U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 11:00 PM

13,469 posts, read 21,245,287 times

Advertisements

Please do not turn this thread into a political debate or it will be moved or closed. Please read the op again and respond accordingly..I have bolded his question for discussion Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
As Christians, should we eat foods our Creator did not make? Should we knowingly be putting into our bodies genetically modified foods which give cancer and a host of other problems?

"Within 10 days of eating this "harmless" vegetable, rats developed smaller brains, livers & testicles... liver and immune system damage... and even potentially pre-cancerous cell growth. Now WikiLeaks exposes the dark secrets of why the US government is trying to bully European officials - and refuses to protect us..."

WikiLeaks Reveals US Sought to Retaliate Against Europe over Monsanto GM Crops

This article is a real eye opener on how our Govt. has colluded with Monsanto to force Europe eat Monsanto's frankenfoods and grow them or else.

Maybe as Christians we should write our congressmen/women and state representives? Pray for our Govt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 06:50 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,584,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

And it's for this reason amongst others, people should be storing up for the days that are coming! Remember the example of Joseph storing up quantities of grain in Egypt when Pharaoh’s dream warned there would be seven years of plenty followed by seven years of famine? I believe that when the Bible warns Christians to make preparations, when God warns us about approaching dangers, He also expects US TO ACT!
Betsey,

It may just be that it is spiritual food that we need to store up within ourselves to get through these perilous times. That's the way I've always looked at it. It doesn't make sense to me to store up an excess of literal food for our physical bodies -- afterall, someone might well come demand it from you at any time with a gun pointed to your head. It is the spiritual food that is most important to store up within oneself. That kind of food cannot be stolen from you. In fact, you can't even always give it away even when you'd like to!

Old 01-13-2011, 07:50 AM

16,301 posts, read 24,299,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
FYI...Christians/Believer's are being asked their opinions, and Christians/Believer's are answering.....the threads fine here!
OK, that's fine, and a great demonstration that focusing on the christian aspects misses the target (causation of why genetically modified food is a concern in the first place). Non-genetically food is getting harder and harder to find as it permeates most products in our grocery stores, so good luck, and no I don't like that, because we don't know what the long term effects will be. And yes, I think it should concern everyone from a health aspect.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:17 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,461,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Betsey,

It may just be that it is spiritual food that we need to store up within ourselves to get through these perilous times. That's the way I've always looked at it. It doesn't make sense to me to store up an excess of literal food for our physical bodies -- afterall, someone might well come demand it from you at any time with a gun pointed to your head. It is the spiritual food that is most important to store up within oneself. That kind of food cannot be stolen from you. In fact, you can't even always give it away even when you'd like to!
I hear you and I understand. Yet, I'm not of the camp that believes you should stand still and do nothing. I am no one’s judge and I respect anyone’s personal decision as a Christian/Believer. But for me and my family.....I'm believing God expects us to MOVE! My children are also expecting us to provide food to feed them, know what I mean?

I mean....I suspect any Christian/Believer would make sensible preparations if they lived on a coastline and knew that a strong hurricane was approaching. Right? Well, a storm is a coming; of a proportion that is unprecedented! that never was, and never again shall be!

Yes, of course your "spiritual house" should be in order! And, if you not preparing your "physical house" just because you are afraid someone will come and take it.....that's your choice (choice, operative word). Again, I have babies to feed, and this Mama Lion is fierce!

Old 01-13-2011, 10:20 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,461,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
OK, that's fine, and a great demonstration that focusing on the christian aspects misses the target (causation of why genetically modified food is a concern in the first place). Non-genetically food is getting harder and harder to find as it permeates most products in our grocery stores, so good luck, and no I don't like that, because we don't know what the long term effects will be. And yes, I think it should concern everyone from a health aspect.
And, I hear you..and I understand, Christian/Believer's/Non-believer's alike should all be concern about what goes into our bodies! It is getting harder and harder to find 'quality food'. There goes my "storing up" theory again!! Store up for a rainy day, yes? I'm afraid, these are just the 'birth pangs'....ain't seen nothing yet!

Old 01-15-2011, 10:01 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,466,870 times
So as Christians, if corn has been modified genetically to make us sterile but our Governement backs the company that made the genetically modified corn and says it is O.K. to eat, should we trust our government and eat the corn anyway?

Old 01-15-2011, 11:04 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,299,911 times
Quote:
So as Christians, if corn has been modified genetically to make us sterile but our Governement backs the company that made the genetically modified corn and says it is O.K. to eat, should we trust our government and eat the corn anyway?
Is this a hypthetical point or are your confusing the sterility of the seeds of a crop with sterility of those that consume the seed.

I don't know the long term effect on our body of eating such, or that we eat animals that eat it.

But I do know that we are now held completely hostage by the 'seed company' as any seed produced from today's crop is sterile thus we must buy seed next for next year.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:16 AM

7,883 posts, read 6,700,034 times
I heard of wikileaks nitpick government plans, but I never thought I would support this group, But for bringing this out, but they need the common liberal media to stop governmants from supporting foods unfit for human consumption, or there is Jesus plan ...... Pray Father on this area were foods structure is being changed for money and the abilities to grow more where these foods would be made unfit for consumption , I ask forgiveness for these errror of the people in authority...I plead the blood of Jesus Christ judgement on these issues and take our judgements away....Father bring us food fit for your creation as your plans, ..Shine your light on the corruptions of babylon..... Father I abass those evil spirits responsable for deception in those in authority in Jesus mighty name...

Old 01-16-2011, 06:22 AM

17,968 posts, read 12,466,870 times
Hi Ashville Native,
I believe the original link in this thread shows that some animals, when fed GMO foods that by the third generation they were sterile. This is not due to eating sterile foods but due to eating foods that were genetically modified.

Normally pigs can't have sex with plants to produce new, different plants, yet these companies are doing what God never intended. Scientists breach the species barrier God set up by putting genes from an animal into other animals or plants.

Have you ever noticed when humans toy around with what God did it ends in disaster?

Did you know they have put spider genes into some goats so that the goats will produce spider web material in their milk?
I don't know about you but I don't think God intended mankind to eat Frankenfoods. About 75% of the foods you buy in the supermarket contain genetically altered material in them.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:41 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,057,777 times
Quote:
As Christians, should we eat foods our Creator did not make? Should we knowingly be putting into our bodies genetically modified foods which give cancer and a host of other problems?
"Within 10 days of eating this "harmless" vegetable, rats developed smaller brains, livers & testicles... liver and immune system damage... and even potentially pre-cancerous cell growth. Now WikiLeaks exposes the dark secrets of why the US government is trying to bully European officials - and refuses to protect us..."

WikiLeaks Reveals US Sought to Retaliate Against Europe over Monsanto GM Crops

This article is a real eye opener on how our Govt. has colluded with Monsanto to force Europe eat Monsanto's frankenfoods and grow them or else.

Maybe as Christians we should write our congressmen/women and state representives? Pray for our Govt.
Proverbs 12:15
The way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice.

Thank you, Eusebius ! And I totally agree we should not put things into our bodies that God did not intend. And most definitely pray for our Govt. !!

I heard about this sometime ago and for many year's because of being educated (a Dietitian and Nutritionist cook in hospitals) about the preservatives, hormones in our food and meat put our family on the right track of growing a garden, canning, freezing, and buy our beef by a local farmer who raises the pig and cow organically.

If only people would educate themselves about what you are presenting. I truly believe we would be seeing a lot less diseases and new ones everyday coming out.... because of what our govt. has done for years with our food.

Having the computer these days and people as yourself warning us, is no excuse for people not educating themselves....

Like most people do not realize that there is anti-freeze in their ice cream..... aluminum in cake mixes..... and the list goes on, we know after years of eating this it will cause some bad effects to our bodies !
Alzheimer's, Autism, such diseases are cause possibly because of the aluminum in our food and our food canned in aluminum .... we're finally seeing the effects of it..... people (naively) are reaping what has been sown by the secrets of our govt. !!

Oh, the greed for money and not caring about people just sets me on edge.... Sorry

PLEASE PEOPLE EDUCATE YOURSELVES...... BREAK THE CYCLE OF THIS IN YOUR LIFE, MAKE A HEALTHY CHANGE, DON'T TRUST EVERYTHING THAT OUR GOV'T IS TELLING YOU.... THEIR DECEIVING THE PEOPLE....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or