "feel good" belief, it's scripturally based just as much as the ETer's think that their belief is. Emotions drive us to believe what we believe, whether it's UR, AN or ET.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:46 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
URs are obsessed with hell (yes, still) .
That explains why a hell believer started this thread about hell

Quote:
and that is the reason they converted to another belief system
Believing in Jesus Christ as Saviour is converting from a belief in Jesus Christ as Saviour?

Old 01-13-2011, 07:15 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You believe what hitler did was unfair, you believe the 9/11 attack was unfair ?, you believe all the atrocities you see on the news as unfair. You believe God throwing those who do not believe your message end up in eternal flames is fair .Well do you ?
You will never admit it, but God permitted those things to happen. Fair? Not fair? Again, you are putting God on trial, and you accuse Him of unfairness, and you insist that YOU define what is fair and what is unfair. His ways are not our ways.

Quote:
No i am not into drowning folk, neither is God,what you see played out in the OT is a law. The law of Sowing and reaping,it's a law set in place by God, just like the law of gravity so quit attributing God for everything evil you see.
You asked me why I don't do what God does. Well, why don't you? He already drowned them, and He already burned the people in Sodom and Gomorrah, yet you seem to insist He is not capable of such things after we die. Everyone here will die a physical death because of God. You may not find it fair, but it is God's will. You think He is capable of thses things on earth, but not after we die? You think God is another God once you die? No, He is the same God regardless of your status.

Again, His ways are not our ways. When you admit this simple fact, you will see the truth.

Quote:
you need help mate
That is the second time you mention that I need mental help. Why do you always resort to rudness? I will stop here, because I know form past experience that the insults will only get worse as you direct the conversation from the topic to me.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:22 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
In a lot of cases (maybe all?) death is a merciful act.

His ways are higher than our ways.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:34 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
In a lot of cases (maybe all?) death is a merciful act.
Tell that to the parents of the 9 yr old who was killed in Arizona.

I believe everything has a purpose, but I wouldn't call every death a merciful act. It is a clumsy way to put it.

Yes, indeed, His ways are higher than our ways, which is exactly why people need to stop trying to apply their human sense of justice to God.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:34 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:
Again, you are putting God on trial, and you accuse Him of unfairness, and you insist that YOU define what is fair and what is unfair. His ways are not our ways.
Indeed, fair or not, God will save all mankind as he promised.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:44 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
You will never admit it, but God permitted those things to happen. Fair? Not fair? Again, you are putting God on trial, and you accuse Him of unfairness, and you insist that YOU define what is fair and what is unfair. His ways are not our ways.

You asked me why I don't do what God does. Well, why don't you? He already drowned them, and He already burned the people in Sodom and Gomorrah, yet you seem to insist He is not capable of such things after we die. Everyone here will die a physical death because of God. You may not find it fair, but it is God's will. You think He is capable of thses things on earth, but not after we die? You think God is another God once you die? No, He is the same God regardless of your status.

Again, His ways are not our ways. When you admit this simple fact, you will see the truth.

That is the second time you mention that I need mental help. Why do you always resort to rudness? I will stop here, because I know form past experience that the insults will only get worse.
His ways are not our ways ????His ways are not the ways of our screwed up mind, that would think God who created man in his own image, would even consider burning t them eternally.
His ways are not our ways....This is the only way you can think to justify and condone your belief that God would commit crimes far worse than the worst of the worse of us and say it's fair.I have explained clearly to you that using his ways are not our ways, is not what you think it's saying, and it's most certainly not a scripture you can use to justify God eternally burning folk.

Putting God on trial ? are you serious, only a warped mind would say God casting billions into eternal flames is fair.My mind was warped too,when i believed it, i was not in the right frame of mind when i believed it, and needed my head looking at for believing it, and thankfully light dawned upon me that i needed help, and a revelation of his true nature and character delivered me out of the darkness of thinking that way and into the marvellous light of his unconditional love.

If i told you what Hitler did was fair,i would hope you would tell me i needed my head looking at.

Do you actually believe in reaping or sowing ?,we bring on our own destruction when we sow to the flesh, not God(So quit accusing God of killing folk)it's a law set in place by God, and the consequences of reaping destruction can only be neutralized by grace and forgiveness

Last edited by pcamps; 01-13-2011 at 08:22 AM..

Old 01-13-2011, 07:48 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Indeed, fair or not, God will save all mankind as he promised.
Exactly Phaze, it's not fair that God would save all mankind, because they are not christians, that they are not bible believers, and didn't choose God.

So you know what Finn "His ways are not our ways", right back at ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity