U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-12-2011, 01:25 PM
 
5,408 posts, read 4,659,683 times
Reputation: 1113

Advertisements

Universal Reconciliation is based on emotions, not faith. Those who subscribe to this doctrine do not "feel" the fairness of eternal torment for those who die in their sins, so they choose to believe in another way based on their emotions -- and that's not faith. All it takes is a few statements from those who hold to Universal Reconciliation to realize the motive behind their doctrine.

So, how do they do it?Moderator cut: flame

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-13-2011 at 10:44 AM..

 
Old 01-12-2011, 01:27 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,430,337 times
Reputation: 989
Right. We don't have even one Bible verse to back up our belief. No, not even one. It is just all emotions.
 
Old 01-12-2011, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Canada
6,643 posts, read 3,993,137 times
Reputation: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Universal Reconciliation is based on emotions, not faith. Those who subscribe to this doctrine do not "feel" the fairness of eternal torment for those who die in their sins, so they choose to believe in another way based on their emotions -- and that's not faith. All it takes is a few statements from those who hold to Universal Reconciliation to realize the motive behind their doctrine.

So, how do they do it? By cherry-picking. They take from scripture what they like, and then proceed to say that other parts of the scriptures have been mistranslated. How convenient. While they can't deny the existence of a God, unlike atheists, they are still unbelievers; they do not hold to the doctrine of Jesus Christ.

UR is based on Gods never failing LOVE, what is LOVE? emotion

God cares for all of His creation.

What is rejoicing for the lost sheep if it is not emotion

emotion does not negate faith it enhences it.
 
Old 01-12-2011, 01:40 PM
 
Location: Katonah, NY
21,199 posts, read 20,117,170 times
Reputation: 22092
I don't believe in either UR or ET or anything - but I have to say - it seems that the UR people are a lot more loving, tolerant, and just nicer than the ET people. I don't know why and like I said - I don't believe in either. This has just been my experience.
 
Old 01-12-2011, 01:41 PM
 
Location: Somewhere
6,370 posts, read 5,628,309 times
Reputation: 575
[quote=scgraham;17379534]Universal Reconciliation is based on emotions, not faith. Those who subscribe to this doctrine do not "feel" the fairness of eternal torment for those who die in their sins, so they choose to believe in another way based on their emotions -- and that's not faith. All it takes is a few statements from those who hold to Universal Reconciliation to realize the motive behind their doctrine.

So, how do they do it? Moderator cut: flame
So if I sin in 78 years or so of existence then it is fair that I should be tormented for trillions * trillions * trillions * trillions * trillions raised to the Trillionth power raised to a a a trillion other powers * trillions * trillions * trillions * trillions of year.... (I know I'm not even close). How many trillions of years are in eternity anyway?

Now does that really seem FAIR? Obviously not. Furthermore, if God is ALL KNOWing then He would have known I was going to this place of eternal torment BEFORE He even created me. If He knew that He would HATE me before He created me then there could be no point at which He loved me and therefore no possible chance that I could have ever been saved.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-13-2011 at 10:45 AM..
 
Old 01-12-2011, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,108,802 times
Reputation: 866
Are emotions bad??!?

I disagree at any rate, emotions or not. God is not unreasonable, and any type of eternal torment or hell is certainly unreasonable. Nature itself teaches us this.

But beyond that, UR is based on faith as well. However, some people believe that faith is God-given, not man-made. This is where the difference lies, imo.
UR gives God ALL the glory for the salvation of mankind.

ET takes a part of the glory for itself.

Blessings,
brian
 
Old 01-12-2011, 01:45 PM
 
5,408 posts, read 4,659,683 times
Reputation: 1113
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
UR is based on Gods never failing LOVE, what is LOVE? emotion
Don't confuse human love with divine love -- which UR appears to do. Make no mistake about it, we can love the Lord with our human emotions, but that won't hold up during the fiery trails; that takes divine love.

Divine love bows down in humility to whatever the Lord says or does -- whether our flesh likes it or not. Jesus' flesh did not want to go to Calvary, but divine love rose up and He finished the Father's will. Thank God!
 
Old 01-12-2011, 01:47 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,682,496 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Universal Reconciliation is based on emotions, not faith. Those who subscribe to this doctrine do not "feel" the fairness of eternal torment for those who die in their sins, so they choose to believe in another way based on their emotions -- and that's not faith. All it takes is a few statements from those who hold to Universal Reconciliation to realize the motive behind their doctrine.

So, how do they do it? By cherry-picking. They take from scripture what they like, and then proceed to say that other parts of the scriptures have been mistranslated. How convenient. While they can't deny the existence of a God, unlike atheists, they are still unbelievers; they do not hold to the doctrine of Jesus Christ.

Some may believe for the reasons you state, but that has no bearing upon whether God saving all mankind is actually true or not, it simply is your opinion.

I make no argument that anything is mistranslated, in the correct context it all fits from most translations.

So your claim has no validity for me and what I believe about scripture.
 
Old 01-12-2011, 01:53 PM
 
5,408 posts, read 4,659,683 times
Reputation: 1113
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
"...fairness of eternal torment"?

So if I sin in 78 years or so of existence then it is fair that I should be tormented for trillions * trillions * trillions * trillions * trillions raised to the Trillionth power raised to a a a trillion other powers * trillions * trillions * trillions * trillions of year.... (I know I'm not even close). How many trillions of years are in eternity anyway?

Now does that really seem FAIR? Obviously not. Furthermore, if God is ALL KNOWing then He would have known I was going to this place of eternal torment BEFORE He even created me. If He knew that He would HATE me before He created me then there could be no point at which He loved me and therefore no possible chance that I could have ever been saved.
Your post just proved my point. UR's exclaim that "it's not just!", "how unfair!". UR's need to face the fact that they are unbelievers.

Ezekiel 18
[25] Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?
[26] When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.
[27] Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.
[28] Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
[29] Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?
[30] Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.
[31] Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
 
Old 01-12-2011, 01:56 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,682,496 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Your post just proved my point. UR's exclaim that "it's not just!", "how unfair!". UR's need to face the fact that they are unbelievers.

Jesus Christ is my Saviour what fact must I face?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top